Remora - Rpi Software Stepping Using External Microcontroller via SPI

More
05 Jan 2024 01:59 #289824 by cakeslob
i hope this thing works
my super cheap shit board with the following buzzwords
linuxcnc remora raspberrypi stm32 blackpill w5500 ethernet ........ shield

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Trihwangyudi1990

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2024 05:24 #289832 by tommylight
Would that make 2 network adapters?
Redundancy? :)

More
06 Jan 2024 01:50 #289915 by cakeslob
it could but i dont know if it would work

SPI via RPI or ethernet w5500
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
06 Jan 2024 21:37 #290007 by cncmiljc
I can make the thread work but nothing with data transfer, the h743 configuration seems to be more difficult than the F407, I am not able to exchange data.

More
06 Jan 2024 22:17 #290012 by cakeslob
I would check with some of the grblhal repos as reference, I think there is an H7 implementation. The H7 does look significantly more complicated than the F407.

I do hope you share your repo when your done.

More
08 Jan 2024 02:58 #290173 by Trihwangyudi1990

i hope this thing works
my super cheap shit board with the following buzzwords
linuxcnc remora raspberrypi stm32 blackpill w5500 ethernet ........ shield

looks promissing, will wait for the real, i will build those to change my old chinese bob, can we add axis to multiple z axis?i have plant to add my machine with diode laser and plasma cut

More
09 Jan 2024 02:24 #290252 by cakeslob
for that board specifically I ran out of room for a 4th, but it is more for small desk stuff. made to be cheap , easy and accessible. But yeah I would wait until they arrive and I can test them. Im not an electrical engineer and Im not too good with computers, so I expect several revisions.

I do have 2 other boards should arrive here by next week, you might be more interested in the other one. It is a DB25 RPi/Ethernet board, similar to the other one. 

I also made an ethernet adapter for BTT/3d printer boards. They almost have a standard wifi socket that can be used for ethernet

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trihwangyudi1990

More
09 Jan 2024 05:18 #290259 by Trihwangyudi1990

for that board specifically I ran out of room for a 4th, but it is more for small desk stuff. made to be cheap , easy and accessible. But yeah I would wait until they arrive and I can test them. Im not an electrical engineer and Im not too good with computers, so I expect several revisions.

I do have 2 other boards should arrive here by next week, you might be more interested in the other one. It is a DB25 RPi/Ethernet board, similar to the other one. 

I also made an ethernet adapter for BTT/3d printer boards. They almost have a standard wifi socket that can be used for ethernet

the one with db25 port looks good, just need plug and play..greath wait for real test

More
13 Jan 2024 16:52 #290567 by Lewis
Hello - first post in Linuxcnc forum!   I'm very interested in this Remora stuff and ended up here via the millennium machines discord as I'm following their progress.  I have a noob question- is there a way to use an older RPi3 with a remora based system ?  Are there any sites/links where I could go to read more about it ?  Thanks.

More
13 Jan 2024 19:59 #290579 by scotta
Hi Lewis,

The original SPI version of Remora was actually developed on a RPi 3B, so yes it can be made to work as long as you can get LinuxCNC installed.

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds