Question about custom BOB for a 7i92

More
04 May 2023 18:29 #270659 by blazini36
The pinout I uploaded was for the initial run of PCBs that I have on hand, I have to test that setup.

The inmux stuff is for a possible 2nd revision but it probably wouldn't be a good idea to run a 2nd revision without testing the first.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2023 18:52 #270663 by blazini36
This is the same pinout I posted before, it just changes the one spi address line to the frame pin as you suggested.  

File Attachment:

File Name: 7i92_BoB_p...r1.0.txt
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:

More
04 May 2023 19:42 #270667 by PCW

File Attachment:

File Name: 7i92_blazini1.zip
File Size:110 KB

I do hope your A-D SPI device can work without receiving SPI commands
Attachments:

More
04 May 2023 20:05 #270669 by blazini36
Thanks.

Using 4x ADC101S021, they don't have a data input.

Tried to pick something as basic as possible for the onboard analog inputs since they won't work anyway unless my friend delivers a component.

I can at least start configuring a hal file and all the rest for the stuff that should just work.

More
04 May 2023 20:31 #270670 by blazini36
Just out of curiosity, is it possible to order the 7i92TH without the IDC headers installed?

Desoldering the pins connected to planes is kind of tough since there's no thermal relief

Attachments:

More
05 May 2023 02:30 #270692 by PCW
Its possible the next time we build them

More
09 May 2023 06:59 #270993 by blazini36
I just got a BoB assembled and went to flash the new firmware and realized it's for a Xilinx. This is a new Trion 7i92t so it's failing on mesaflash. Any chance I can get the Trion version?

I don't suppose the hm2 sources are still available? It looks like LinuxCNC archived the repo, I didn't see any 7i92 in there anyway. Looks like Eyefinity has a free license so I wouldn't mind taking a crack at it if I can figure it out. I've done it several times on a hm2 Altera port in MK but I think MK dumbed that whole thing down a bit, or maybe Quartus is just super easy to figure out.

More
09 May 2023 17:01 #271040 by PCW
Here's a test config:

File Attachment:

File Name: 7i92t_blazini1.zip
File Size:274 KB

Attachments:

More
19 May 2023 06:08 #271652 by blazini36
PCW, do you know of any documentation or hal examples for bspi?

All I found was some talk here and there about the 7i65. I'm trying to see if without having a hal component available yet if there is some way to verify that the 7i92 is grabbing data from the ADCs and maybe mess with the CS pins. Not sure if Andy is looking at this thread but it would be good to have some kind of guidance for my friend who is planning on writing the component.

Right now all I have is this in my hal file. I can't figure out what functions need to be added or if the functions are exposed by the component rather than the bspi driver. The BSPI pins do show up in the terminal when loading but that's about all I can see
loadrt [KINS]KINEMATICS
loadrt [EMCMOT]EMCMOT servo_period_nsec=[EMCMOT]SERVO_PERIOD num_joints=[KINS]JOINTS
loadrt hostmot2
loadrt hm2_eth board_ip="10.10.10.10" config="num_encoders=0 num_pwmgens=2 num_stepgens=6 num_bspis=1"
setp    hm2_7i92.0.pwmgen.pwm_frequency 1000
setp    hm2_7i92.0.pwmgen.pdm_frequency 6000000
setp    hm2_7i92.0.watchdog.timeout_ns 5000000
loadrt pid names=pid.x,pid.y,pid.z,pid.a,pid.b

addf hm2_7i92.0.read          servo-thread
addf motion-command-handler   servo-thread
addf motion-controller        servo-thread
addf pid.x.do-pid-calcs       servo-thread
addf pid.y.do-pid-calcs       servo-thread
addf pid.z.do-pid-calcs       servo-thread
addf pid.a.do-pid-calcs       servo-thread
addf pid.b.do-pid-calcs       servo-thread
addf hm2_7i92.0.write         servo-thread
setp hm2_7i92.0.dpll.01.timer-us -50
setp hm2_7i92.0.stepgen.timer-number 1

Also, I came across this when I was looking for info:

hm2_<BoardType>.<BoardNum>.read_gpioRead the GPIO input pins. Note that the effect of this function is a subset of the effect of the .read() function described above. Normally only .read() is used. The only reason to call this function is if you want to do GPIO things in a faster-than-servo thread. (This function is not available on the 7i43 due to limitations of the EPP bus.)

I have a different machine that could benefit from being able to read an input pin and less importantly write an output pin as fast as possible running a 7i96. Would this actually be useful? I'd assume this has to exist in a faster thread than the servo, like a base thread?

More
19 May 2023 07:23 #271654 by blazini36
Another question for you PCW, if you're inclined to oblige....

The line driver I'm using for general outputs has a 400ma or so safe limit but no built in current protection.  I'd be inclined to use PTCs or something but I can't find anything practical for ~30v @ 400ma......any suggestions?

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.749 seconds