7i96 configuration Tool and Gantry XYZ Machines

More
09 Jan 2022 06:00 #231219 by SSIRon
RNJFAB

i did try and got errors but i am going to try this again tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2022 23:45 #231268 by BigJohnT
I'll look at the files in the morning.

JT

More
09 Jan 2022 23:49 #231269 by BigJohnT
I did a quick check on the ini file with the tool and it does have an issue with reloading Joint 1

JT

More
10 Jan 2022 00:30 #231272 by SSIRon
John - i did get it to run from the pncconf wizard.  I must have made an error the first time around but it seems to be on track now.   If you would like i can test the tool once you are ready.

I do wish there was a way to jog x and x2 with out homing.  I know there is resistance to this but i can do it mach 3 and i can do it on my waterjet (with an override) and i find it helpful to move a machine with out homing.  as long as both joints are moving.

More
10 Jan 2022 00:42 - 10 Jan 2022 00:43 #231274 by RNJFAB
I thought there was a setting (tick Box) to ask if homing was required before moving.
There is in the Pncconfig.

I can see it would be handy when testing axis before you have a working machine. However, once a working machine is in place, i can't imagine not homing everything to ensure you have a correct 0 and square gantry before starting a job.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Jan 2022 00:43 by RNJFAB.

More
10 Jan 2022 01:47 #231276 by SSIRon
RNJFab thanks for all your help. i believe that setting does not work with a gantry machine, i will have to try it again to be sure. I do move my machines without homing. I will home before starting a job but if i load materials or doing maintenance. there are circumstances when i just need to jog machine short distance or to thee oposite end of the table and i do not want any other movement.

More
10 Jan 2022 06:55 #231289 by RNJFAB
You could always home to the back left/right to make it easier to load a sheet. I always home to the front left as it's close to where i park when i shut the machine down, then i have buttons to send it to the back left to load a sheet.

I didn't think there would be much difference between an XXYZ machine or a XYYZ machine. still running on axis with 2 motors.

More
10 Jan 2022 23:09 - 10 Jan 2022 23:11 #231361 by BigJohnT
I can add no force homing, it was an oversight by me. Thanks for the report.

I didn't get a chance to look at the tool this morning busy diagnosing a faulty chicken door in Coop Uno.

JT
Last edit: 10 Jan 2022 23:11 by BigJohnT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
11 Jan 2022 05:14 #231398 by SSIRon
BigJohnT ..  I took everything out to shop and did the swap.  My router is up running.  a little tweaking tomorrow and i think i will be back in operation.  I BTW .. i use commercial damper actuator for my chicken door actuators.  lasts for decades.

Rnjfab  --- we are good it is running.  you were a big help .. thank you

More
11 Jan 2022 14:10 #231445 by BigJohnT
I added the missing homing items and no force homing on the options page and uploaded a new deb. If you can test it that would be great.

I added a DS18B20 temperature probe to the Raspberry Pi and somehow pulled out the wire for the up relay. My doors use a gear motor with a spool and paracord to raise and lower the door. This way it can come down on top of a stubborn hen without hurting her.

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds