G71

More
15 Apr 2019 21:37 #130932 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic G71
Hmm,

G41 and G42 is actually nice to practice for you.
I did it before and still in progress for someting difficultier in c. To know if it's a G41 or a G42.... But not interesting for now.

Start with a draftsight drawing 2d. And program the G41 offset's. The linux pages have a good tutorial for this.
Load them into linuxcnc and try it time by time. It will not succeed you in the first evening i think. It will take some time to understand
how it works. Avoid tool radius compenstation at the beginning, they can cause some confusing.

But you will succeed !!!

Mach4 is nothing. It's crap.
Stay and start with Linux !!! Linux will rule the world some day. I got a ethernet 6 axis mach4 interface from poland, it's scrap for me.
How do i get rid of this component?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2019 21:38 #130933 by Patrik T
Replied by Patrik T on topic G71
Video inspiration:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Grotius

More
15 Apr 2019 21:53 #130937 by smplc
Replied by smplc on topic G71
'if enable or not as a program reads its executable or function of a non-monotonic tool path.' A G71 executable or any general executable reads an entire program depending on its variables and until its conditions are met. Some conditions are true and ignore rest of functions in a program. Idea was if finish coordinates, linear path and next angular path would it transmit to G71 and its functions before executing angular path.

It's just that GE Fanuc and other Fanuc standard industrial CNC controls (ISO & EIA) refer Type 1 as monotonic tool paths and Type 2 as non-monotonic tool paths. To enable Type 2 requires simultaneous movement of X and Z axis to start point before executing profile within G71.

Code might not necessarily matter. Generally it could be any program language that does such as a Type 1 or 2. Some program language's and or CNC control's might not reference Type 1 or 2 and classify it another way.

More
15 Apr 2019 22:14 #130938 by Grotius
Code might not necessarily matter
I think if there exist's a linux man page for G71, it does matter. Then there is a aprroval on certain level to adapt code and publish this code.

Generally it could be any program language that does such as a Type 1 or 2.
Yes, certainly !! But only remember for real time environment python is to slow. It can do the job around 200ms clockcycle.
So for G41 & G42 movement's that move like python pid's, me don't like. B)

Some program language's and or CNC control's might not reference Type 1 or 2 and classify it another way.
If you have a brand like Okuma. Higher level. How will they call a G71?
They trade a machine with a temperature sensor to ensure distance.
How will they trade a G71?

More
15 Apr 2019 22:16 - 20 Apr 2019 17:58 #130939 by smplc
Mach4 Industrial lathe screen could still be going through some development. Its Hobby lathe screen would be more effective. About the latest Hobby builds its lathe tool nose compensation appeared okay with digital readout.

I could vouch the Mach4 Industrial three-axis use is more than adequate. I haven't used the control productively due it hobby, prototyping and modeling. Additional is studying advance programming and engineering. Lately, I'm not sure how thorough the mill screen is with tool compensation general applications. I do recall that geometry as simple as a square island with corner radius and tool nose compensation accurate.

I did a thread mill program that included Macro B with Mach4 Industrial control. It sure is nice to use Macro B with rough cycles to reduce coordinates.

I went with Mach4 due to is compatibility with hardware and a plus its latest builds include Macro B. Someday G12.1 and G13.1 (G12 & G13 or G112 & G113) might be implemented and looking forward to it.

Much of LinuxCNC is using a parallel port with its hardware and modern computers limited availability. I'm using a Mesa 7i92M with ethernet sort of a motion controller to my laptop computer. Chosen due to an existing CNC control box, hardware and configuration. The 7i92M was basic with its pins and ports about a couple years ago. It might be going through some internal development. Maybe the model firmware would get future updates.
Last edit: 20 Apr 2019 17:58 by smplc. Reason: G112 & G113 to G12.1 & G13.1

More
15 Apr 2019 22:17 #130940 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic G71
The G71 Python remap is in the interpreter, it doesn't touch real-time. And it works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrik T

More
15 Apr 2019 22:30 - 15 Apr 2019 22:32 #130943 by smplc
Any program language can just rename their executable file G71, G85 etc. Make sure that file name is the same G code programmed.

Okuma's G85 and G87 likely have a bit of a different algorithm of source code because G85 is used with rough turning and facing. G87 finish pass. Rough turning and facing distinguished with different G code's starting. Rough turning start G81 and rough face G82. Both ending with G80.

Okuma has another CNC program build that's similar to Fanuc G code but might not be seen as oftern as Okuma's trademark G code.
Last edit: 15 Apr 2019 22:32 by smplc.

More
15 Apr 2019 22:32 - 15 Apr 2019 22:38 #130944 by Grotius
@Sm,

The problem with mach4 is that people are getting lazy. It works directly and within 30 minutes.
But after that you will see a periode of window 7 up to 10 failure's. Also mach4 is nothing related to linuxcnc possibilities.
I have a free software from Russia that is developped after Mach4. I get it for free for a lifetime. But i don't use it, It's claimed to be better than mach4. See purelogic.

I only use Linux 64 bit with Ethercat. The best of the best you can get, just like Tina Turner.
Maybe over 4 years i go to 128 bit linux.. but not sure about this yet.

@SMPLC,

Follow linux. Spent your time in linux, become just as good as Andy.
You can make the G71 man page if you want to. Why not?
Andy will give you the link's to start with.
Last edit: 15 Apr 2019 22:38 by Grotius.

More
15 Apr 2019 22:36 #130945 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic G71
There already is a G71 manpage.

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/andypu...src/gcode/g-code.txt

(search that page for G71)

More
15 Apr 2019 22:38 #130946 by smplc
Not too shabby. It looks like the surface feet was kepted up and a good surface finish.

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds