Can I use a C shell script for my PLC stuff?

More
03 Feb 2012 06:57 #17356 by andypugh
JR1050 wrote:

GOT iT. I was trying to run this from the usr/bin ect directory.When I put it in the home folder with the other machine specific fiies and ran "sudo comp buttonlogic.comp",it ran.
DUHHHH

Good job you found that, I doubt we would ever have guessed that it was a rights problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2012 04:23 #17412 by JR1050
I appear to be stuck again.I have no problem preprocessing my code to a .c file.When I attemp to run comp --install I get the following:

jr1050@jr1050-desktop:/usr/realtime-2.6.32-122-rtai/modules/emc2$ sudo comp --install buttonlogic.c
make -C /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-122-rtai SUBDIRS=`pwd` CC=gcc V=0 -o /Module.symvers modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-122-rtai'
CC [M] /tmp/tmp9VDHL7/buttonlogic.o
buttonlogic.comp: In function ‘_’:
buttonlogic.comp:101: error: invalid storage class for function ‘get_data_size’
buttonlogic.comp:101: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code
buttonlogic.comp:101: error: expected declaration or statement at end of input
make[2]: *** [/tmp/tmp9VDHL7/buttonlogic.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/tmp/tmp9VDHL7] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-122-rtai'
make: *** [modules] Error 2

Thisi appears to be a an error in the .c file that the pre processor ran.I attahced the .c file any suggestions?Thanks....its late.

File Attachment:

File Name: buttonlogic.c
File Size:10 KB
Attachments:

More
05 Feb 2012 10:01 #17426 by ArcEye
Hi

Your curly brackets are all over the place, most of them are not needed and some are before conditional if() statements which is wrong

If you use the indenting style in the attached amended version, it is much easier to match them up correctly.
It now compiles fine on my system with comp --compile buttonlogic.c

comp processes the .comp file and outputs a C file, but it does not test it at all, so you don't get C errors until you run it through gcc.

regards

File Attachment:

File Name: buttonlogi...76b7cd.c
File Size:10 KB
Attachments:

More
05 Feb 2012 13:29 #17430 by andypugh
JR1050 wrote:

buttonlogic.comp:101: error: invalid storage class for function ‘get_data_size’

What is on line 101 of the C?

I suspect that your use of all-caps for pin names might cause problems. I would not be at all surprised to find that MDI_MODE is being macro-substituted at compile-time into quite a different string.
C-convention is that all-caps words are macros. Also the LinuxCNC standard for pin names is all lower case and hyphens rather than underscores. (it is not a well adhered-to standard)

I suspect that one order of your pin names are #defined in one of you #includes. In some IDEs you can right -click to find the definition to check.

More
07 Feb 2012 00:24 #17476 by JR1050
Thank for your help!!!As I said,this is my first go at full blown C programming.Might as well jump in with both feet,no pain no gain!!With all of that being said,I have a few questions concerning the passing of values through the pins and the names that can be used in a comp file.

This is a piece of my hal file.It works.The button changes state when pushed.

net PB_CYL_START hm2_5i20.0.gpio.049.in_not

I have also assigned the modes of operation to the following names

net AUTO_MODE halui.mode.is-auto
net MDI_MODE halui.mode.is-mdi
net MAN_MODE halui.mode.is-manual
net PROG_RUN_OK halui.program.run
net PROG_RESUME halui.program.resume
net FEED_HOLD halui.program.pause

In the declaretion section of my first comp file(which at this time is named buttonlogic.comp)which is the logic for that pushbutton,I have this..

pin in bit PB_CYL_START;

And in the same file I am attempting to use the bit like so

if(((PB_CYL_START)==1)&&((AUTO_MODE)==1||(MDI_MODE)==1))
RUN_PROGRAM=1;

I have seen some example comp files that attached an extra name at the end of the pin in a fashion like this.

net PB_CYL_START hm2_5i20.0.gpio.049.in_not=pbclystart.buttonlogic

Can I use the original name that is in my hal file ,that is actually attached to the physical pins as I already have or must I follow the convention above and add a second name for the comp file.I plan on elimenateing all the uppercase and underscores.Would I be correct in guessing if the second name is needed it must be followed by .name of the comp file?Thanks again.

More
07 Feb 2012 07:25 #17478 by andypugh
JR1050 wrote:

net AUTO_MODE halui.mode.is-auto

This might not be doing what you want. This creates a HAL "signal" called AUTO_MODE, but that is not the same as the AUTO_MODE "pin" that is created by your .comp component, which is called buttonlogic.0.AUTO_MODE.

In the declaretion section of my first comp file(which at this time is named buttonlogic.comp)which is the logic for that pushbutton,I have this..
pin in bit PB_CYL_START;

This will create a HAL "pin" called buttonlogic.0.PB_CYL_START, to use that in your HAL file you will need something like:

net pb_cyl_start_signal buttonlogic.0.PB_CYL_START <= hm2_5i20.gpio.049.in_not
This creates a HAL "signal" called pb_cyl_start_signal (you can use any name you like) which follows the value of the output pin to which it is assigned (hm2_5i20.gpio......) and writes that value to any input pin to which it shares a "net" command, in this case buttonlogic.0.PB_CYL_START.

And in the same file I am attempting to use the bit like so
if(((PB_CYL_START)==1)&&((AUTO_MODE)==1||(MDI_MODE)==1))
RUN_PROGRAM=1;

I am confused when you say "in the same file". The line above is C / .comp syntax, but "net" commands are HAL file syntax.
I think that the logic above belongs in your .comp file, and the HAL file should just be "net"-ing the RUN_PROGRAM HAL pin to a physical output pin.
You _can_ do that sort of logic in HAL, but that involves netting together a bunch of and2 and or2 HAL components (which are written in .comp)

Incidentally, that line would work just as well as:
if (PB_CYL_START && (AUTO_MODE || MDI_MODE )) RUN_PROGRAM=1;
In fact this is better, as "TRUE" parport pins in HAL simply have a non-zero value, not necessarily 1. (hm2 gpio pins are always 1 == true, though)

More
07 Feb 2012 13:59 #17485 by JR1050
Thank you again for your help and quick response.I didnt mean to confuse you(or anyone else for that matter).There are no C statements in my hal file,and no net commands in my comp file.Im learning the syntax of C as I go from a couple of books and various web sites,trial by fire.There are missing pieces(or just plain hard to find) in the manual.
Id say the manual needs a section that says "pin in bit blah_blah" will create a signal(name?) in your .comp file called "0.blah_blah' and to make this name actually do something it has to be tied to a real pin(name,signal?) like so ,net but_blah mycompfileblah.0.blah_blah=hm2_5i20.gpio.049.in_not in your .hal file.

Again,a huge thanks for your help,hopefully I understand this correctly,Im sure Ill have a few more before its all over...

More
07 Feb 2012 14:13 #17486 by BigJohnT
The comp chapter does seem to be missing any description for pin and param and skips right to pin direction...

I'll work on that.

John

More
12 Feb 2012 00:29 #17614 by JR1050
After a couple days of playing with comp.I can get my files to install/compile,but I get this

jr1050@jr1050-desktop:/usr/realtime-2.6.32-122-rtai/modules/emc2$ sudo comp --install coolant.comp
[sudo] password for jr1050:
make -C /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-122-rtai SUBDIRS=`pwd` CC=gcc V=0 -o /Module.symvers modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-122-rtai'
CC [M] /tmp/tmp0lP5aI/coolant.o
Building modules, stage 2.
MODPOST 1 modules
WARNING: "hal_init" [/tmp/tmp0lP5aI/coolant.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "rtapi_print_msg" [/tmp/tmp0lP5aI/coolant.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "hal_exit" [/tmp/tmp0lP5aI/coolant.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "hal_export_funct" [/tmp/tmp0lP5aI/coolant.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "hal_malloc" [/tmp/tmp0lP5aI/coolant.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "hal_pin_bit_newf" [/tmp/tmp0lP5aI/coolant.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "rtapi_snprintf" [/tmp/tmp0lP5aI/coolant.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "hal_ready" [/tmp/tmp0lP5aI/coolant.ko] undefined!
CC /tmp/tmp0lP5aI/coolant.mod.o
LD [M] /tmp/tmp0lP5aI/coolant.ko
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-122-rtai'
cp coolant.ko /usr/realtime-2.6.32-122-rtai/modules/emc2/

I do have a coolant .ko file and the pins show in hal show.My inputs show change of state(when the coolant button is pushed,coolant.0.pb_cool_on go high),but I have no change to my output bit,so consequently, have actual output to the machine.

Below is the small file i am trying to run
component coolant;

pin in bit pb_cool_on;

pin out bit cl_idod_clnt;

variable bool run_program;
variable bool cs_coolant_on;
variable bool cs_coolant_off;
variable bool collet_clsd;
variable bool collet_opn;

function _ nofp;
license "gpl";
;;

FUNCTION(_)
{

//coolant on button///

if((pb_cool_on)==1)
{
cl_idod_clnt=1;
cs_coolant_on=1;
}
}

Here is my hal file.

File Attachment:

File Name: hnc2072012.hal
File Size:13 KB

are the errors that are showing up at install time causing my output not to function or am I missing something else?Thanks as always...
Attachments:

More
12 Feb 2012 00:46 #17615 by andypugh
JR1050 wrote:

are the errors that are showing up at install time causing my output not to function or am I missing something else?

Probably not, they seem to always appear.

It looks like it ought to work. Are you not seeing the pin change on the Mesa card, or isn't it changing in HAL either?

I doubt this is the problem, but use

if(pb_cool_on)

rather than

if((pb_cool_on)==1)

As there is no guarantee that a "true" bit value is 1, it is merely any non-zero value.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds