+-10 volt spindle?

More
15 Sep 2013 00:57 #38828 by DaOne
Replied by DaOne on topic +-10 volt spindle?
Here you go.

File Attachment:

File Name: my_LinuxCN...9-14.zip
File Size:12 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2013 01:30 #38830 by DaOne
Ok now I feel like an idiot! It turns out I did have the spindle encoder plugged into 0 not 1 :whistle: I am gonna do that changes now to the timer part and see if I can get it all going. I will report back.

More
15 Sep 2013 06:46 #38842 by DaOne
WooHoo it works! Thanks a bunch! Now I have a question. It this closed loop with the encoder? If its not what would be the best way to attack making it so it is?

More
15 Sep 2013 07:34 #38846 by JR1050
Replied by JR1050 on topic +-10 volt spindle?
It is closed loop. Is this encoder on the motor or belt driven from the spindle? Keep in mind,if you.dont connect the drive error pin to the actual drive ,it wont show the error,also if you get an error, this comp.has no provision to put the machine in feedhold . Im working on writing a function so I.can have multiple instances of feedhold. Im glad it worked for you!!! You can also adjust the amount of time for spindle wind down by setting a different value for the time delay right now it is set for 5 seconds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaOne

More
15 Sep 2013 07:40 #38848 by DaOne
The encoder is driven via a belt at I think a 1:1 ratio from what I could see. The encoder is a 1024 count quadrature encoder with index. I would like to do threading and rigid tapping. I will be using the zero speed as will as the drive alarm. I have a hydraulic chuck so thats where the zero speed come in. Just learning as I go. I need to get the true rpm to display. Maybe you have some info on that part?

More
15 Sep 2013 08:11 #38851 by JR1050
My cincinnati lathe has a spindle encoder like yours and a motor encoder that goes to the drive. The cinci.has an analog rpm meter,so I never made a pyvcp meter. My hardinge I checked with a tach and it ran at programmed speed, so I called it good enough. There are some.examples in the book on an rpm meter. Im guessing you have black cap or yellow cap fanuc motors, did you set up a simulated tach for the the drives or did you change the drives? With the way everything is presently set up,you should have no problem threading, ridgid tapping is gonna require very fast deceleration and braking, which is gonna take some tuning. I dont know how quick.you can stop that Fuji drive.

More
15 Sep 2013 08:27 #38852 by DaOne
Yes I bough a board specifically designed to generate the tach signals for Bulgaria. I intend to use the original servos and drives. They are the huge brushed getty's. If this lathe makes some $ I might change them over to AC drives down the road. The spindle is a 20 HP DC drive and man it stops on a dime. Worst case I could rig a brake if I get over current issues. If you are using the same basic setup do you mind sharing your config files? Really helps me learn looking at the way others have done it. I came from mach3 that I used on a 9 x 20 harbor freight lathe I retrofitted to cnc. I moved to linuxcnc due to how dangerous mach3 is on a lathe. Totally unsafe not to mention its not closed loop.

More
15 Sep 2013 08:58 #38854 by JR1050
There is a thread on the cnczone about how to hook an the velocity pin from the encoder to an analog out to.generate a tach signal. I have brushed motors on most of my equipment, I often keep the motors but replace the original drives with
a newer more modern amp. Safety is everything, you have to take every possible condition into consideration and anticipate it. Im not sure my config files will be of much help as I write all my logic as components and compile them. If you have a place where you get stuck,let me know and Ill help you thru each one. A 5i25 7I77 on a lathe is fortunately a do able project.

More
15 Sep 2013 09:07 #38855 by DaOne
Thanks JR1050! I am gonna just use the hardware board as I was told the resolution on the dacs of the mesa setup would not be enough to provide a tach. I already have the board. My next step is gonna be the servo drives. Right now I got most of the hardware hooked up. The servos are the last part as I didn't want to worry about a runaway drive while sticking my head in somewhere to fix a switch. The hardware side of things I feel comfortable with. The software side is my learning curve. I am new to linux as well as linuxcnc so this has been a huge undertaking for me.

More
15 Sep 2013 09:13 #38856 by DaOne
The board I have uses the encoders to generate the tach signal. Its a pass through design.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds