twin headed hydro punch how to cnc

More
01 Feb 2013 07:39 #29409 by jd896
Having just finished clearing out a failed automation system I've been left with six 2.2kw three phase motors and omron v1000 drives I was thinking maybe they could drive the beams on the punch had a quick look and they should wire to Mesa ok I also have all the relays and valves and transformers and everything bar the Mesa hardware now

Main question if the motors cannot react as quick as linuxcnc wants is there anyways round this dwell maybe ?
Or somthing else as I think I mentioned I'm only after around 10 mm per 10 meters accuracy (as in +/- 10)
So would there be a way of letting them catchup if you will

Thanks guys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2013 16:39 #29427 by andypugh

Main question if the motors cannot react as quick as linuxcnc wants

A correctly set-up PID should just cope.

More
01 Feb 2013 21:07 #29441 by BigJohnT

Main question if the motors cannot react as quick as linuxcnc wants

You would have to define the limits in your following error, but like Andy says a properly tuned servo should just keep up within reason.

John

More
02 Apr 2013 04:54 #32170 by jd896
this has changed again as i came across a servo and drive on fleabay at what i thought the right money,

so this i what ive got baldor brushless ac servo with 7.5:1 gearbox and the matching microfelx e100 drive

www.baldor.com/support/Literature/Load.a...I?LitNumber=BR1202-I

and

www.baldor.com/support/Literature/Load.a...E?LitNumber=BR1202-E

the servo is model BSM80C-375as

main question is what to do with the machine ive had these hooked up to the laptop and they drive and respond beautifully and have many methods of being driven via Ethernet from windows or driven like a stepper i think im not sure,

they also take analog inputs but as the encoders go back to the drive and they have no simulated output i think this is an issue as far as closing the loop
from what i can gather from the manual they have Absolute encoders (ssi) so could these be shared with linux cnc / mesa card

or the dilemma do i go with a can open expansion card for the drive and use the windows mint control software?

but i do love the profiler now its on linuxcnc

More
02 Apr 2013 10:13 #32177 by PCW
The Baldor drives use Ethernet Powerlink which has an open source driver available for Linux
so its not inconceivable to eventually control them via real time Ethernet with LinxCNC,
just a fair sized project...

More
04 Apr 2013 03:41 #32246 by jd896
in the manual ive found it can be set to take step and dir input

this would work with a mesa setup would it not ?

nothing against the ethernet route bar my not being able to right a driver and having no knowledge of how too

the manual :-

www.baldor.com/support/Literature/Load.a...942?ManNumber=MN1942

section 5.2.4

More
16 Apr 2013 06:11 #32774 by jd896
For the sub would it be something like

#<base-holes> = 3
#<base-centres> = 50
#<first-hole> = 53
#<distance-to-main> = 509
#<main-centres> = 150
#<number-main-holes> = 26

G0 X#<first-hole>
#<current-x> = #<first-hole>
o103 repeat [#<base-holes>]
M101
#<current-x> = #<current-x> + #<base-centres>
G0 X#<current-x>
o103 endrepeat

#<current-x> = #<distance-to-main> + #<current-x>
G0 x#<current-x>
o103 repeat [#<number-main-centres>]
M101
#<current-x> = #<current-x> + #<main-centres>
G0 X#<current-x>
o103 endrepeat
Go xo
M2
If this is right then would it be something like this
The big issue is this only has one punch set in there and bar using the go too offset I'm not sure how to do it with out running back and fourth

More
30 Jun 2013 19:24 #36173 by jd896
the servo drives i have take a 24 volt pulse and dir input and the interface cards dont genrally have do a 24 volt pulse out so im having to make a converter im not sure i have the right chip but i have been told a UDN2982 should do the trick but how are they wired do the have a 24v supply and then the 5v go to the inputs ? with both of the different voltage ranges sharing a common ground or do i just have the wrong chip for the job?

More
30 Jun 2013 21:21 - 30 Jun 2013 21:28 #36174 by PCW
The UDN2982 (a sourcing driver) should work if the 24V inputs have pulldown resistors, as should the similar UDN2987 that has short circuit protected outputs.
Last edit: 30 Jun 2013 21:28 by PCW.

More
30 Jun 2013 22:29 #36175 by jd896
the drive has octos in there and i think i saw some pulldowns too on the diagram

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds