New GUI for embedded systems

More
27 Sep 2018 22:07 - 27 Sep 2018 22:14 #118084 by UnfinishedBusiness
Hey Grotius - I attached a picture of the TTY output that I get in normal launch (./launch) . The python errors are normal right now (until I resolve why they are occurring, probably the splash screen and axis tool changer or whatever trying to connect to X, which isn't running)

Everything between "Config loaded from '/etc/Xmotion/config.ini'" and "The framebuffer device was mapped to memory successfully."
is Xmotion talking, everything else is LinuxCNC. I notice from your screenshot that you have X running, You can have X running when you launch but you cannot be negotiated in X Mode (Alt-F7) when you launch it, otherwise X and Xmotion will try to write to the framebuffer at the same time and strange things will happen. Make sure a launch from a Virtual TTY (Like Alt-F1) so Xmotion can tell the kernel to go to K_GRAPHICS_MODE. When Xmotion is open, TTY switching won't be possible (Possibly will be added later)

Have you been able to get the GUI open at all?

As of the latest commit in the master branch today, the system is in working order and has run on a machine for 8 hours straight without any hiccups at all of any kind while cutting large nests of parts.

What version of LinuxCNC are you running now? Everything I've done has been with version 2.7.11 but it really shouldn't be very picky about version right now
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Sep 2018 22:14 by UnfinishedBusiness.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2018 16:58 #118746 by bkt
Replied by bkt on topic New GUI for embedded systems
In these dsy try to make an other ui in c++ because actually ui is good for ciPS machinery ... Less for me purpose. So I start from an rip-install from linuxcnc-dev folder and try to compile the simple example nml-position-logger.cc file. .... obtain crt1.o undefined reference for _start function error. Reading these post every c/c++ file in linuxcnc search for library or header included in ~usr/... and ~lib/ folder ..... using ls command can solve my error? Not expert about building and compiling so I need some suggest about.

Regards
Giorgio

More
25 Dec 2018 14:10 #122868 by davidshore
Hi Travis,

I saw that you are developing a new GUI. It doesn't need to start the X service, it sounds great. But I can't start it.

As you said, I issued "make install", executed "cp config_example.ini /etc/Xmotion/config.ini", and used "DISPLAY = Xmotion" in linuxcnc ini. I wrote a script to execute my "linuxcnc ini"

Then I started it on the virtual TTY using the ROOT user. I set the display environment variable "export DISPLAY=:0.0" and executed "xhost +". The startup message looks fine, but I don't see the Xmotion screen. The entire screen is fixed, and the mouse and keyboard are also unresponsive and cannot be switched to other TTY. Do you know how to solve this problem?

This is the information for the entire splash screen:
david@debian:~$ export DISPLAY=:0.0
david@debian:~$ xhost +
access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
david@debian:~$ sudo su
root@debian:/home/david# xhost +
access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
root@debian:/home/david# ./launch
LINUXCNC - 2.7.14
Machine configuration directory is '/home/david/linuxcnc/configs/my-mill'
Machine configuration file is 'my-mill.ini'
Starting LinuxCNC...
Found file(REL): ./my-mill.hal
Found file(REL): ./custom.hal
Config loaded from '/etc/Xmotion/config.ini'
Finding Mouse devices!
	Found Device: /dev/input/by-id/usb-18f8_USB_GAMING_MOUSE-event-mouse
		Opened device!
Finding Keyboard devices!
	Found Device: /dev/input/by-id/usb-18f8_USB_GAMING_MOUSE-if01-event-kbd
		Opened device!
	Found Device: /dev/input/by-id/usb-18f8_USB_GAMING_MOUSE-event-kbd
		Opened device!
The framebuffer device was opened successfully.
1920x1080, 32bpp
The framebuffer device was mapped to memory successfully.
task: main loop took 0.110140 seconds

Thanks,
David

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds