Ethercat with EL6751 CanOpen Master and JAT Servo Drives

More
23 May 2020 08:08 #168658 by purged
Just a quick follow-up to my attempt at controlling ESTUN servo drives via CANopen:
I think it's not possible with LinuxCNC and Beckhoff EL6751. The drives have volatile parameters like mode of operation. I would have to configure it to 'position mode' at every start. That'd be done via SDO which Beckhoff only allows via their proprietary AoE mailbox system, which is not implemented in etherlabmaster. So next I'll probably try and talk to the drives directly with a CAN transceiver. Beaglebone Black has 2 of those on board. I don't think there's a hal driver / component for such a setup tho, so it might be too much work for me at the moment. Back to good ol' step / direction :pinch: :pinch: :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2021 17:30 #194158 by JimPanski
Hi guys,

it has been a while since I could go on try an error this neverending story.
Has anyone else come further with his setup?
I couldn´t get my EL6751 to OP in linux. In Twincat3 everything is functional so far.

Also I wanted to try settings like in this document (page16 -mdp mapping) EL6751_Configuration.pdf
But the thing is: as soon as I scan boxes in TC the "ethercat" tab on the CANopen device goes away. So I am not sure if this is the right direction :/

At the moment I tried even an empty config with no luck (see attachments) :( This works in TC3 with the EL6751 in OP :(
Attachments:

More
02 Mar 2021 21:18 #200828 by JimPanski
For all who may were interested in this topic: it works now!

It is really important to have at least FW13 on your EL6751 device, so that you can use the mdp settings like in the pdf mentioned last post!
Thank you so much plopes for helping me out whith that! Also much thanks to chimeno!

Greetz
Conny

More
10 Jun 2021 06:55 #211671 by Columbo
Hello Conny,

thank you for discussion this topic! I'm very interested in your procedure to use LinuxCNC with an EL6751 to drive CANopen Servo Drives.

Are you german?

Greetings
Columbo

More
18 Oct 2021 18:57 - 18 Oct 2021 19:56 #223487 by Sviper
Hello JimPanski

please share the config File for the EL6751 for the JAT Servo Drives.
Can you post your last Twincat Projekt and the xml for Linuxcnc?
I have 4 Ecovario 414 maybe I can drive my cnc with linuxcnc over ethercat and CanOpen.

Are you german?

Greetings
Steffen
Last edit: 18 Oct 2021 19:56 by Sviper.

More
01 Nov 2021 08:30 #224855 by Sviper

Hi @JimPanski
This device is not configured in linuxcnc-ethercat, you will have to create using the generic one, I will attach a configuration finalizing EL6751, first you have to send the configuration and then load the PDOs, I hope it helps you.

regards
Chimeno

Hello chimeno,

would you help me? I would also drive JAT Ecovario servodrives using the EL6751.
Do you have the latest data from JimPanski?
Unfortunately it does not work with the XML attached here.

Regards sviper

More
01 Nov 2021 09:24 #224860 by db1981
Hello,

can you descripe what in detail is not working?
Do you have an working Twincat Configuration?

und schau mal hier nach : forum.linuxcnc.org/42-deutsch/43027-prob...on-ethercat?start=10
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sviper

More
01 Nov 2021 11:38 #224867 by Sviper

Hello,

can you descripe what in detail is not working?
Do you have an working Twincat Configuration?

und schau mal hier nach : forum.linuxcnc.org/42-deutsch/43027-prob...on-ethercat?start=10

Helle db1981,

I'll try to put everything together tonight and post it in the German thread.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds