Can't install camview in buster

More
02 Nov 2022 10:30 #255770 by seuchato

a) Where does it spend the time? I would guess at the "Waiting for component 'qtvcp_embed' to become ready..." stage?

b) You can make some of the cruft disappear by adding the missing items to the [DISPLAY] section of the INI {and probably should, just so you end up with sensible values in the GUI).

c) I don't know how serious the bad-drawable errors are. Are they regular and continuous?

Andy
a) It delays the startup of the axis graphical interface. The manual tool change message pops up immediately, but then it is delaying the pop up of the xis window.  See file slow-start.txt. I could not really tie it down 100% sure.  

File Attachment:

File Name: slow-start.txt
File Size:5 KB
But I would guess, it is happening here "Waiting for component 'qtvcp_embed' to become ready..............[QTvcp][DEBUG]  Calling the handler file's initialized__ function (qtvcp:219)". I guess, this is where the cam_align stuff is being initiated and the corresponding tab being prepared. Could it be slow response of the camera? I also note: the number of the dos "...." changes, as does the time axis is delayed. Have to test, if the dots correspond to delay time (which is what I would expect).

b) some clarification needed: What items do you think are missing?
I'll add the original-version.txt of the expanded ini [DISPLAY] section and the modified-version.txt. Does not behave differently at all.

c) The messages containing "(BadDrawable)" only after closing axis

I'll try the hints given in the gladly received post of you and report back.
greez
chris

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2022 10:48 #255773 by seuchato

There should be a sim: axis/qtvcp/qtvcp_tab available.
Can you try it and see if there is a big delay too ?

Chris
Yes, unfortunately, see attached output.
greez
chris
Attachments:

More
02 Nov 2022 10:55 #255774 by seuchato

a) It works on 2.8.4 here without any noticeable startup delay, the "BadDrawable" messages only seem to appear during shutdown.

b) I do see these at the top of your messages, I have no idea what they are or whether they cause any issues.
# handle_includes(): <35> found #INCLUDE with no filename
# handle_includes(): <36> CANNOT READ nosuchfile

Phill
a) I am on 2.8.4 too. I use debian, plasma, kde, which might be a bit exotic, but gave best latency results on my machine. I'll attach the file "1601610130.hw.txt" where you should see everything about the machine/os/etc. Note: The run was in 2020, still on 2.8.0, but the machine is really upgraded to 2.8.4 now.
greez
chris
Attachments:

More
02 Nov 2022 11:06 #255776 by seuchato

# handle_includes(): <35> found #INCLUDE with no filename
# handle_includes(): <36> CANNOT READ nosuchfile

maybe it has to do with this?
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/config/ini-...html#sub:ini:include

Chris
While I am trying to track these messages, I renamed the include file based "cnc0-inc.ini" epanded "cnc0-inc.ini.expanded" to "cnc0-inc.ini.expanded.ini" and started it. The error messages are gone, but the delay stays. See attached file.
So it must be something else.
greez
chris
Attachments:

More
02 Nov 2022 23:48 #255809 by phillc54
I get all the same messages as you except that I don't get this:
Waiting for component 'qtvcp_embed' to become ready.......[QTvcp][DEBUG]  Calling the handler file's initialized__ function (qtvcp:219)
I am using XFCE on a Debian Buster VM and it loads really quickly. Is it possibly a KDE thing?

More
03 Nov 2022 11:26 #255832 by seuchato
Phill
I'll test it later today and report back.
Greez
chris

More
04 Nov 2022 15:35 #255922 by seuchato

I get all the same messages as you except that I don't get this:
Waiting for component 'qtvcp_embed' to become ready.......[QTvcp][DEBUG]  Calling the handler file's initialized__ function (qtvcp:219)

I am using XFCE on a Debian Buster VM and it loads really quickly. Is it possibly a KDE thing?

Tested it under xfce. Same thing, even worse. I am delaed about 40 secs.
I'll try to attach the output in an edit, else that @#!! will probably garble the whole post again (Grrr!).

greez
chris

More
04 Nov 2022 15:42 #255924 by seuchato
As you can see from attached files, it starts up, is delayed a lot and finally crashes
"TCL error in asynchronous code:
    while executing
"140563265310144check_dynamic_tabs"
    ("after" script)"

any ideas?
greez
chris
Attachments:

More
04 Nov 2022 16:03 #255930 by seuchato
I recalled doing an update this afternoon. Now, I am on
 LANG=C apt list python
Listing... Done
python/oldstable,now 2.7.16-1 amd64 [installed,automatic]

Could someone with a working config kindly cross check  with their version, please?

More
04 Nov 2022 16:12 #255932 by seuchato
same result on a different PC, so I rule hardware defects out.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds