Plasmac THC

More
03 Jun 2023 07:12 #272798 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Plasmac THC

g code attached
sorry the g code is the tap file right? it wont let me attach it.

change the file extension to .txt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2023 07:21 #272800 by rodw
I think it's safe to assume the config is perfect as it was pretty well tuned and final when it left me. That took years... Don't tamper with it!

​​​​For me the unknown is the gcode. if it's a tap file to me it sounds like it's a historic file from aother system.

The other thing that we didn't see in your video was if the torch voltage was being displayed. if it isn't then there is probably another fault.

More
03 Jun 2023 09:59 #272806 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Plasmac THC
Last video shows the settings page values at default, except the VAD.
Most of those should be OK but voltage scale and offset will have to be set.

More
03 Jun 2023 10:16 #272808 by rodw
As I said, do not touch any config. The voltage is already scaled to 1:1 by another component. This was because the original plasmac config was buggy and we have other parameters available from that component. Remember, this table predates the very first plasmac release.

​​​​​​I need to know if a voltage is displayed when cutting. If there is no voltage, teh THC cannot function.

More
03 Jun 2023 22:38 #272843 by Defab
Replied by Defab on topic Plasmac THC
Haven't touched the config.. It does not display any arc voltage. it's always at 0 when cutting

More
03 Jun 2023 23:51 #272845 by rodw
I think this will be your problem. In halshow without cutting, 

​​​​Please check 
 hm2_7i76e.0.encoder.01.velocity

It should be hovering around the 0 volt frequency of the THCAD. eg around 3840
If it is, the Mesa hardware is OK.
You could confirm this by getting a 9 volt battery and connecting power to the THCAD high voltage inputs and observing the frequency which should be 9/10 of the full scale frequency of 28928 eg about 26035
With the battery still connected, You should now see  a torch voltage on the console around 270 volts

The most likely problem is that the voltage divider you moved from the old cutter to this one is not properly installed or needs to be enabled somehow.
I would first check each wire of the interconnect cable for continuity with a multimeter buzzer.

eg
pin ​​​​4 orange to THC IN- 
pin 6 purple to THC IN+

So if all this checks out, the problem is in the plasma cutter.
​​​

More
04 Jun 2023 07:00 #272862 by beefy
Replied by beefy on topic Plasmac THC

Haven't touched the config.. It does not display any arc voltage. it's always at 0 when cutting

Defab,

could you help me out and still post your config file here. I believe you have a hardwired/wireless combo pendant that came with the table, and I want to see how the hal file was modified for the pendant interfacing.

More
04 Jun 2023 07:05 #272863 by rodw

Defab,

could you help me out and still post your config file here. I believe you have a hardwired/wireless combo pendant that came with the table, and I want to see how the hal file was modified for the pendant interfacing.

I'll find a cleaner version of the pendant config for Beefy.

More
04 Jun 2023 20:59 #272911 by Defab
Thanks rod, I’ll check this in the next few days and report back.

More
08 Jun 2023 08:32 #273145 by Defab
Thanks Rod... its now working great. I pulled the plasma apart everything looked ok and tested ok on the leads, So I just made sure everything was fitting snug. I then went to the control box and traced the wires and there was a small plug that was slightly loose.. I just wiggled all the plugs and made sure they were snug and it's now working. Thanks again for all the advice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds