/usr/bin/wine: 40: exec: exec format error

More
06 Sep 2023 20:25 #280150 by rodw

to my disappointment linxcnc has turned out to be no better than hacked rt patches based kernel on buffer 16/3. 

The thing is, linuxcnc is simply an application that requires a Real time Kernel. Whilst some of us build the kernel from the source at kernel.org to get better latency than the default Debian one, its not necessary and the stock preempt_rt kernel is fine for our use in most situations.. We don't hack anything in the kernel. I would suggest you revisit your technology stack which may require purchasing a Linux application to do what you want to do.
Trying to use Windows apps on Linux RT seems like a bad idea to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2023 22:03 #280154 by cornholio
Tommy can you move this thread to another forum ?

More
06 Sep 2023 22:15 #280156 by tommylight
Not sure about this, but from what i can recall, the Audio kernel is made to have low latency for everything running on it, while ours only works if explicitly called upon.
That is why the OP is getting bad results with it.
In this case, even Wine would have to call RT kernel, and getting there requires getting under the hood of Wine.
-
Can i move this to "off topic" section?
The following user(s) said Thank You: cornholio

More
07 Sep 2023 06:50 #280171 by rodw
Building a low latency kernel is just one field in menu config when building the kernel. But we set it to fully preemptible and apply a rt patch.
An RT app needs to raise real time threads to do its work (like our servo thread).
Some more PREEMPT_RT patches are being mainlined into the 6.6 kernel now. Its very close to where the patches will not be required. Possibly  the 6.7 kernel or the 6.8 or the....

More
08 Sep 2023 14:51 #280276 by skrutinizer
Unlike what they have told wine-staging does not break rt. I have tested plugins run via linvst vs those not emplying wine. To my suprise native linux compiled reaeq happened to be rt breaker (at buffer 16/3, lat 1ms)while many 32-bit vsts run via linvst were not.
Artistx? Some crap not even rt! Why did he mention it?
I will stay with rt patches. These trolls do not help! The same shit on all forums!

More
08 Sep 2023 18:25 #280283 by tommylight

Artistx? Some crap not even rt! Why did he mention it?

It was something i tried many years ago, it was a nice package for sure, no idea what happened to it.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds