New Project with Mesa 7I96 and THCAD-05

More
16 Jun 2020 01:12 - 16 Jun 2020 01:15 #171798 by TexasCNC
I need to go back into the Pncconfig wizard and disable those actions I didn’t see that. What would be the options for plasma that’s all I am going to use?
Last edit: 16 Jun 2020 01:15 by TexasCNC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2020 03:16 #171813 by phillc54

I need to go back into the Pncconfig wizard and disable those actions I didn’t see that. What would be the options for plasma that’s all I am going to use?

If you are using PlasmaC then the Configurator will handle all that later on, just put the minimum requirements to get a base machine working in Pcnconf.

Have a quick read of this section

More
23 Jun 2020 06:39 #172427 by TexasCNC
any idea the scaling resistors I am goig to need for the THCAD=05 and THCAD-10 I just ordered the THCAD-10 and I want to know the resistors I am going to need to scale it down. I am hooking this up to a Thermal Dynamics CM 52 with no divider board. Currently have it hooked up with Proma and getting raw voltage for it. Almost done with my wiring on the mesa 7i96 board. Just need to know what formula you all are using on the input of the THCAD?

More
23 Jun 2020 07:05 #172429 by rodw
I would suggest you see if you can get the Thermal Dynamics Automation Interface and a machine torch (SL60 or SL100) when you order your machine.

See
www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.com/thermal-d...interface-kit-9-8311
I know it costs a bit but for what you are spending on the table and the plasma cutter, its worth doing it properly

I have a TD A120 with the automation interface. I use the 30:1 setting with no divider on the THCAD-10 but for your machine, I would start with the 16:1 which will give you a full scale of 160 volts which should be heaps.

Anyway talk to your dealer about that part number on that link and machine torch options..

More
23 Jun 2020 07:23 #172434 by phillc54

any idea the scaling resistors I am goig to need for the THCAD=05 and THCAD-10 I just ordered the THCAD-10 and I want to know the resistors I am going to need to scale it down. I am hooking this up to a Thermal Dynamics CM 52 with no divider board. Currently have it hooked up with Proma and getting raw voltage for it. Almost done with my wiring on the mesa 7i96 board. Just need to know what formula you all are using on the input of the THCAD?

For the THCAD-10 you could use 2 x 1M-Ohm resistors:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/plasma/plasma...uide.html#mesa-thcad

For the THCAD-05, I assume it is for ohmic sensing so you need to follow this:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/plasma/plasma..._with_a_mesa_thcad_5

More
23 Jun 2020 14:50 #172474 by TexasCNC
I already have the machine and have the machine torch (SL100-sv). Been cutting great. Now that I want to use the Mesa devices I thought we could use some scaling resistors to get raw voltage and not need a interface card.

More
23 Jun 2020 21:00 #172505 by rodw

I already have the machine and have the machine torch (SL100-sv). Been cutting great. Now that I want to use the Mesa devices I thought we could use some scaling resistors to get raw voltage and not need a interface card.

Yes you can as Phill outlined. I there there is probably enough room in the TD case to ft it fairly easilly.

More
24 Jun 2020 02:16 #172527 by TexasCNC
Rod wouldn't I put the THCAD-10 in the control box rather than the plasma machine? And power up the THCAD ni the control box with its 5v power supply?

More
24 Jun 2020 19:43 #172621 by rodw

Rod wouldn't I put the THCAD-10 in the control box rather than the plasma machine? And power up the THCAD ni the control box with its 5v power supply?

I would do it that way with the automation interface. I think without, I would send 5 volts back to the machine on 2 wires and have the frequency output on another two as it might be safer.

More
24 Jun 2020 23:33 #172648 by phillc54

I would do it that way with the automation interface. I think without, I would send 5 volts back to the machine on 2 wires and have the frequency output on another two as it might be safer.

Yeah, I mounted mine in the plasma machine, I don't want any chance of the full arc voltage coming into the panel. I sent 24VDC to the machine and used one of those cheap buck converters to trim it to 5V.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds