Hitachi Seiki VM-40 Retrofit

More
31 Mar 2014 20:31 #45461 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Hitachi Seiki VM-40 Retrofit

Speed was set in Gcode, and I also tried with axis. I checked the vcmd out of 7i77 with voltmeter it was +10vdc
I know its an analog signal, but I dont have a scope in my shop.

It is vaguely possible that +10V is an error condition. Can you select a speed that gives +5V?

Actually, I only asked 2000 RPM, so it should not have been 10V, should have been more like 2.1v or something like that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2014 07:49 #45476 by bevins
OK, I got my scale fixed up. variable 0-10v going out to spindle, and the spindle don't turn.

I don't know whats wrong. I'm going to take the cable out and ring it out and make sure it is ok.

There is a possibility that something is defective, but usually it would show on the diagnostic lcd panel.

More
02 Apr 2014 07:05 #45492 by bevins
Ok, got the spindle drive figured out and it is spinning like it should.

More
02 Apr 2014 18:52 #45498 by andypugh

Can you describe the problem and the solution for the next person to come along with the same drive?

More
02 Apr 2014 20:10 #45502 by bevins

Can you describe the problem and the solution for the next person to come along with the same drive?

Sure,

There are 5 inputs and 1 E-STOP with this Fanuc Spindle drive. A06B-6044-H103.

As shown in the attached schematics:

All use gnd as input.

You need 4 inputs to place the drive in a mode to receive analog input (VCMD) from mesa 7i77 card.
Estop has to be closed,
ToolUnclamp has to be close. The drive will take care of disabling the spindle from turning.
SP Forward or SP Reverse has to be closed. Tells drive which direction to turn the spindle.
Low Gear needs to be closed also. Even though this spindle has only one gear the drive is looking for this signal. Contrary to what the docs were saying with a one gear spindle, you need this signal.
Orientation - You need this input when you are doing a tool change.

I haven't got the reverse spindle to happen yet. Pete said I will have to use ABS comp cause I told him that the drive needs 0-10v forward and 0-10v reverse.
The docs shows it that way and on a few other pages it shows -10 to +10 V, so I haven't figured this out yet. Will work on this in the next few days.

I tested and adjusted the orientation and all i need to do is close the orientation input to gnd, and the drive slows the spindle and stops it in the correct position
to perform a tool change.

Also you get 5 dry contact outputs for alarm, orientation completed, spindle speed signals.

I will need to know when the orientation is finished when doing a tool change.

Also, I have a physical rpm meter and load meter that is working also. This is an analog out signal.

There is the possibility to use an external speed override pot as you can see in the drawings.... OVR1 and OVR2. I will not need it as I will use the axis slider for that.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: hoangminh88

More
11 Oct 2022 11:18 #253953 by hoangminh88
I just bought VM-40, hope you release retrofit guide. Thanks!

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds