Step Sale and Velocity

More
16 Dec 2019 03:17 #152710 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Step Sale and Velocity
The hm2_eth manual page has an example

But I would try using ethtool by hand first as ethtool may not be installed
Running the ping command after the ethtool command should show improved ping times

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2019 03:28 #152711 by little_sparky
Yeah I am running the following from the hm2 manual (except with 10.10.10.10 address)
auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
    address 192.168.1.1
    hardware−irq−coalesce−rx−usecs 0

Also the ethtool command returned
sudo: ethtool: command not found

More
16 Dec 2019 03:31 #152712 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Step Sale and Velocity
Right, so you need to install ethtool

sudo apt-get install ethtool

More
16 Dec 2019 15:41 #152745 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Step Sale and Velocity
Also turn off all virtualization in bios and select single core.

I had issues when using optiplex. After i had no problem.

Like PCW said, somethings flaky with your networkit seems. What are the ping times when pinging localhost?

More
17 Dec 2019 10:43 #152785 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Step Sale and Velocity
Might be repeating this but, is your Mesa board connected Directly to the PC ?

More
30 Jan 2020 04:20 - 30 Jan 2020 04:22 #156139 by little_sparky

Might be repeating this but, is your Mesa board connected Directly to the PC ?

Yep, I have a RJ45 Cat5 or (6) cable running straight from the back of the computer to the Mesa 7i76e.

Bevins I ran my PC on one core but turns out I ran it on the first core and have just read that for preempt it is better to run it on the last core, so I will try the second core and see how that goes.

In the meantime I have trieda differernt tactic but have run into problems with freezing. I have purchased a GIGABYTE GB-BACE-3160 with a WD Blue 500GB SATA III 2.5-inch Internal Mobile Hard Drive .

I have downloaded 3 different versions of Debian 9 stretch, RT-preempt images from the live/install page.

linuxcnc-stretch-uspace-amd64-r12.iso
linuxcnc-stretch-uspace-amd64.iso
linuxcnc-stretch-uspace-i386-r12.iso

I started a different thread for this topic in another area but this thread seems to be a lot more active.
forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...and-gigabyte-mini-pc

Thank You

edit: Am wondering if my problems are hardware related or software related or my own ignorance. I have been pulling my hair out for months now trying to get this to work.

Is anyone in Auatralia interested in trying to get this working for me on their own 7i76e setup for some cash? lol. im out of options.
Last edit: 30 Jan 2020 04:22 by little_sparky.

More
30 Jan 2020 05:19 #156142 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Step Sale and Velocity

Is anyone in Auatralia interested in trying to get this working for me on their own 7i76e setup for some cash? lol. im out of options.

Contact me here www.vmn.com.au/contact-us
I might be able to help. I'd like to see some photos of your BIOS screens to see if they are the same as mine
I've got two of the BRIX, a N3160 and a J1900. I have run both of them but have been running the J1900 for a long time (as it was the older PC) and have reformatted the N3160 which is running Windows.

I've never used it but I have a caddy which is meant to be able to direct copy one HDD to another. I don't know what that means when you copy my 128 Gb HDD to a 512 Gb one though. I guess worst case you can add another partition later.

I am running Mint 17.3 and compiled the PREEMPT_RT kernel. Linuxcnc Master is also compiled from source.

More
01 Feb 2020 10:45 - 01 Feb 2020 10:46 #156296 by little_sparky
Thank you very much Rod. I will contact you tomorrow.

Bevins you were right, I had to select single core for my Dell Optiplex, however in my BIOS I had to select (2) which im assuming means the second core, I initially thought this meant two cores. Computer ran LinuxCNC for 4 hours straight with no errors thus far.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2020 10:46 by little_sparky.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds