Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
22 Apr 2022 22:27 #240931 by royka

The F2 and F4 series are very compatible. It should only require the clock configuration to be updated.

Nice, I've ordered one, hopefully I'll do a good soldering job

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2022 00:35 #240946 by cakeslob

I'm wondering if the stm32f207 is not fast enough for the speeds I would like, if replacing it with an 180mhz F4 chip is an option. It's pin compatible. Would it be hard to change the firmware?

thats bitchin, good idea

What procedure do you use when scotta changes the firmware? Are you installing on new eth.h and eth.c? And then how do you run linucncn from the command line? Which files to place then and where? Do you work with print.hal or remora nvem hal? I'm confused. So far, everything has worked for me, but I'm asking me to do it with you. Well thank you

Hey domi, check out this section, linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/user/user-intro.html

you gotta read the manual because linuxcnc is hard as shit, but basically
-you only need to install if you dont have it, or eth.c was updated

-to run linuxcnc from command line, you open up the terminal and if you have it installed, you enter this
linuxcnc
type that into terminal, and the rest is the same. you can use it to diagnose problems easier

- i dont know what you mean with the files, but the eth.c you install, otherwise you will mostly be working out of your config folder

-'print.hal' im pretty sure hes go a printNC, so hes using a printNC config, and he has added the remora to it. yours is remora-eth.hal, mine is littlekevin2_remo_stm.hal, its just the name

- Remora-NVEM-develop is just the repository from github where all the remora related files are. you dont need to put it anywhere special because we take files from it. all the files you need are in there ,the component eth.c, the sample config/hal, and the firmware.

More
23 Apr 2022 02:00 #240955 by Domi
I'm responding to the fact that Scott has cut the functions of the halls. No mom stuck too sure. Therefore, I am asking to re-install eth.h and c. But the result is probably the same. Although, if I understood correctly, I can use an axis that suits me and add lines or search for a dysplay that is suitable for me and also adjust the inputs and outputs. Is that so? I just need to add V2 to the probe screen to make a blast before the measurement. What is understandable relay output at a certain time and still cooling outputs. Mist a flood. I just don't know how to make a blast in probe screen v2 before measuring the instrument

More
23 Apr 2022 02:05 #240956 by Domi
Share the configuration of Hal and especially if you need it about me. Well thank you

More
23 Apr 2022 02:09 - 23 Apr 2022 02:10 #240957 by Domi
Scotta : yes. I did all this
Last edit: 23 Apr 2022 02:10 by Domi.

More
23 Apr 2022 02:33 - 23 Apr 2022 02:39 #240958 by Domi
To be clear: I want to use this tool sensor + 3d touch + cooling mist, flood and air. And I have no idea how to use all this in Axis and realtime.

The offset would be used as I have used it so far.3D touch sensor + tool sensor probe screen V2. I will be grateful for help
Last edit: 23 Apr 2022 02:39 by Domi.

More
23 Apr 2022 03:12 - 23 Apr 2022 03:13 #240960 by scotta
Hi Domi,

You will have a very nice setup once completed, but a little off topic for this thread. Maybe ask for some assistance in the Advanced Configuration section of the forum. Unfortunately I have not even tried to configure some of these functionality in LinuxCNC myself. Sorry.

The configuration for these is nearly identical to that for a Mesa card, just different naming of the IO etc.
Last edit: 23 Apr 2022 03:13 by scotta.

More
24 Apr 2022 18:30 #241097 by Domi
Does anyone have at least a spindle configured? Well thank you

More
24 Apr 2022 21:42 #241122 by scotta
The following user(s) said Thank You: Domi

More
27 Apr 2022 22:33 #241411 by eng
Take a doubt, forgive me in advance if I'm asking a nonsense, because I'm learning all this about programming, I'm testing the esp32 with linux which by the way works very well, there we use the arduino ide to write the firmware, I wanted to know if here with the remora, it would be possible to use the arduino ide too or would that not be possible? I won a nvem to start my studies, I'm waiting for it to arrive to start the tests.

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds