Another Biesse Rover 322

More
03 Nov 2021 17:32 - 03 Nov 2021 17:41 #225122 by ehb
Replied by ehb on topic Another Biesse Rover 322
Back from the shop with news!

Despite having the RT480, the machine has those rs485 modules if I'm not mistaken. I have located all of them (numbered 0 to 10, with 9 missing in schematics as well). Several pictures attached.
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Nov 2021 17:41 by ehb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2021 17:40 #225124 by ehb
While locating all the modules in the machine, I verified the schematics I have. They're all spot on, which is great. I'll scan them, but I probably shouldn't upload them, for like, copyright issues?

The milling spindles do seem identical and I have a 90° milling aggregate too. Will have to check the schematics, but I bet the VFD drives both.

Unfortunately both the lower and upper guards of the Z spindle have been broken for a long time. Hope the mechanical damage isn't too bad.

Attachments:

More
03 Nov 2021 19:49 - 03 Nov 2021 21:30 #225138 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Another Biesse Rover 322
OK well, no biggie. Just little bit more work.
You have 4 choices then.
1. Use mesa card with higher output to drive the solenoids directly. Should check the specs first though.
2. build your own board with mosfets to drive the solenoids and contactors.
3. Use regular mesa output boards and ad a physical relay for each output you need.
4. Use the existing rs485 relay modules and modify them to use with mesa board. This entails cutting the pcb traces for the coils and solder wires on them and drive them with mesa outputs.

So with the spindles and aggregates, you will just have to select the correct output from the vfd to route the power to the correct spindle. 

Here is a tip that will help you with your journey. Create a spreadsheet with these fields: 
Wire#  Description  input output  mesa-card address tested-OK

I'll see if I can find some spreadsheets that I did during some of the Biesse's I converted and upload them.

Then go through every module and fill out the spreadsheet leaving out the mesa card and address at this time. Go through every wire# input and output and find out what it is from the schematics and fill out the spreadsheet. Biesse has sheets for each module and lists wire# and what it is and where the module is located.

This will help during the process a great deal. Then start studying the schematics.

If you need help send me a pdf of the schematics once you scan them.

You can send them to     

The Biesse schematics are amazing and so easy once you figure them out. 

Last edit: 03 Nov 2021 21:30 by bevins.

More
03 Nov 2021 19:59 #225141 by bevins
Here are ones I did for a Biesse Rover 20.  they are excel spreadsheets. Change pdf extensions to  .xlsx.

They wont open if you try with a pdf reader.
Attachments:

More
03 Nov 2021 20:01 #225142 by bevins
One of them is just entering data in from machine and schematics.
The other is adding mesa addressing and how they are connected.

More
03 Nov 2021 20:15 #225146 by bevins
I see you have the Yaskawa CACR Servo Packs, so your motors are probably Yaskawa AC servo's.
The limit switches on the machine goes directly into the drives. and if you hit them you will get POT or PON on the CACR drive and you can just jog off. The home switches go into input modules though. The encoders go into the drives but the drives have encoder outputs that will wire into the 7i77   on the encoder input connectors. 

More
03 Nov 2021 20:18 #225148 by ehb
Thanks - bit of a bummer, but as you say, just a little bit more work.

I just finished scanning the schematics. Module 6 was missing, but I found added documents (from 96) in another folder. Just scanned those too.

I was just doing that - creating a spreadsheet of in- and outputs. :) But I'll now use yours as a basis, seems well organized. Thanks!
This may take a moment :) Some descriptions are only in italien, most in german and italian. So I'm doing some translation, hopefully correctly.

More
03 Nov 2021 20:21 #225150 by ehb
Yes, they are Yaskawa CACR-SR02BE12G-E to be exact.

Thanks for the other information, I'll try to keep everything in mind. :)

More
03 Nov 2021 21:32 #225155 by bevins

This may take a moment :) Some descriptions are only in italien, most in german and italian. So I'm doing some translation, hopefully correctly.

If you get stuck, find the devices on the schematics. The schematics show every device in 4 different languages, including ENGLISH

More
04 Nov 2021 10:00 - 04 Nov 2021 10:01 #225220 by ehb
So I've made a spreadsheet with all in- and outputs of the machine: 90 outputs, 72 inputs. That's quite something - still need to ponder which ones I'll definitely not use.

Question regarding solenoid switching: Will have to check the current requirements of the solenoids, but the 7i71 with 300 mA at max. 28 VDC doesn't cut it, right? I'm thinking about making "relais boards" with peak & hold drivers like the TI DRV120 (www.ti.com/product/DRV120) to reduce power consumption and heat in the solenoids.
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Nov 2021 10:01 by ehb.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds