/usr/bin/wine: 40: exec: exec format error

More
05 Sep 2023 23:21 #280035 by cornholio
I'm kinda wondering why this is here, yeah sure Linuxcnc uses RT kernels........but I don't think wine support is a big thing here. But them again casting a wide net helps in answers.

Maybe having a look here:
xanmod.org/
And asking on their gitlab page may produce better results.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2023 23:51 #280037 by tommylight
Probably had a heart attack after seeing Ubuntu Studio and all the audio tools included in it, or is still looking through the Audio menu as that takes a while! :)
What happens if he gets to the Video menu? :)

More
06 Sep 2023 07:38 #280065 by skrutinizer
Ubuntu studio is crap. It's based on jackd and as per Steven Rostedt's interview that crappy jackd breaks rt which i confirm. That's why this topic has been created. But i see only ignorant trolls here so far. It seems that i will have to stay with rt patches. At least there is documentation for them available from rhel rt manual. Xanmod, manjaro are another pieces of crap. I recommend people's compiling rt kernel from kernel.org with their patches from Rostedt disabling everything not connected with audio. Only in this case buffer 16/3 becomes possible. Otherwise only 32/8 (=256 buffer!) Is only possible with rt patches!

More
06 Sep 2023 08:13 #280069 by rmu

Ubuntu studio is crap. It's based on jackd and as per Steven Rostedt's interview that crappy jackd breaks rt which i confirm. That's why this topic has been created. But i see only ignorant trolls here so far. It seems that i will have to stay with rt patches. At least there is documentation for them available from rhel rt manual. Xanmod, manjaro are another pieces of crap. I recommend people's compiling rt kernel from kernel.org with their patches from Rostedt disabling everything not connected with audio. Only in this case buffer 16/3 becomes possible. Otherwise only 32/8 (=256 buffer!) Is only possible with rt patches!

This is not an audio forum. Your introductory post didn't indicate anything into that direction. That kind of salami technique of providing relevant information only in slices after being "cornered" is wasting everybody's time and is the real trolling. Audio related problems regarding realtime stuff are much different from the CNC stuff, and even then it probably makes a difference if you are doing something "live" vs. just replaying stuff.

LinuxCNC doesn't really buffer that much, there is no need to double-buffer anything, systems that don't generate stepper timing can live with 200µs and more of jitter and so on. And fortunately nobody has to deal with the insanity of running realtime stuff in wine. Jackd vs. pulse vs. whatever holy wars also don't belong here. IMHO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cornholio

More
06 Sep 2023 08:42 - 06 Sep 2023 08:44 #280074 by cornholio
Thanks rmu, far more eolquent than I could put it.

Oh I think I get it, the OP thought may have Linuxcnc may have been a GP distro with a real time kernel.
Last edit: 06 Sep 2023 08:44 by cornholio.

More
06 Sep 2023 11:09 #280087 by skrutinizer
Speak for yourself. Linvst developer pointed out the fact that his product is suitable for realtime and there are such users of wine, namely wine-staging which is continuation of wine-rt project. I will keep guests informed if i manage to achieve better results than with rt patches.

More
06 Sep 2023 11:15 - 06 Sep 2023 11:16 #280088 by cornholio
Be you Man or be you Troll ?

Have a read of this
linuxcnc.org/

Where does it mention Linuxcnc being suitable for Audio or Video applications ?
Everything is geared to CNC\Robotics that sort of thing. Unless of course you want to make music with stepper motors
Last edit: 06 Sep 2023 11:16 by cornholio.

More
06 Sep 2023 13:32 #280100 by tommylight

Ubuntu studio is crap.

This does not merit a reply.

It's based on jackd and as per Steven Rostedt's interview that crappy jackd breaks rt which i confirm.

I have no idea who he is, or when did the world chose him as the ultimate audio authority and at the same time the ultimate authority on inner workings of Linux. I sincerely doubt he is all that.

But i see only ignorant trolls here so far.

Thank you?
-
For one thing you are right, the RT kernel we use for LinuxCNC and the RT kernel used for audio are not the same, and as far as latency is concerned, ours wins, hands down.
Having a signal be late for music is not a big deal, having a signal be late on a 15 ton machine spells disaster.
Have you tried ArtistX ?
-
This is just a recap on why you are getting the replies you do not like here:
-asking about RT kernel with very, very low latency is all good and would have gotten useful replies
-asking about audio stuff would still be OK as there are some members here with long experience in that field
-asking about very, very low latency RT kernel and using wine, that is never ever a good idea, mainly as that is adding another layer of very bad delays back and forth going through the translation layers of wine.
Wine has been optimized a lot lately, but for gaming, the Video part of things, not the Audio part. Even then 100 frames a second means 10ms frame time, still not close to what we use.
-
Personally, i was there, had the same issues, over 15 or 20 years ago, Jackd was terrible to use and work with and required days of fiddling with it to be usable.
Now everything is easy, and works, and under Linux it works without issues, for years, 24/7/365
A quick glance over youtube would have given you many, many very big youtube channels moving to Linux form Apple or Windows, most because of sound issues.

More
06 Sep 2023 14:32 #280107 by skrutinizer
Steven Rostedt dvelops rt patches for lsb linux. He is also author of ftrace kernel tracer. He is man #2 after Torwalds. And just pure logic: how additional jackd layer between daw and alsa driver can speed up things? No way! That's why i use reaper for linux directly with alsa. It's optimized for rt. May be you are right about wine or even wine staging because i have just loaded my project with only 64-bit linvsted vsts after ln -s wine64 wine and to my disappointment linxcnc has turned out to be no better than hacked rt patches based kernel on buffer 16/3. I will redo the comparison with only native linux 64bit vsts loaded.
Never heard about artistx. Will check. I don't know anything similar to arboretum ionizer, vss3 reverb or korg legacy synth collection or vaz synth, not to mention kontakt. There is always the question of faster speed vs possibilities. Unless some malicious resamplers implemented in the given daw sound quality will be the same on any OS because rendering/summing produces the result but not alsa or anything else in OS provided you don't use jackd leaving daw space

More
06 Sep 2023 15:40 #280114 by Aciera

to my disappointment linxcnc has turned out to be no better than hacked rt patches based kernel on buffer 16/3

This is the root of all this. LinuxCNC is a linux application that happens to us an rtkernel to run as a motion controller for real hardware you can also run it on non-rt-kernels in simulation mode.
LinuxCNC is NOT the rt-kernel itself.
You are simply on the wrong forum since you don't need or even want motion control. You are trying to discuss cheese in a meat shop and get pissed off for not getting anywhere. Why?
You would be much better off asking your questions on an audio forum or even on a site dedicated for rt- / lowlatency-operating systems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PCW, Clive S, cornholio

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds