Hitachi Seiki VM-40 Retrofit

More
17 Mar 2014 20:59 #44916 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Hitachi Seiki VM-40 Retrofit
X and Y axis is working and jogging. Button Control panel is working for the most part.

Next on the list is getting the mpg working. I am having an issue in that there is a difference in ground potential of 1.9v between the field power of 12vdc on the 7i77 and the ground of the 5v power supply, so I am holding off on connecting
until I get this fixed.

Still have to tune the X and Y properly. But is moving rapids of 500 ipm is the fastest i got it up to.

Will add some pics and videos in a few days.

Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2014 22:07 - 17 Mar 2014 22:08 #44920 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Hitachi Seiki VM-40 Retrofit
If you have 1.9V between 5V ground and Field I/O common it may be that they are not connected anywhere.
The field I/O section is completely isolated from PC 5V/GND so unless you make a common GND connection,
the field I/O will float relative to PC 5V (PC 5V common is frame ground)

So possible options are:

1. Connect the grounds together
2. Use a little 5V switching power supply running from field power to supply 5V to the MPG
Last edit: 17 Mar 2014 22:08 by PCW.

More
17 Mar 2014 22:16 #44921 by bevins

If you have 1.9V between 5V ground and Field I/O common it may be that they are not connected anywhere.
The field I/O section is completely isolated from PC 5V/GND so unless you make a common GND connection,
the field I/O will float relative to PC 5V (PC 5V common is frame ground)

So possible options are:

1. Connect the grounds together
2. Use a little 5V switching power supply running from field power to supply 5V to the MPG

I hesitated to connect them because....
The power of the machine is coming from a transformer 600V to 220 3 ph. The machine does not have 120v transformer, so I am using 120vac from a different panel for my mesa cards and low voltage switching, computer etc.... I am using an existing 5v PS from the machine to power the 7i77, so I was thinking this was the issue and was going to get a 5v power supply off the 120 for the 7i77 and mpg. If your saying this is a normal floating voltage, i can try connecting the grounds and see what it gives.

You've been very helpful as allways,

Regards,

Bob

More
25 Mar 2014 10:32 #45217 by bevins
The mpg is connected and working good.

I have all the axis moving now. Works with the mpg and the button panel is working.

I was having an issue with when I power off or hit E-stop the Z was dropping. I purchased a delay on break relay and set it to .1 seconds and the z no longer drops.
The servo was being disabled at the same time as applying brake on the Z and the brake didn't have time to engage so the Z dropped .25 of an inch. The relay fixed this issue.

Next is tuning the servo's then on to the spindle. after the tool changer. All the hydraulics are working and each part of the tool changer is working with outputs on the mesa cards.
All the prox sensors are working and I installed an index on the turret.

More
26 Mar 2014 19:42 #45279 by bevins
I got the servos tuned and running good now.

I ran some gcode on it last night and it ran really smooth.

More
27 Mar 2014 07:02 #45294 by andypugh
Great!

More
31 Mar 2014 09:07 #45444 by bevins
everything sofar is working. All three axis, buttons, gcode, homing limit switches.

Now it is spindle time...... oops. spindle doesn't want to turn.

It is an AC servo drive. I got all the right signals and it just doesnt want to work. There are no errors. when I enable it I can hear the contactor energize, nothing else happens.

I do see LinuxCNC leading edge pulse in Halscope with motion.spindle-forward.

Fanuc A06B-1003 B300 servo and B53425E aAC servo drive. I have the maintenance manual but Fanuc would not sell me the install wiring manual. So I am stuck trying to figure out how to wire it.
I do have the schematics from the machine, and it is wired exactly like it shows in the schematics.

This is the first real road block. I'll regroup and call Fanuc again and see if I can get anything out of them.

More
31 Mar 2014 20:11 #45457 by andypugh

I do see LinuxCNC leading edge pulse in Halscope with motion.spindle-forward..

Are you setting a speed? Is that speed setting a comand voltage at the drive?

More
31 Mar 2014 20:15 #45458 by bevins

I do see LinuxCNC leading edge pulse in Halscope with motion.spindle-forward..

Are you setting a speed? Is that speed setting a comand voltage at the drive?

Speed was set in Gcode, and I also tried with axis. I checked the vcmd out of 7i77 with voltmeter it was +10vdc
I know its an analog signal, but I dont have a scope in my shop.

More
31 Mar 2014 20:21 #45460 by andypugh

Speed was set in Gcode, and I also tried with axis. I checked the vcmd out of 7i77 with voltmeter it was +10vdc
I know its an analog signal, but I dont have a scope in my shop.

It is vaguely possible that +10V is an error condition. Can you select a speed that gives +5V?

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds