Hitachi Seiki VM-40 Retrofit

More
16 Jan 2014 07:49 #42857 by davo727
What are all the boards and modules on the panel?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2014 10:24 - 16 Jan 2014 10:31 #42862 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Hitachi Seiki VM-40 Retrofit
12vdc and 24vdc power supplies, distribution boards with thermo reset fuses and fused terminal blocks and 4, 4 relay boards.

A 7i77 board and getting 7i84 board tomorrow.

I added a 120VAC relay to send dc voltage through it then to The dc distribution boards cause when I shut power off on the power supplies relays on the power supply fired and because dc power was not being discharged from the caps the 7i77 received spikes. So now when I shut ac power dc gets cut off with no spikes.
Last edit: 16 Jan 2014 10:31 by bevins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: davo727

More
17 Jan 2014 11:44 - 17 Jan 2014 20:41 #42902 by bevins
7i84 installed and wiring completed except the comms.

Panel is basically completed. Going to mount the panel, and start on the control panel

Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Jan 2014 20:41 by bevins.

More
17 Jan 2014 21:37 #42916 by tenaja
Replied by tenaja on topic Hitachi Seiki VM-40 Retrofit
That has got to be one of the neatest wiring jobs I have seen.

(But I cringe as I hope--for your sake--you have service loops inside your wire channels. I can speak from experience when I say that it the wire that always breaks seems to always be the shortest wire with no service loop.)

More
18 Jan 2014 06:04 - 18 Jan 2014 06:05 #42943 by bevins

That has got to be one of the neatest wiring jobs I have seen.

(But I cringe as I hope--for your sake--you have service loops inside your wire channels. I can speak from experience when I say that it the wire that always breaks seems to always be the shortest wire with no service loop.)

THANKS,

hehe, Yeah I know what you mean. I have been down that road before. There is loops inside the panduit.I think I used too small of panduit. The loops take up alot of room, but there was not enough real estate on the board with what I wanted to use. It is ok though, when everything is wired, the panduit will be at about 95% full.

I may run out of inputs, they go real fast. I have already used up 16 on the 7i77 and have not yet got to motion type inputs. I still have 16 on the 7i77 and 32 on the 7i84. I may be short on realys also. I only have 32 total. 10 is reserved for tool changer and I have used 9 already and have allotted out of that 9 for Drive enables. Anyway, I am working through that now.

Still haven't decided how I want to revamp the control.
Last edit: 18 Jan 2014 06:05 by bevins.

More
18 Jan 2014 11:05 #42953 by jonesturf
As previously noted, nice wiring. Wish I hadn't seen it though. You just added to my OCD and hours (days?) to my upcoming rebuild. Interesting project. Thanks for posting.

More
18 Jan 2014 11:21 #42955 by andypugh
If you want OCD, consider cable lacing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_lacing

Rework is cut and re-lace, but it does look nice.

It makes no sense at all to use it in a CNC machine, that would be silly,
picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/NivmHU8OuX...pFm0?feat=directlink

More
18 Jan 2014 14:07 #42958 by bevins

If you want OCD, consider cable lacing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_lacing

Rework is cut and re-lace, but it does look nice.

It makes no sense at all to use it in a CNC machine, that would be silly,
picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/NivmHU8OuX...pFm0?feat=directlink

Yeah lacing looks nice but a whole lot a work. I remember working on sonar cabinets. All laced wiring. Really neat job but tough tracing wires and troubleshooting. I could never get it back the way it was....lol

More
29 Jan 2014 11:09 #43287 by bevins
Am inthe middle of cutting cables, tracing wires and connecting to LinuxCNC control.

More
19 Feb 2014 23:01 - 19 Feb 2014 23:07 #43978 by bevins
A little update. The panel is installed and started wiring into the existing controls.
Have done alot of wiring and installed PLC relays off of the 7i84. All relays and inputs are working.
Have completed alot of the wiring. Still some clean up to do.

I now have linuxcnc installed and the monitor installed in the operators panel. Still have to fabricate the button panel, which will go above the monitor
as you can see in the pic.

Not quite sure the final layout of the button panel will be.

All limit switches are installed and limit switches for the axis are programmed and working. Enabling the axis's works,
However I am working on one at a time and just last night I got the Y up and acting sane.

This machine uses alot of 24V NPN prox switches. These have been powered connected and tested.
The automatic tool changer use most of these prox switches. It has a coarse two sensor encoder and no index. Dont know how they did that, but I added a
12v NPN prox sensor as an index so when time comes to setup the ATC, it should work.

Could not have done it without the guys on IRC. Many thanks so far for help PCW, JT and tjtr33. They have been an invaluable help and
I cannot thank them enough. Many people have helped and contributed, Skunk, Pete, Archivist

Still a long road to travel, as I am struggling trying to come up to speed with the HAL and configurations and how things all fit together.

servo's tach's and encoders are all working.

I have to transfer yet the X and Z axis. Need to get startup logic done also.

I am happy with the result so far. Still much ahead. Thanks again guys!!!!
Last edit: 19 Feb 2014 23:07 by bevins.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds