Can I use a C shell script for my PLC stuff?

More
11 Mar 2012 01:19 #18520 by JR1050
Replied by JR1050 on topic Short video
For those interested.The video was done with my phone(which has 600 million times the computing power of the GE1050 on my mill...),so it is what it is.Still working on the machine,needs m codes and the spindle drive tuned better....

sorry about my noisy compressor,It gonna live outside in the next couple weeks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2012 14:09 #18650 by JR1050
Replied by JR1050 on topic Turret question for Big John
Big John,

You seem to have fought the chnc turret woes,so,maybe you can shed some light on a new gremlin.I had my HNC turret indexing reliably until the other day.It has developed a constant air leak on the stop cushon plug on the right side of the x axis.Strangely enough it will index to any tool except 2,it stops on 6 or 8 when t2 is called,if called from t1 or t8 ,it will index to t2.One out of six times it will land on tool 2 from any commanded tool.I beleive my logic is sound,as I can track what is happening thru halshow and it lands on every other tool every time.I beleive this is a machine side problem.
The machine is 35 years old and I suspect that every seal in it is probably shot.On your chnc,does air leak from the stop cushon constantly?Do you have any insight into what might need attention or should I go the shotgun approach and clean/replace all seals orings ect in all of the valves?Thanks for your insight.

More
19 Mar 2012 14:19 #18651 by cncbasher
check the bearings and thrust washers , the turret tilts due to the weight of tools and the bearings and thrustwashers wear
and of course the seals , i found a big improvement once i'd looked at the bearings , it seats and turns everytime now .

More
19 Mar 2012 14:25 #18652 by JR1050
mine seats and turns everytime,it just wont land on tool 2 consistently and it leaks.I removed all the tool from the turret thinking it might have been unbalanced(i had an Ikegai that would not tolerate the turret unbalanaced).What seals gave you issues?

More
19 Mar 2012 15:12 #18653 by BigJohnT
JR1050 wrote:

Big John,

You seem to have fought the chnc turret woes,so,maybe you can shed some light on a new gremlin.I had my HNC turret indexing reliably until the other day.It has developed a constant air leak on the stop cushon plug on the right side of the x axis.Strangely enough it will index to any tool except 2,it stops on 6 or 8 when t2 is called,if called from t1 or t8 ,it will index to t2.One out of six times it will land on tool 2 from any commanded tool.I beleive my logic is sound,as I can track what is happening thru halshow and it lands on every other tool every time.I beleive this is a machine side problem.
The machine is 35 years old and I suspect that every seal in it is probably shot.On your chnc,does air leak from the stop cushon constantly?Do you have any insight into what might need attention or should I go the shotgun approach and clean/replace all seals orings ect in all of the valves?Thanks for your insight.

When I converted my CHNC I replaced all the seals in the turret. Here is the thread on that. My CHNC leaks air from two places, the collet closer and the turret stop. It's so bad when the collet is open that I disconnect the hose from the closer unless it is a quick part change. My oiler does not work at all or well and the first tool change of the day misses every time... after that it never misses. Because this turret is based on time any stickiness will drive you nuts.

John

More
21 Mar 2012 23:07 #18690 by robh
air will always leak form the cushon due to its design, its one pain in but things about hardinge 1980-1990 machines. they did love there air stuff

some times the small clip in the cushon can come loose.. this can give problems with catching positions. as will go out too far etc..

also, might help if you put the magenet more advanced,. so you see the tool position early.. so delay on firing in the cushon is taken caroff
have ot watch it might put some tool places out of position.. but its one trick i did on 2 machines on there turrets.. helps alot..

also air presure makes a huge diff, so make sure you have a good size regulator onthe supply in so you can keep it nice and set..
like john says, any water in the line plays games the next day too.. o how we all love air logic :)

hope helps in some ways...
rob

More
23 Mar 2012 14:59 #18744 by JR1050
Replied by JR1050 on topic Turrets and Coolant
Thanks to Rob for his input.Ive spent more time then I can account for trying to get the turret to land on the commanded tool,the encoder shaft has a bunch of lash in it and its enough to throw the encoder off with the magnet advanced.I let the turret over shoot and watch for the tool before the called tool,then fire the stop.It works well except for an interminent problem with tool 2,which will only land consistently from t1 or t8.For some weird reason,emc is firing the stop early and inconsistently.I will figure it out....

Next snafu,I have an external coolant button.Until I added the io coolant on pin in hal and or'd it in a comp file(shown below),it worked.The coolant works from mdi and the manual check box,but I cannot turn off the coolant(or on) with the button when its been called with M8.I cant actually get to the command in emc for the coolant.The button is momentary and is basicly setting or reacting to a state.

if((pb_cool_on)==1||(auto_cool_on)==1&&(cl_idod_on)=0)
{
cl_idod_on=1;
}
else
if((pb_cool_on)==1&&(cl_idod_on)=1)
{
cl_idod_on=0;
}

Do the halui coolant pins actually control the coolant?I saw in another post a pin named motion.coolant-flood,but i cant find it in the documentation.Suggestions?

More
23 Mar 2012 17:04 #18745 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Turrets and Coolant
I have a PyVCP coolant button that works fine with M8/9 but it is done in the conventional way with HAL so it won't do you much good I'm afraid... anyway just letting you know that it works fine.

John

More
23 Mar 2012 17:33 - 23 Mar 2012 17:38 #18746 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Re:Turrets and Coolant
Hi

These are the 2 ways of using coolant that I know of

linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gui_halui.html

(two pins are boolean state indicators and one actually turns on /off so far as I am aware)

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/html/man/man1/iocontrol.1.html

and motion does not list it

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/html/man/man9/motion.9.html

Maybe it was a not very cleverly named signal you saw?

regards
Last edit: 23 Mar 2012 17:38 by ArcEye.

More
24 Mar 2012 00:33 #18748 by JR1050
After messing around with my comp file for an hour,I have the code that will allow an external actual switch,button to control the coolant in any mode.It works like F8.It will over ride m8 and m9 and vice versa along with F8 and the check box.Im share'n it,you all helped me!!!

File Attachment:

File Name: coolant.comp
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds