Where is the Glade HAL widgets installed with linuxcnc installed as a package

More
03 Mar 2017 03:47 #88914 by CMB
Thanks Guys,

I copied the catalog & pixmap folders from the /usr/share/glade3 folder on the working setup to the broken one, and tried just about everything I could find on the forum here ...so the original issue may now be tougher to resolve :)

I'm trying a fresh install of Mint / Mate 18.1 -32bit with a 4.9 kernel and glade 3.8.5 to see if I have better luck. I had acceptable latency of max 62us after 24 hours of fishGL running, Youtube streaming and a dozen Glxgears, so just gotta get the Glade issue resolved.

-cncnoob1979, Did you do a RIP build of 2.7.8 first and then build the .deb packages to install?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2017 18:01 #88946 by CMB
After a fresh install of the OS, RT Kernel, and LinuxCNC 2.7.8 (from freshly created .deb packages), Glade 3.8.5 produces the same results. Also tried a LinuxCNC RIP build after the install from .deb packages with the same results.

Here is the error produced when issuing sudo glade-gtk2 from a terminal:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/home/op1/linuxcnc-dev/lib/python/gladevcp/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from hal_pythonplugin import *
  File "/home/op1/linuxcnc-dev/lib/python/gladevcp/hal_pythonplugin.py", line 22, in <module>
    from combi_dro import Combi_DRO
  File "/home/op1/linuxcnc-dev/lib/python/gladevcp/combi_dro.py", line 28, in <module>
    from gmoccapy import getiniinfo
  File "/home/op1/linuxcnc-dev/lib/python/gmoccapy/getiniinfo.py", line 30, in <module>
    CONFIGPATH = os.environ['CONFIG_DIR']
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/UserDict.py", line 40, in __getitem__
    raise KeyError(key)
KeyError: 'CONFIG_DIR

More
03 Mar 2017 18:24 - 03 Mar 2017 18:50 #88948 by cncnoob1979
I did not use a rip to install the deb. I ran make clean prior to building.

Did you have any issues building linuxcnc any critical's ect... Did you build glade from source or did you install the same version I used?

Looks like you used 3.8.0. I would recommend you remove 3.8.0 (it's buggy) via the package manager. Then use the link posted here to install the 3.8.5 deb.

See what results you get then. If you built from source the run

sudo make uninstall

To remove 3.8.0
Last edit: 03 Mar 2017 18:50 by cncnoob1979.

More
03 Mar 2017 19:36 #88950 by CMB
Thanks!

I used the deb package you recommended for Glade 3.8.5 this time but got the same results as with the previous install with 3.8.0.

I did have unmet dependencies when installing the LinuxCNC 2.7.8 package I created, although all dependencies were met prior to creating the .deb package. Is this itself the sign of an issue? I didn't see any critical's but plenty of warnings during the build process.

I think you're correct, it may very well be something with my 2.7.8 deb package creation process.

I'll research that part a bit further.

More
03 Mar 2017 20:25 - 03 Mar 2017 20:42 #88951 by cncnoob1979

I did have unmet dependencies when installing the LinuxCNC 2.7.8 package I created

Its quite possible that the dependencies were required to build the vcp widgets. I would meet all the dependencies with
dpkg-checkbuilddeps

You could also try the master branch / create the deb to troubleshoot.. .perhaps there are other things at work here. But we have to start with dependencies being met.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/home/op1/linuxcnc-dev/lib/python/gladevcp/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from hal_pythonplugin import *
  File "/home/op1/linuxcnc-dev/lib/python/gladevcp/hal_pythonplugin.py", line 22, in <module>
    from combi_dro import Combi_DRO
  File "/home/op1/linuxcnc-dev/lib/python/gladevcp/combi_dro.py", line 28, in <module>
    from gmoccapy import getiniinfo
  File "/home/op1/linuxcnc-dev/lib/python/gmoccapy/getiniinfo.py", line 30, in <module>
    CONFIGPATH = os.environ['CONFIG_DIR']
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/UserDict.py", line 40, in __getitem__
    raise KeyError(key)
KeyError: 'CONFIG_DIR

I ****THINK*** These errors are from moving the catalog files from a RIP install. I would completely remove linuxcnc via the package manager. if you notice the python scripts are looking in the /linuxcnc-dev/ folder.

After removing linuxcnc, meet all build dependencies running the command above to know what to install; then build the deb; install linuxcnc; test glade.

Did you follow this posting? forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...install-or-deb#86196
Last edit: 03 Mar 2017 20:42 by cncnoob1979.

More
04 Mar 2017 06:52 - 04 Mar 2017 15:28 #88982 by CMB
The only way I could get this sorted was to switch to 2.7.8 using git checkout v2.7.8 in place of git checkout 2.7
I also ended up back on Mint 17.3 for now.

Here is a link to the 64bit package for Glade 3.8.5: launchpad.net/ubuntu/utopic/amd64/glade-gtk2/3.8.5-0ubuntu1

-cb
Last edit: 04 Mar 2017 15:28 by CMB. Reason: added link

More
04 Mar 2017 19:18 #88999 by cmorley
This is caused by Gmoccapy's getiniinfo.py not surrounding the
CONFIGPATH = os.environ

with a try: except:

that ervironment variable is not available if linuxcnc is not running.
I will let Norbert know.

Chris M

Moderators: mhaberlerHansU
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds