Standard-modern 1700 series retrofit

More
20 Oct 2023 23:07 #283396 by tommylight
Another machine saved from the scrap yard! :)
Nice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trav328

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2023 23:55 #283397 by Trav328
The iron was in too good of shape under all the storage grime , i couldent let it go to be chopped up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
20 Oct 2023 23:59 #283399 by Trav328
Do you happen to have an example of g2/g3 in a lathe program ? I have tried every combo I can output in my ancient mastercam but I'm always getting the "radius to end of arc differs from radius to start" error

Might make my post modification easier if i can see an example.

More
21 Oct 2023 23:36 #283464 by Trav328
Got my mastercam post sorted out , was trying to cut rads in diameter mode.

Broke in the retrofit on some 2.5" 4140 for a auger shaft , im in love with this machine.

Attachments:

More
22 Oct 2023 00:22 #283466 by tommylight

Do you happen to have an example of g2/g3 in a lathe program ?

If this was addressed at me, no i do not have anything yet, last i was working on my Mazak i was trying to find the working config as i changed the PC (gave it to a friend), and having over 20 USB stick around the shop does not help. Luckily that pushed me over so i now have a very good DIY NAS.

.... im in love with this machine.

Is it mutual? :)

More
22 Oct 2023 00:28 #283468 by Trav328
I don't know , she doesn't talk much . I have to setup samba , or some type of nas ,back and forth with the USB is going to get old fast.

Is yours setup for access from windows and linux ?

More
22 Oct 2023 00:58 #283473 by tommylight

Is yours setup for access from windows and linux ?

What is this "windows" you ask about? Is it something you spread on a toast in the morning? :)
I can not recall what movie that was over 30 years ago, those questions above.
-
I have parted ways with Windows a loooong time ago, but lately fixed some old laptops so had to use Win95 and Win98, otherwise Linux all, and NFS for shares. Thinking of switching to 10GB networking but the prices here are still way out of reach, 390 Euro for a single PCI-E to 10GB, for all the PC's i use daily it would cost over 3K. And as is it gets the job done for what i need magnificently.
If you do go this route and need help with automatic mounting at boot, let me know, i will gladly share contents of /etc/fstab , this was a pain to find proper info on the net about. Takes about 30 seconds ... after 2 wasted hours of search<<<how do you do the "angry" smiley on the keyboard? :)

More
08 Nov 2023 03:59 #284836 by Trav328
Got my mastercam post setup to do everything I need , cut some tapered npt threads in some sch80 1" titanium pipe , more impressed with every job I do. Now it's time for some cleanup and maybe a paint job. I added my post to the mastercam section of the site of anyone is in need or wants to use it for reference.

Attachments:

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds