Remora - Rpi Software Stepping Using External Microcontroller via SPI

More
15 Jan 2022 21:38 #231937 by wazza77
I have changed the clock divider to 64 but no luck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2022 21:40 #231938 by cakeslob
what I mean is, I dont see a bootloader offset in the initial mbed_lib.json but it will do what ever the arch max is doing. but you can use the stlink and st-tools to see where its actually being written to by looking at the flash data, from the boards ive checked, there usually several empty sections in the memory between the bootloader and firmware
The following user(s) said Thank You: wazza77

More
15 Jan 2022 22:26 #231946 by wazza77
ok so some strange activity while trying to debug things I used the serial wire viewer switched stimulus port to all clicked start and started linuxcnc and it works I also get serial coms back! so I have no idea why that worked im getting joint following errors but I will work that out. any ideas why the serial wire viewer would make it work?

More
15 Jan 2022 22:38 #231948 by scotta

Ok, I dont kniow anything about the bare metal build, but I think I just missed an I or a Z somewhere in the custom targets json, so I have it built, like normal.

edit, holy shit it works, finally a working one thanks for the help scott , ill upload the stuff in a moment

Great news! Please share a link or create a pull request. Thanks

More
15 Jan 2022 22:43 #231951 by scotta

Morning cakeslob
0x8000000 is the standard location in ST utility I was just wondering if there had been an allowance for a boot loader etc.
I get nothing from the uart I'm trying to eliminate everything I can should I receive data from uart the instant it powers up

For the SKR2 there is a bootloader with the application address:

"target.mbed_app_start": "0x08008000",

More
16 Jan 2022 02:39 #231983 by wazza77
ok so at least I know I have spi and serial working I am looking into why it wouldn't boot maybe a reset issue but right now while I can get it to come out of estop and turn on the machine I get remora.joint enable if I use manual control and move a axis I can see remora joint pos-cmd  increase but I get no remora joint pos-fb I have looked at my config compared to other examples and everything looks fine  

File Attachment:

File Name: remora-xyz...1-15.hal
File Size:2 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: config_2022-01-15.txt
File Size:2 KB
I have checked if the limit switches are being tripped but they are showing nothing
Attachments:

More
16 Jan 2022 03:01 #231985 by Aaroncnc
wazza77 i dont see in your files any reference to limit switches.
example
net X-min remora.input.0 => joint.0.home-sw-in joint.0.neg-lim-sw-in
The following user(s) said Thank You: wazza77

More
27 Jan 2022 05:19 #233254 by cakeslob
new Skr2 with stm32f429vgt works with octopus pro 429 firmware and regular skr2 config , so same old skr2 but with 180mhz
i set up uart pins for octopus to use tft connector same as skr2 for consistency

The monster8 - I hooked up the spi to my logic analyzer
first a bunch of 00, then some like some ff, then a whole bunch of stuff, then all 00 . all happens pretty fast. it looks the same as when I probe spi3 which is handling the sdblockdevice compared to the skr2 which looks like the matrix with all the spi stuff.

Stm32f446 boards - still cant get any of them to load 446 compiled firmware. Ive tried a bunch of different config flags and minor things , and setup a minimum blinky program with the current target profiles but I get nothing. the skr2 loads but messed up, but the stm32f429 firmware doesnt load at all. just observation.
Ive been going over this reference material
www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/...microelectronics.pdf

and checking over any examples of other 446 boards using mbed firmware but theres still something Im not getting. I found an example using 446 with a 25mhz clock, im not seeing too much different and setting an HSE value didnt seem to work.
github.com/uwrobotics/MarsRoverFirmware/.../custom_targets.json

More
27 Jan 2022 20:42 #233308 by scotta
Hi, I did not realise that they have had to bring out another version of the SKR2. Good to know.

Something really strange with the 446 boards.. I'll need to get one at some point to have a play myself.

My next approach would be to try a blinky program in STM32CubeIDE so as to eliminate bootloader issues. Just remember to take a copy of the whole flash to keep the bootloader code safe ;-).

More
01 Feb 2022 02:18 - 01 Feb 2022 04:55 #233681 by cakeslob
I figured out my debugger issue, it now looks like im in the matrix. But I dont know what it means.....
I step through the program, no errors show up, but it just loops back to mbed_sdk_boot when it tries to set up independent watchdogs. Im not sure if this is how you are supposed to do this but here is the last thing before it goes back to mbed_sdk_boot. your patience is appreciated
/* Enable IWDG. LSI is turned on automaticaly */
__HAL_IWDG_START(hiwdg);

edit, ok that is from debugging, i dont know what im doing yet
Last edit: 01 Feb 2022 04:55 by cakeslob.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds