QCad CAM

More
26 Oct 2013 19:07 - 26 Oct 2013 19:10 #40313 by BigJohnT
QCad CAM was created by BigJohnT
QCad 3 has a CAM option now. It is pretty rough at the moment but might take off if enough people suggest ways to get it up and going.

If your an Inch user you need an inch conversion file attached. It goes in the scripts/Cam/CamConfigurations directory where you installed QCad.

I'm trying atm to convert the GCode.js machine configuration file to be more LinuxCNC friendly. If I get it working I'll attach it.

JT
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Oct 2013 19:10 by BigJohnT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: woyz8888

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2013 21:26 #40317 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic QCad CAM
Ok, here is the LinuxCNC Mill Inch script for QCad. Place in the scripts/Cam/CamConfigurations directory. It still needs some polish but for the most part it will generate G code for a profile.

JT
Attachments:

More
27 Oct 2013 11:34 #40339 by Sterling
Replied by Sterling on topic QCad CAM
Groovy~!

I hope to download it tomorrow and check it out!

More
27 Oct 2013 19:57 #40346 by BigJohnT
The development of the machine configuration is on going and I'm having quite a discussion with one of the developers about the CAM add on. I'll keep posting the machine configuration files as I update them.

JT

More
27 Oct 2013 20:51 #40347 by BigJohnT
Here is the latest machine configuration file.

JT
Attachments:

More
27 Oct 2013 20:59 - 27 Oct 2013 21:00 #40348 by BigJohnT
As an example I created a rectangle with radius corners, then added another layer, then offset the profile by the cutter radius to create the cut path on the new layer. Next I turned off the layer that contains the part profile and generated the G code to cut the profile. This is a good work around until the cutter compensation is done.

JT
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Oct 2013 21:00 by BigJohnT.

More
28 Oct 2013 00:03 #40350 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic QCad CAM
Good thread JT,
I have been doing some playing too.

Attached is a script for a LCNC metric mill, with line numbering completely removed, different option settings that more closely match my Z Axis movement etc

One thing that is puzzling me is the
include("scripts/Cam/CamExport/CamExporter.js"); line

That file does not exist, nor does the directory, but it does not throw any error.
If you comment out that line the CAMExport dialog does not appear when you select export, so it is finding it somewhere.
I assume CamExporter is a library class, so why the include? Don't understand java.

Now just need to do some more complex drawings and load the output into a sim to see if it works as intended

regards

File Attachment:

File Name: QCAM-LCNC-metric.zip
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

More
28 Oct 2013 01:40 #40353 by BigJohnT
I wondered about that script too, but I don't know enough about js to be dumb. For now points do not get exported but they are working on that so drilling will work. For simple stuff and plasma this might be the ticket.

JT

More
28 Oct 2013 01:43 #40355 by emcPT
Replied by emcPT on topic QCad CAM
Can it manage tool radius compensation (without the user making parallel lines)?
I believe that I tested long time ago the CAM version for Windows and I believe that it did not had any option about compensation.

More
28 Oct 2013 17:25 #40361 by BigJohnT
They are working on implementing G41/42 now. In the mean time for simple things it is easy to make an offset line.

JT

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds