C coded dxf to g-code converter, the building process...

More
20 Mar 2019 17:47 #129086 by Grotius
Project update :

Coming day's i try to publish a very basic version.
It's a QT layout based on C++ code for the Qt interface, based on pure C for the formula interfacing.
Old scool super speedy C language.

This version is conversing a dxf into g-code line, circle and arc without offset logic.

The output of one conversion are 3 g-code file's.

1. The pure raw converting file, this is a 1 to 1 dxf convert file into G-code. (read in / write out)
2. The second output file is grouping contours with output m3 and m5. (usefull for retraction, i will try to add the retraction value)
3. Thirth output file is cleaning up double line's that are standard in the dxf file.

So my first publishing is a 3 stage converter. I do publish this because it can be usefull at this moment for many users that want to automate.

I need more time to integrate the OpenGL hufter proof. And i need more time to make a 100% logic for G41 and G42.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2019 07:46 #129449 by pl7i92
you can use the libarea c file of heekscad
it is quite nice to implement
and has so many functions andy did work on it

github.com/danielfalck/libarea/blob/master/kurve/kurve.cpp

there is a full suport for ofset and roll on
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grotius

More
27 Mar 2019 19:50 - 27 Mar 2019 20:05 #129791 by Grotius
@Maximilian,

Thanks for the link.

The main problem at this moment is for a few weeks updating the QT array (1000000+ lines or more) for visual output to
the open GL code.
I added a timer etc in QT. But nothing worked in QT for me. It's a lack of coding for me in C++ and C.
In glut this this working properly. So the idea is to publisch a basic code that works only with pop up screen. Okey fine for now, but not my style.

Later on coming weeks i will publish the basic code. After that a more experienced OpenGL coder can look to add the opengl to it for QT and GTK+
One day i will succeed on my own, but that takes some learning curve. I must think at the periodic table video's of nottingham universaty.
This professor is really a great person, he has made 100+ youtube video's. If you have a lazy sunday, go and look at this professor his father is a russian. So i respect the russian's more and more because of their labaratory's and shared knowledge with the western's.
Last edit: 27 Mar 2019 20:05 by Grotius.

More
28 Mar 2019 07:54 #129825 by pl7i92
woudent be a improve to the alredy integrated DXF2Gcode inside the linuxcnc module be a better thing then standalone sytem
I Know that 99% of CNC people do not use Linux at all
but they also do not use DXF or G-code MOST prever SVG and GBRL

More
03 Apr 2019 18:11 - 03 Apr 2019 19:14 #130218 by Grotius
Hi Maximilian,

I tested the Freecad sheet metal plugin on verson 017. It worked directly. Nice program anyway.
I see the Freecad software is written in Qt. So that is a big project. I wonder how far the program is related to g-code output.

I Know that 99% of CNC people do not use Linux at all
Give me the script :laugh:
Last edit: 03 Apr 2019 19:14 by Grotius.

More
04 Apr 2019 06:37 #130264 by pl7i92
it is a great output if you do a max 2,5D
Freecad Path is under construction
but only a view non Programmer People are there on Path
Drop by Drop it is getting Better

More
13 Apr 2019 16:13 #130779 by Grotius
Hi Maximilian,

Freecad i tested with sheet metal plugin. This is really a nice program. I hope i can help freecad coding in the future !!

I made a webserver with link to a free domain : mydebiandomain.tk

If you click on read various information on that site. It does c code behind the screen on my server (home pc)
If you then click on view collected data, it display's information.

So in this way i can make a online g-code assistant, and make much more application's like a faster then windows real time trading application trough our open source coding.

More
14 Apr 2019 00:13 #130804 by tommylight

More
15 Apr 2019 18:18 - 16 Apr 2019 00:48 #130913 by Grotius
@Tommy,

Indeed. I was fucked up for 2 day's with this problem.
For the webserver candidates i made a short file patron. It can be used for the nginx webserver configuration.
It think it will work for apache in the same way. To store this info, other users that are building webservers can take a look at the files in the future. And that is nice. Open source.

It took me over 2 day's to find out what i was doing wrong. And finally the conclusion was i think a lack of a good tutorial.
There are good tutorials, but the etc/host file is very important. Also my router must forward internet traffic to pc.
This is on the modem : forward DMZ. how to

At last i switched from apache2 to nginx. Attached files will bring luck to your configurations.

For the free website name, i used freenom.com
For debian / ubuntu / mint, you can use this on your desktop pc, change your ip. How to is in the user commands.txt file.

The nice thing about this.

I made a test website with .cgi extensions, that i will bring back online soon.
For cgi i will provide the additional info to enable.

cgi extenstions are based on pure c code driven by the server.
By the way. At this day's server's are not providing this anymore. I think it has to do with safety issue's.

The power of this .cgi code (pure c) related to the linuxcnc (environment) has almost unlimited capabilities.
Much more then Java can do. We can move the cnc machine from a host website.

Why is Us + Russia + China not investing in a better world?
Why is the world not responding to Syria? Why are this video's not in the news every day?

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

If it was your child, what would you do?

I wonder what will happen if we install linuxcnc in the in the var/www environment, rip the environment and make some halui connections to test the application.
I think this can done be via satelite :

in memorial the nottredame paris... in memorial all the syrian innocent shooted kids that we can not rebuild....

The site mydebiandomain.tk is a test site. It is only online when my pc is online.
mydebiandomain.tk
I will make a second domain for the c coded (cgi) interfaces. This i tested and works very nice to do additional tasks to provide info.

I am thinking about a solar solution. Or a tiny solar drone mc-donalds solution to provide free hosting.
Concider the strikes of the US and Syrian army to innocent little children in Syria. Very, very sad.
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Apr 2019 00:48 by Grotius.

More
16 Apr 2019 01:32 #130954 by tommylight
You could have asked me for help, i had a lot, i mean a lot of web servers for over 10 years.
Also, 19 years ago there was a brutal war going on here, i was the one getting shot and bombed from .........
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grotius

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds