Plasmac THC

More
01 Jun 2023 23:09 #272661 by Defab
Plasmac THC was created by Defab
Hi Guys, I introduced myself a while back. I bought the spaceship plasma a while back from rod.. Table has been running well but lately I have been trying to cut some thinner material and I cant seem to get the thc to operate? I have it selected on the main screen but the lead screw for the height of the torch never moves once it has started cutting? Any ideas where to start looking? when I run a cut the active light never comes on.  Thank you
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2023 23:30 #272662 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Plasmac THC
Feed, you have it set at 150% so it never reaches the feed set in gcode.
Strange, i know, but it has it's reasons.
The long lasting solution is to have the feed rate set in gcode to where you need it and use the feed slider to make minor adjustments.
The short and long term solution is to set the VAD to 60 or 65% in the settings tab/page, default is 90 or 95% and that is way to much for anything useful as it locks the THC at any sign of slow down/speed up. This will also allow you to use the feed rate slider for bigger changes without locking the THC.

More
02 Jun 2023 07:07 #272677 by Defab
Replied by Defab on topic Plasmac THC
Thanks... Unfortunately while trying this I must have accidentally clicked on something?? Table is now going haywire... i turn it all on and try and home all and the torch height goes up and just keeps hitting the bump stop as do x and y.. the whole table is shaking violently. I have literally no idea what happened, I did open a few menus looking for the VAD but I didn't change anything.

More
02 Jun 2023 08:11 #272680 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Plasmac THC
I think Tommy is right about the feed override. I never used it..

But back to your problems. First shut the PC down and power off the control box, then restart both.
From the PC, open a terminal window and type
ping 10.10.10.10
​​​​​​If you get a reply, the Mesa card is still there :)
Hit home all and if it works, all good! It was the way you held your tongue!
If it goes crazy, hit estop!
Grab a multimeter and measure the voltage between the 2 busbars and work out which one is + and which one is -
The left one from memory is -24v (or 0 volts for the purists!) and the right one is +24v. Do you have 24 v?
Let's start with the Z axis home switch  at the top of travel.
If you review the tables I gave you, the Z axis shared home switch is attached to TB6 pin 9 (counting from the top of the 7i76e board). That is input 08
Now open halshow and locate hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-08 and watch it
With a steel ruler or a screwdriver, trigger the prox sensor. Does the light on the sensor change state? (It can be blown and still fire this light)
If the light does not come on and no other prox sensors light up, it's possible the +24v  or -24V on the DB9 cable is faulty. 
In fact when I think of this, if that was broken, none of the sensors would work which could explain the issue you have...

Look at  halshow. Does the pin  change state? If it doesn't, there is a fault somewhere.
You may need a helper to do the next bit. Trigger the sensor again and with your multimeter, check you have 24v between the 0 volts bus bar and the TB-9 connector on the 7i76e? If you haven't, then it's likely the sensor is faulty.
You might also like to check for 24V at the DB9 connector on the base of the enclosure (can't remember which one goes to the gantry) but it has wires on every terminal when II look at the table in the docs I gave you. The sensor is on pin 8 - CTS

Finally, I cover checking pins etc in my video and it gives a systematic way to trouble shoot when connecting sensors, the same applies to troubleshooting
​​​​
Please report results.

More
02 Jun 2023 08:24 #272681 by Defab
Replied by Defab on topic Plasmac THC
Wow.. thanks so much rod for the comprehensive response.. I’ll go through this tomorrow and respond. Really appreciate the help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
02 Jun 2023 08:29 #272682 by rodw
Oops, I forgot the video

YOu have all the documentation to trouble shoot so good luck!

More
02 Jun 2023 10:50 #272693 by tommylight
From your explanation, i would guess at sensor power missing, since all sensors are ignored.
So, a DVM and check what Rod said.
Also, make sure you are using the right config. This i do mess up quite often! :)

More
02 Jun 2023 11:27 #272706 by rodw

Also, make sure you are using the right config. This i do mess up quite often! 

This is a Spaceship. There is only one config  

But yes, I think the most likely thing was a DB9 connector was bumped out of its socket. Probably up on the gantry where it enters a metal jiffy box!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
02 Jun 2023 11:40 #272710 by tommylight

This is a Spaceship. There is only one config  

Lucky you ! :)
Last mess up, i lost/deleted/sold my big PC with the Mazak config, so back to tuning ans setting about 1000 things on it! :( oooouch that hurts.

More
02 Jun 2023 11:48 #272713 by rodw
This is where saving your config and documentation in Google Drive helps!
Even after you sell your machine....

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds