building linuxcnc-dev on ubuntu 16.04 preempt-rt kernel

More
18 Apr 2018 21:51 #109272 by rodw
Sorry, I'm not near a Unix machine right now what does this do?
sudo apt-get install rtai-modules-4.14.34-rt27
or shorten it to rtai-modules

Seems a bit funny though if you are using the PREEMPT_RT kernel not RTAI so it could be a problem in the LCNC build environment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2018 22:42 - 19 Apr 2018 22:58 #109313 by Grotius
Hi Rodw,

I think when the reprository is not installed you get this, today i saw it also for a mesa product. :
error: Unmet build dependencies: rtai-modules-4.14.34-rt27 | rtai-modules-4.14.34-rt27

It is nice that i know how to solve the glade problem very quick.
I will make a new install script and test it on ubuntu and mint.

Now i have the debian stretch version running with glade widget's, linuxcnc and draftsight.

To get glade-gtk2 running in this 64 bit version:
www.linuxcnc.org/testing-stretch-rtpreem...uspace-amd64-r10.iso

Install gdebi and then install this :
linuxcnc.org/dists/wheezy/base/binary-am...0-0ubuntu6_amd64.deb

After install type in command line : glade-gtk2

One problem still remain's. It is making a .deb install from linuxcnc.....
The error is : error: Unmet build dependencies: rtai-modules-4.14.34-rt27 | rtai-modules-4.14.34-rt27
But with all kernel version's i get this error. So i must solve that problem.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2018 22:58 by Grotius.

More
19 Apr 2018 23:24 #109315 by rodw
Grotius, When you type uname -a do you see PREEMPT-RT?

Thats where I think the problem is. Somehow you've got the build environment making a .deb for RTAI not PREEMPT-RT so its looking for a dependency that does not exist for your kernel.

More
19 Apr 2018 23:32 - 19 Apr 2018 23:37 #109316 by Grotius
Hi Rodw,

Yes i always see the rt kernel.
Yes you are right. It had to do with a configuration that was not compatible. With the use of uspace everything is compatible.

I solved the problem just second's ago, from this document : linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/code/building-linuxcnc.html

> git clone git://github.com/linuxcnc/linuxcnc.git linuxcnc-dev
> cd linuxcnc-dev/debian
> ./configure uspace
> cd ..
> dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc

No complaining about rt kernels....

It has to do with this tekst : uspace

Uspace : Configure the Debian package for Preempt-RT realtime or for non-realtime (these two are compatible).

My feeling is that i can try to make every possible combination now with everything working.
At least, that is what i think at the moment. :lol:
Last edit: 19 Apr 2018 23:37 by Grotius.

More
19 Apr 2018 23:54 #109318 by rodw
Glad I could help!

More
29 Jul 2021 14:33 #216227 by jin_Technoaccord
Im running kernel version 4.15.0 on my desktop, but I cant find a patch of my version from the list. Can I use 4.16 or 4.14 instead?
Following is the link to the preempt set up page.
wiki.linuxfoundation.org/realtime/docume...ions/preemptrt_setup

More
01 Aug 2021 02:15 #216573 by andypugh

Im running kernel version 4.15.0 on my desktop, but I cant find a patch of my version from the list. Can I use 4.16 or 4.14 instead?
Following is the link to the preempt set up page.
wiki.linuxfoundation.org/realtime/docume...ions/preemptrt_setup

Just don't. If you want preempt-rt then just get the latest kernel in the package manager with the same major version number. Any 4.N.N kernel will work. 

Just do step 4 here: linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/getting-start...th_preempt_rt_kernel

The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
24 Dec 2022 11:12 - 24 Dec 2022 11:16 #260230 by akg1904
Hi,
I was following the guide but I am facing errors when I try to build LinuxCNC.
The step at which I see an error is when I give the 'make -j4' command.

Below is the error I am getting.

Reading 0/207 dependency files
Done reading dependencies
/bin/sh: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected (expecting "then")
Reading 0/250 realtime dependency files
Done reading realtime dependencies
Compiling libnml/inifile/inifile.cc
Compiling libnml/inifile/inivar.cc
Compiling libnml/posemath/_posemath.c
Compiling libnml/posemath/posemath.cc
/bin/sh: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
make: *** [Makefile:286: objects/libnml/inifile/inifile.o] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [Makefile:285: objects/libnml/inifile/inivar.o] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:278: objects/libnml/posemath/_posemath.o] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:286: objects/libnml/posemath/posemath.o] Error 2

Even at the 'make clear' step I get an error

make: *** No rule to make target 'clear'.  Stop.

Anyone know what the problem might be?
Last edit: 24 Dec 2022 11:16 by akg1904.

More
24 Dec 2022 12:30 #260234 by tommylight
Not sure about the first, seems like using "make" in the wrong folder
The second should be " make clean" not "make clear".

More
24 Dec 2022 12:59 #260236 by akg1904
Hi Tommylight,

Thank you for your reply.
I did "make clean" as you suggested and I got almost error free output as shown below:

rm  -rf \
    pluto_servo_firmware/db \
    pluto_servo_firmware/pluto_servo.asm.rpt \
    pluto_servo_firmware/pluto_servo.done \
    pluto_servo_firmware/pluto_servo.fit.rpt \
    pluto_servo_firmware/pluto_servo.fit.summary \
    pluto_servo_firmware/pluto_servo.flow.rpt \
    pluto_servo_firmware/pluto_servo.map.rpt \
    pluto_servo_firmware/pluto_servo.map.summary \
    pluto_servo_firmware/pluto_servo.pin \
    pluto_servo_firmware/pluto_servo.pof \
    pluto_servo_firmware/pluto_servo.qws \
    pluto_servo_firmware/pluto_servo.rbf \
    pluto_servo_firmware/pluto_servo.sof \
    pluto_servo_firmware/pluto_servo.tan.rpt \
    pluto_servo_firmware/pluto_servo.tan.summary \
    pluto_servo_firmware/undo_redo.txt
rm -f hal/user_comps/wj200_vfd/wj200_vfd.c
rm -f hal/user_comps/wj200_vfd/wj200_vfd.1
rm -f hal/user_comps/pi500_vfd/pi500_vfd.c
rm -f hal/user_comps/pi500_vfd/pi500_vfd.1
rm -f ../tests/halcompile/personalities_mod/lincurve_test.comp ../tests/halcompile/personalities_mod/logic_test.comp ../tests/halcompile/personalities_mod/bitslice_test.comp \
    ../tests/halcompile/serial-out-of-tree/mesa_uart_test.comp \
    ../tests/halcompile/userspace/rand_test.comp \
    ../tests/uspace/spawnv-root/rtapi.conf
rm -rf local   hal-test.html ini-test.html ngc-test.html
rm -f  ../bin/pyvcp  ../bin/hal_input  ../bin/gladevcp  ../bin/scorbot-er-3  ../bin/mitsub_vfd  ../bin/pmx485  ../bin/sim-torch  ../bin/z_level_compensation ../bin/pumagui ../bin/puma560gui ../bin/lineardelta ../bin/scaragui ../bin/hexagui ../bin/5axisgui ../bin/max5gui ../bin/maho600gui ../bin/hbmgui ../bin/rotarydelta ../bin/melfagui ../bin/millturngui ../bin/xyzac-trt-gui ../bin/xyzbc-trt-gui ../lib/python/_hal.so ../lib/python/linuxcnc.so ../lib/python/_togl.so ../bin/axis ../bin/axis-remote ../bin/linuxcnctop ../bin/hal_manualtoolchange ../bin/mdi ../bin/image-to-gcode ../bin/lintini ../bin/debuglevel ../bin/teach-in ../bin/tracking-test ../bin/touchy ../lib/python/touchy/__init__.py ../lib/python/touchy/mdi.py ../lib/python/touchy/emc_interface.py ../lib/python/touchy/hal_interface.py ../lib/python/touchy/filechooser.py ../lib/python/touchy/listing.py ../lib/python/touchy/preferences.py ../share/linuxcnc/touchy.glade ../bin/stepconf  ../lib/python/stepconf/__init__.py ../share/linuxcnc/linuxcnc-wizard.gif ../lib/python/stepconf/pages.py ../lib/python/stepconf/build_INI.py ../lib/python/stepconf/build_HAL.py ../lib/python/stepconf/import_mach.py  ../share/linuxcnc/stepconf/main_page.glade  ../share/linuxcnc/stepconf/base.glade  ../share/linuxcnc/stepconf/start.glade  ../share/linuxcnc/stepconf/pport1.glade  ../share/linuxcnc/stepconf/pport2.glade  ../share/linuxcnc/stepconf/spindle.glade  ../share/linuxcnc/stepconf/options.glade  ../share/linuxcnc/stepconf/halui_page.glade  ../share/linuxcnc/stepconf/ubuttons.glade  ../share/linuxcnc/stepconf/thcad.glade  ../share/linuxcnc/stepconf/axisx.glade  ../share/linuxcnc/stepconf/axisy.glade  ../share/linuxcnc/stepconf/axisz.glade  ../share/linuxcnc/stepconf/axisu.glade  ../share/linuxcnc/stepconf/axisv.glade  ../share/linuxcnc/stepconf/axisa.glade  ../share/linuxcnc/stepconf/finished.glade  ../bin/pncconf  ../lib/python/pncconf/__init__.py ../lib/python/pncconf/pages.py ../lib/python/pncconf/build_INI.py ../lib/python/pncconf/build_HAL.py ../lib/python/pncconf/private_data.py ../lib/python/pncconf/tests.py ../lib/python/pncconf/data.py ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/main_page.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/help.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/mesa0.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/mesa1.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/start.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/external.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/base.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/screen.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/vcp.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/ubuttons.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/thcad.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/x_axis.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/x_motor.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/y_axis.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/y_motor.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/z_axis.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/z_motor.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/a_axis.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/a_motor.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/s_motor.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/options.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/realtime.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/pport1.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/pport2.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/dialogs.glade ../share/linuxcnc/pncconf/finished.glade ../bin/gremlin ../lib/python/gremlin.py ../lib/python/qt5_graphics.py ../bin/gscreen ../lib/python/gscreen/__init__.py ../lib/python/gscreen/mdi.py ../lib/python/gscreen/emc_interface.py ../lib/python/gscreen/preferences.py ../lib/python/gscreen/keybindings.py ../share/linuxcnc/gscreen.glade ../share/linuxcnc/gscreen2.glade ../bin/pyui ../lib/python/pyui/master.py ../lib/python/pyui/widgets.py ../lib/python/pyui/__init__.py ../lib/python/pyui/commands.py ../lib/python/pyui/panelui_validate.py ../lib/python/pyui/panelui_spec.ini     ../lib/python/pyui/_panelui.ini ../bin/qtvcp ../bin/gmoccapy ../lib/python/gmoccapy/__init__.py ../lib/python/gmoccapy/dialogs.py ../lib/python/gmoccapy/getiniinfo.py ../lib/python/gmoccapy/notification.py ../lib/python/gmoccapy/player.py ../lib/python/gmoccapy/preferences.py ../lib/python/gmoccapy/widgets.py ../lib/python/gmoccapy/icon_theme_helper.py ../share/gmoccapy/gmoccapy.glade  ../bin/qtplasmac-materials ../bin/qtplasmac-plasmac2qt ../bin/qtplasmac-cfg2prefs ../bin/qtplasmac_gcode ../bin/pmx485-test ../configs/by_machine/qtplasmac/M190 ../bin/mdro ../lib/python/lineardeltakins.so ../lib/python/rotarydeltakins.so ../bin/update_ini ../lib/python/gcode.so
find ../lib/python -name '*.so' -exec rm {} +
find . -name __pycache__ | xargs -r rm -r
bash -c 'for f in `find ./ -name "cscope.*out"`;do rm $f;done'
rm -f ../include/linuxcnc.h ../include/emcIniFile.hh ../include/iniaxis.hh ../include/inijoint.hh ../include/inispindle.hh ../include/initraj.hh ../include/inihal.hh ../include/cubic.h ../include/kinematics.h ../include/switchkins.h ../include/genhexkins.h ../include/genserkins.h ../include/pentakins.h ../include/pumakins.h ../include/tc.h ../include/tc_types.h ../include/tcq.h ../include/tp.h ../include/tp_types.h ../include/spherical_arc.h ../include/blendmath.h ../include/emcmotcfg.h ../include/motion.h ../include/homing.h ../include/simple_tp.h ../include/state_tag.h ../include/usrmotintf.h ../include/canon.hh ../include/canon_position.hh ../include/emctool.h ../include/emc.hh ../include/emc_nml.hh ../include/emccfg.h ../include/emcglb.h ../include/emcpos.h ../include/emcpose.h ../include/interp_return.hh ../include/interpl.hh ../include/motion_types.h ../include/debugflags.h ../include/interp_internal.hh ../include/interp_fwd.hh ../include/interp_base.hh ../include/modal_state.hh ../include/rs274ngc.hh ../include/saicanon.hh ../include/hal.h ../include/hal_parport.h ../include/hostmot2-serial.h ../include/nyx3.h ../include/locmem.hh ../include/memsem.hh ../include/phantom.hh ../include/physmem.hh ../include/recvn.h ../include/rem_msg.hh ../include/sendn.h ../include/shmem.hh ../include/tcpmem.hh ../include/cms.hh ../include/cms_aup.hh ../include/cms_cfg.hh ../include/cms_dup.hh ../include/cms_srv.hh ../include/cms_up.hh ../include/cms_user.hh ../include/cms_xup.hh ../include/cmsdiag.hh ../include/tcp_opts.hh ../include/tcp_srv.hh ../include/inifile.h ../include/inifile.hh ../include/linklist.hh ../include/cmd_msg.hh ../include/nml.hh ../include/nml_mod.hh ../include/nml_oi.hh ../include/nml_srv.hh ../include/nml_type.hh ../include/nmldiag.hh ../include/nmlmsg.hh ../include/stat_msg.hh ../include/_sem.h ../include/sem.hh ../include/_shm.h ../include/shm.hh ../include/_timer.h ../include/timer.hh ../include/posemath.h ../include/gotypes.h ../include/gomath.h ../include/sincos.h ../include/rcs.hh ../include/rcs_exit.hh ../include/rcs_print.hh ../include/rcsversion.h ../include/rtapi.h ../include/rtapi_app.h ../include/rtapi_atomic.h ../include/rtapi_bitops.h ../include/rtapi_bool.h ../include/rtapi_byteorder.h ../include/rtapi_device.h ../include/rtapi_firmware.h ../include/rtapi_gfp.h ../include/rtapi_io.h ../include/rtapi_limits.h ../include/rtapi_list.h ../include/rtapi_math.h ../include/rtapi_math_i386.h ../include/rtapi_math64.h ../include/rtapi_mutex.h ../include/rtapi_parport.h ../include/rtapi_pci.h ../include/rtapi_slab.h ../include/rtapi_stdint.h ../include/rtapi_ctype.h ../include/rtapi_errno.h ../include/rtapi_string.h ../include/rtapi_vsnprintf.h
find . -name '*.o' |xargs rm -f
rm -rf objects
rm -f ../lib/liblinuxcncini.so ../lib/liblinuxcncini.so.0 ../bin/inivar ../lib/libposemath.so ../lib/libposemath.so.0 ../lib/libnml.so ../lib/libnml.so.0 ../bin/rtapi_app manpages ../bin/halstreamer ../bin/halsampler ../bin/panelui ../bin/mb2hal ../bin/gs2_vfd ../bin/hy_gt_vfd ../bin/svd-ps_vfd ../bin/shuttle ../bin/xhc-hb04 ../bin/sendkeys  ../bin/thermistor ../bin/vfs11_vfd ../bin/classicladder ../tcl/hal.so ../bin/halcmd ../bin/halrmt ../bin/halmeter ../bin/halscope ../bin/halcompile ../bin/elbpcom ../bin/nyxflash ../bin/nyxq ../bin/zmapload ../bin/probe2stl ../bin/stlvis ../bin/zmapview ../lib/liblinuxcnchal.so ../lib/liblinuxcnchal.so.0 ../bin/vfdb_vfd ../bin/wj200_vfd ../bin/pi500_vfd ../bin/hy_vfd ../bin/xhc-whb04b-6 ../tcl/linuxcnc.so ../bin/linuxcncrsh ../bin/schedrmt ../bin/linuxcnclcd ../bin/halui ../lib/liblinuxcnc.a ../bin/linuxcncsvr ../bin/milltask ../bin/io ../bin/iov2 ../bin/genserkins ../lib/libcanterp.so ../lib/libcanterp.so.0 ../lib/librs274.so ../lib/librs274.so.0 ../bin/rs274 ../lib/libpyplugin.so.0  ../bin/motion-logger ../bin/tool_mmap_read ../lib/libtooldata.so ../lib/libtooldata.so.0 ../bin/tool_watch ../bin/linuxcnc_module_helper  ../share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/fi/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/hu/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/nb/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/ro/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/sk/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/sr/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/vi/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/zh_HK/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/hu/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/nb/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/sk/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/sr/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/vi/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo manpages headers  ../share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/fi/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/hu/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/nb/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/ro/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/sk/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/sr/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/vi/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/zh_HK/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES/linuxcnc.mo  ../share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/hu/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/nb/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/sk/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/sr/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/vi/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  ../share/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/gmoccapy.mo  objects/cs.msg  objects/da.msg  objects/de.msg  objects/es.msg  objects/fi.msg  objects/fr.msg  objects/hu.msg  objects/it.msg  objects/ja.msg  objects/nb.msg  objects/pl.msg  objects/pt_BR.msg  objects/ro.msg  objects/ru.msg  objects/sk.msg  objects/sr.msg  objects/sv.msg  objects/vi.msg  objects/zh_CN.msg  objects/zh_HK.msg  objects/zh_TW.msg ../bin/tooledit ../bin/ngcgui ../bin/pyngcgui ../bin/gremlin_view ../bin/halshow
rm -f  ../docs/man/man9/abs.9  ../docs/man/man9/abs_s32.9  ../docs/man/man9/and2.9  ../docs/man/man9/anglejog.9  ../docs/man/man9/axistest.9  ../docs/man/man9/bin2gray.9  ../docs/man/man9/biquad.9  ../docs/man/man9/bitslice.9  ../docs/man/man9/bitwise.9  ../docs/man/man9/bldc.9  ../docs/man/man9/blend.9  ../docs/man/man9/carousel.9  ../docs/man/man9/charge_pump.9  ../docs/man/man9/clarke2.9  ../docs/man/man9/clarke3.9  ../docs/man/man9/clarkeinv.9  ../docs/man/man9/comp.9  ../docs/man/man9/constant.9  ../docs/man/man9/conv_bit_float.9  ../docs/man/man9/conv_bit_s32.9  ../docs/man/man9/conv_bit_u32.9  ../docs/man/man9/conv_float_s32.9  ../docs/man/man9/conv_float_u32.9  ../docs/man/man9/conv_s32_bit.9  ../docs/man/man9/conv_s32_float.9  ../docs/man/man9/conv_s32_u32.9  ../docs/man/man9/conv_u32_bit.9  ../docs/man/man9/conv_u32_float.9  ../docs/man/man9/conv_u32_s32.9  ../docs/man/man9/corexy_by_hal.9  ../docs/man/man9/dbounce.9  ../docs/man/man9/ddt.9  ../docs/man/man9/deadzone.9  ../docs/man/man9/demux.9  ../docs/man/man9/differential.9  ../docs/man/man9/div2.9  ../docs/man/man9/edge.9  ../docs/man/man9/eoffset_per_angle.9  ../docs/man/man9/estop_latch.9  ../docs/man/man9/fagor.9  ../docs/man/man9/feedcomp.9  ../docs/man/man9/filter_kalman.9  ../docs/man/man9/flipflop.9  ../docs/man/man9/gantry.9  ../docs/man/man9/gearchange.9  ../docs/man/man9/gray2bin.9  ../docs/man/man9/histobins.9  ../docs/man/man9/homecomp.9  ../docs/man/man9/hypot.9  ../docs/man/man9/ilowpass.9  ../docs/man/man9/integ.9  ../docs/man/man9/invert.9  ../docs/man/man9/jogpad.9  ../docs/man/man9/joyhandle.9  ../docs/man/man9/knob2float.9  ../docs/man/man9/laserpower.9  ../docs/man/man9/latencybins.9  ../docs/man/man9/limit1.9  ../docs/man/man9/limit2.9  ../docs/man/man9/limit3.9  ../docs/man/man9/lincurve.9  ../docs/man/man9/logic.9  ../docs/man/man9/lowpass.9  ../docs/man/man9/lut5.9  ../docs/man/man9/magazine.9  ../docs/man/man9/maj3.9  ../docs/man/man9/match8.9  ../docs/man/man9/matrixkins.9  ../docs/man/man9/max31855.9  ../docs/man/man9/mdssp.9  ../docs/man/man9/mesa_pktgyro_test.9  ../docs/man/man9/message.9  ../docs/man/man9/millturn.9  ../docs/man/man9/minmax.9  ../docs/man/man9/moveoff.9  ../docs/man/man9/mult2.9  ../docs/man/man9/multiclick.9  ../docs/man/man9/multiswitch.9  ../docs/man/man9/mux16.9  ../docs/man/man9/mux2.9  ../docs/man/man9/mux4.9  ../docs/man/man9/mux8.9  ../docs/man/man9/near.9  ../docs/man/man9/nist.9  ../docs/man/man9/not.9  ../docs/man/man9/offset.9  ../docs/man/man9/ohmic.9  ../docs/man/man9/oneshot.9  ../docs/man/man9/or2.9  ../docs/man/man9/orient.9  ../docs/man/man9/passthru.9  ../docs/man/man9/plasmac.9  ../docs/man/man9/plotoffsets.9  ../docs/man/man9/probemux.9  ../docs/man/man9/raster.9  ../docs/man/man9/reset.9  ../docs/man/man9/sample_hold.9  ../docs/man/man9/scale.9  ../docs/man/man9/scaled_s32_sums.9  ../docs/man/man9/select8.9  ../docs/man/man9/sim_axis_hardware.9  ../docs/man/man9/sim_home_switch.9  ../docs/man/man9/sim_matrix_kb.9  ../docs/man/man9/sim_parport.9  ../docs/man/man9/sim_spindle.9  ../docs/man/man9/simple_tp.9  ../docs/man/man9/sphereprobe.9  ../docs/man/man9/spindle.9  ../docs/man/man9/spindle_monitor.9  ../docs/man/man9/steptest.9  ../docs/man/man9/sum2.9  ../docs/man/man9/tangent.9  ../docs/man/man9/thc.9  ../docs/man/man9/thcud.9  ../docs/man/man9/threadtest.9  ../docs/man/man9/time.9  ../docs/man/man9/timedelay.9  ../docs/man/man9/timedelta.9  ../docs/man/man9/tof.9  ../docs/man/man9/toggle.9  ../docs/man/man9/toggle2.9  ../docs/man/man9/toggle2nist.9  ../docs/man/man9/ton.9  ../docs/man/man9/tp.9  ../docs/man/man9/tristate_bit.9  ../docs/man/man9/tristate_float.9  ../docs/man/man9/updown.9  ../docs/man/man9/userkins.9  ../docs/man/man9/wcomp.9  ../docs/man/man9/xhc_hb04_util.9  ../docs/man/man9/xor2.9  ../docs/man/man9/yop.9 ../docs/man/man9/tpcomp.9  ../docs/man/man9/serport.9  ../docs/man/man9/mesa_7i65.9  ../docs/man/man9/mesa_uart.9  ../docs/man/man9/nyx.9  ../docs/man/man1/thermistor.1 ../docs/man/man1/wj200_vfd.1 ../docs/man/man1/pi500_vfd.1 ../docs/man/man1/linuxcnc.1  ../docs/man/man1/halstreamer.1  ../docs/man/man1/hy_gt_vfd.1  ../docs/man/man1/sendkeys.1  ../docs/man/man1/svd-ps_vfd.1  ../docs/man/man1/xhc-whb04b-6.1  ../docs/man/man9/streamer.9  ../docs/man/man1/halstreamer.1  ../docs/man/man1/hy_gt_vfd.1  ../docs/man/man1/sendkeys.1  ../docs/man/man1/svd-ps_vfd.1  ../docs/man/man1/xhc-whb04b-6.1  ../docs/man/man9/streamer.9
rm -f ../rtlib/*..so
rm -f hal/components/conv_*.comp
rm -rf depends
find -name '.*.cmd' -or -name '*.ko' -or -name '*.mod.c' -or -name '*.mod.o' | xargs rm -f
rm -rf .tmp_versions
find . -name .tmp_versions |xargs rm -rf
rm -f ../rtlib/*.ko
rm -f ../rtlib/*.so

as you can see I got syntax error in first line

After that I did "sudo make -j4" and I am getting following errors:

Reading 0/114 realtime dependency files
Creating mesa_uart.mak
Creating mesa_7i65.mak
Creating serport.mak
Creating yop.mak
Creating xor2.mak
Creating xhc_hb04_util.mak
Creating wcomp.mak
Creating userkins.mak
Creating updown.mak
Creating tristate_float.mak
Creating tristate_bit.mak
Creating ton.mak
Creating toggle2nist.mak
Creating tp.mak
Creating toggle2.mak
Creating toggle.mak
Creating tof.mak
Creating timedelta.mak
Creating timedelay.mak
Creating time.mak
Creating threadtest.mak
Creating thcud.mak
Creating thc.mak
Creating tangent.mak
Creating sum2.mak
Creating steptest.mak
Creating spindle_monitor.mak
Creating spindle.mak
Creating sphereprobe.mak
Creating simple_tp.mak
Creating sim_spindle.mak
Creating sim_parport.mak
Creating sim_matrix_kb.mak
Creating sim_home_switch.mak
Creating sim_axis_hardware.mak
Creating select8.mak
Creating scaled_s32_sums.mak
Creating scale.mak
Creating sample_hold.mak
Creating reset.mak
Creating raster.mak
Creating probemux.mak
Creating plotoffsets.mak
Creating plasmac.mak
Creating passthru.mak
Creating orient.mak
Creating or2.mak
Creating oneshot.mak
Creating ohmic.mak
Creating offset.mak
Creating not.mak
Creating nist.mak
Creating near.mak
Creating mux8.mak
Creating mux4.mak
Creating mux2.mak
Creating mux16.mak
Creating multiswitch.mak
Creating multiclick.mak
Creating mult2.mak
Creating moveoff.mak
Creating minmax.mak
Creating millturn.mak
Creating message.mak
Creating mesa_pktgyro_test.mak
Creating mdssp.mak
Creating max31855.mak
Creating matrixkins.mak
Creating match8.mak
Creating maj3.mak
Creating magazine.mak
Creating lut5.mak
Creating lowpass.mak
Creating logic.mak
Creating lincurve.mak
Creating limit3.mak
Creating limit2.mak
Creating limit1.mak
Creating latencybins.mak
Creating laserpower.mak
Creating knob2float.mak
Creating joyhandle.mak
Creating jogpad.mak
Creating invert.mak
Creating integ.mak
Creating ilowpass.mak
Creating hypot.mak
Creating homecomp.mak
Creating histobins.mak
Creating gray2bin.mak
Creating gearchange.mak
Creating gantry.mak
Creating flipflop.mak
Creating filter_kalman.mak
Creating feedcomp.mak
Creating fagor.mak
Creating estop_latch.mak
Creating eoffset_per_angle.mak
Creating edge.mak
Creating div2.mak
Creating differential.mak
Creating demux.mak
Creating deadzone.mak
Creating ddt.mak
Creating dbounce.mak
Creating corexy_by_hal.mak
converting conv for conv_u32_s32.comp
converting conv for conv_u32_float.comp
converting conv for conv_u32_bit.comp
converting conv for conv_s32_u32.comp
converting conv for conv_s32_float.comp
converting conv for conv_s32_bit.comp
converting conv for conv_float_u32.comp
converting conv for conv_float_s32.comp
converting conv for conv_bit_u32.comp
converting conv for conv_bit_s32.comp
converting conv for conv_bit_float.comp
Creating constant.mak
Creating comp.mak
Creating clarkeinv.mak
Creating clarke3.mak
Creating clarke2.mak
Creating charge_pump.mak
Creating carousel.mak
Creating blend.mak
Creating bldc.mak
Creating bitwise.mak
Creating bitslice.mak
Creating biquad.mak
Creating bin2gray.mak
Creating axistest.mak
Creating anglejog.mak
Creating and2.mak
Creating abs_s32.mak
Creating abs.mak
Creating conv_u32_s32.mak
Creating conv_u32_float.mak
Creating conv_u32_bit.mak
Creating conv_s32_u32.mak
Creating conv_s32_float.mak
Creating conv_s32_bit.mak
Creating conv_float_u32.mak
Creating conv_float_s32.mak
Creating conv_bit_u32.mak
Creating conv_bit_s32.mak
Creating conv_bit_float.mak
Copying test input hal/components/lincurve.comp
Copying test input hal/components/logic.comp
Copying test input hal/components/bitslice.comp
sed hal/drivers/mesa_uart.comp -e "1 s/mesa_uart/mesa_uart_test/" > ../tests/halcompile/serial-out-of-tree/mesa_uart_test.comp
sed ../docs/src/hal/rand.comp -e "1 s/rand/rand_test/" > ../tests/halcompile/userspace/rand_test.comp
cp ../scripts/rtapi.conf ../tests/uspace/spawnv-root/rtapi.conf
Compiling libnml/inifile/inifile.cc
Compiling libnml/inifile/inivar.cc
Compiling libnml/posemath/_posemath.c
Compiling libnml/posemath/posemath.cc
make: *** [Makefile:286: objects/libnml/inifile/inifile.o] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [Makefile:285: objects/libnml/inifile/inivar.o] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:278: objects/libnml/posemath/_posemath.o] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:286: objects/libnml/posemath/posemath.o] Error 2

I don't know why it is still giving the error

Regards
Abhishek

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds