Remora - Rpi Software Stepping Using External Microcontroller via SPI

More
15 Apr 2022 21:33 #240346 by eng
I would like to use the F407VE, but I don't know exactly which firmware to use with this card, can the remora be used with it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2022 21:38 #240347 by scotta

I would like to use the F407VE, but I don't know exactly which firmware to use with this card, can the remora be used with it?

Hi, the BLACK_F407VE is supported with this version of firmware in the develop branch:

github.com/scottalford75/Remora/tree/dev...FirmwareBin/ARCH_MAX.

I really need to update the name of the folder to reflect the board name.

More
15 Apr 2022 21:41 #240348 by eng
I appreciate your quick response, thank you very much, I'm using google translator.

More
15 Apr 2022 22:03 #240351 by eng
I found a video where you are using the remora with the w5500 directly to the computer, I wanted to use it this way, without using the Raspberry Pi because I wanted to use it directly from the computer, what files would you need to make the same as your video? exactly as it is in this link,

More
17 Apr 2022 21:36 #240494 by scotta

I found a video where you are using the remora with the w5500 directly to the computer, I wanted to use it this way, without using the Raspberry Pi because I wanted to use it directly from the computer, what files would you need to make the same as your video? exactly as it is in this link,

Hi, Ethernet connection with a W5500 is still a work in progress and was what inspired me to develop NVEM firmware. Now that that version of firmware is working well I'll probably come back to the W5500 to complete the SPI DMA code to reduce the servo period. 

If you would like to have a play you could clone the feature/ethernet branch and compile the firmware.

github.com/scottalford75/Remora/tree/fea...areSource/Remora-OS5

More
17 Apr 2022 22:56 #240516 by eng
particularly, I don't like Raspberry, I prefer the use of the computer or the notebook, I was curious because I would like to be able to use the Black F407VE with the w5500, because here in my country it wouldn't be very expensive, unlike a Raspberry that would be in average 4 to 5 times more expensive than the Black F407VE, what do you suggest to me to be able to use the w5500 without the Raspberry using a computer like I've been using?

More
18 Apr 2022 01:17 #240531 by cakeslob
For the ethernet, its spi as normal, PC_4 to reset on the whiz, or PC_4 to interrupt ? Also, do we need to change anything in the config file for this? like, do we remove the reset pin section, or do we add something?

Also, I dont know what Im doing with the docs, I though the pages would be added to sidebar/hardware section, but they did not add, I do not know where I went wrong on this.

More
19 Apr 2022 00:30 #240615 by scotta
I'll need to do a little work to get the W5500 back up and running. The LinuxCNC Ethernet component has been modified for the NVEM board.

Regarding the docs, yes, not sure why the new sections aren't updating as things look correct in your modifications.

More
19 Apr 2022 22:27 #240693 by cakeslob
thats cool, i know you go other things on the go, me n my whizz are ready when you are. the main reason was im trying to mock up a w5500 board thats fits into the wifi adapter spot, because I think that would be pretty slick. it looks like this wifi adapter footprint is becoming more standard, and on more boards, so i thought it would be cool, and make for a clean, universal setup

More
19 Apr 2022 22:33 #240696 by eng
did you manage to do any tests with the w5500 with the Black F407VE? I would be very happy if this were possible.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds