New Project with Mesa 7I96 and THCAD-05

More
16 Jul 2020 04:28 #174804 by TexasCNC
Sorry forgot to ask if I don’t use the AC relay where does the ohmnic output pin get connected to? I

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2020 04:12 #175106 by TexasCNC
I ended buying the interface card for my plasma well my plasma machine doesn’t have the J-2 connector in the back and but when pictures it shows online for it and not having too much info on any forums I didn’t know it needed to connect to a J-2 connector I did see that I have J10 connector open on the board inside the machine. When I got the interface card I saw that it had a connector on the back side. So now I need to see how I can still use it. I know they sell another cable for the machine the cnc cable assembly and its $84.99 and it looked to have the J-2 connector on one end. Question is now how does that j2 connector run a stick A series machine on the inside how do you get your signal and divided voltage outputs? Is there another plug in the front of the a-series machines?

More
19 Jul 2020 04:13 #175107 by TexasCNC
Here is the back of the card that mounts to the back of the machine which doesn’t show on the manual.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
19 Jul 2020 07:11 #175115 by rodw
I think the circuit diagram in the manual shows the connections. You may be able to buy the connectors and make your own cable.

More
19 Jul 2020 07:25 #175118 by TexasCNC
That’s what I was thinking I have the pin out for that connector I just want to make sure that it works when I connect it. Here is the cable they sell I am thinking it’s the same connector J2 and has that screw type connector.
www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.com/thermal-d...tuKqbkEaAn3gEALw_wcB

More
19 Jul 2020 07:53 #175119 by rodw
What plasma do you have again?
I thought it was an internal cable you needed.
I got one of those with my A120. I just used a cable gland and hardwired the controller end. I have the part numbers from RS components somewhere for all of the pieces that would let you mount a socket on your control panel and put a plug on the end of the cable. Let me know if you want me to dig them out.

Mine was a very heavy duty rubber cable so it probably would cost more than the cost of the part!!

More
19 Jul 2020 16:11 #175160 by TexasCNC
Thermal dynamics cut master 52 bought it with the hand torch and then I bought the machine torch from local shop sl100sv swapped it out and it worked perfect. They way I have it wired right now is just tapping into the trigger wires that go to my relay and then I tapped into the raw arc voltage that goes to my proma. I want to use the interface card in which on the manual it says I can use with my machine. The back of the machine doesn’t have the plug it has a hole there but it’s covered with a blank piece. I have the open connector on the machine board J10 and the ground terminal on my machine where the interface card’s wire harness gets connected to. The only thing I don’t have is that J2 connector mounted on my machine so the card can connected to. I have the pin out to that J2 connector and I am thinking of maybe using that cable I mentioned and use that but want to make sure it will work. I wanted to see on a stick A-Series machine how that J2 connector is mounted in the back and where does that cable go to?

More
19 Jul 2020 16:12 #175161 by TexasCNC
Here are the pic of pin out and the pic of my machine

Attachments:

More
19 Jul 2020 18:47 #175182 by TexasCNC
Hmm I think I got it the board gets minutes through the inside not the outside lol I was reading it wrong. So it looks like I am going to need that cnc cable man 84.99 for a piece of cable it’s crazy.

More
07 May 2021 17:32 #208239 by TexasCNC
Sorry been away and busy with work These past couple of months. I finally got able to get back into my machine that I am building and got all the wiring done well most of it. But was wondering on the output pins on the Mesa 7i96 card for the torch on and off does it have to be a 24v power supply feeding the relay or can I use a 5v relay?

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds