Wago 750-354 EtherCat FC and IO modules

More
25 Dec 2022 14:07 #260279 by bobiyu
Hello!
First of all I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

about timing and datagramms timeout errors, i would fist check this on an real machine. We never got proper results in vm's.

I did ran the test setup on a real hardware and there's still no positive results. The coupler stays in PREOP with raised error flag.
I have attached the dmesg output in this post.

Wishing you happy holidays and a prosperous new year 2023.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2023 11:34 - 06 Jan 2023 11:37 #261078 by bobiyu
Hello,First of all I would like to greet everyone in the new year and wish you health, luck and success in all endeavors!I want to inform you that there is some positive progress. I managed to get the coupler to get from PREOP to OP state.I reinstalled the official LinuxCNC ISO, then I built and installed EtherCAT Master using sittner's ec-debianize tool and some tweaks from [url=https://forum.linuxcnc.org/ethercat/45336-ethercat-installation-from-repositories-how-to-step-by-step
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Jan 2023 11:37 by bobiyu. Reason: wrong file

More
06 Jan 2023 22:20 #261133 by rodw
The following user(s) said Thank You: bobiyu

More
18 Jan 2023 20:14 #262365 by bobiyu
rodw, thank you for correcting my mistake. I would like to ask you if you could help me in that quest. I think I have mentioned some details on the wall I’m currently facing in the previous post, but I don’t see it. Maybe it disappeared after you fixed the broken link.The last change I made to my configuration was I changed the refClockSyncCycles="1" to refClockSyncCycles="10000" and included the Mailbox initCmd file that db1981 provided.I’m trying to figure things out, but unfortunately there are no good examples available. I would like to know how I can generate the initCmds. I guess they are generated by TwinCAT but some step-through instructions on either TwinCAT 2 or 3 would be greatly appreciated. I have never used Beckhoff software in my life and having a good starting point would be very helpful.I have used EtherCAT before, but on the more high-abstraction level – just doing small tweaks to already made systems. I’m building a machine from scratch, and I have decided to use EtherCAT as it’s very simple to wire and is very robust. I’m aware that it’s not going to be just plug and play, but I will learn as I go.
All help is much appreciated.

More
19 Jan 2023 08:48 #262393 by rodw
I can't help. I've never used twincat in my life!
Any custom xml I've done I've worked out with ethercat pdos

More
19 Jan 2023 10:05 #262400 by bobiyu
Thank you for the reply, rodw!
I guess I have to figure it own, somehow.I was wondering if there are any examples on how to setup Delta MS300 VFD and CMM-EC02 EtherCAT interfacing board to control HDS ES951 electric spindle? I did a lot of digging but I didn’t manage to find anything –a sample configuration, steps to follow, nothing. As far as I can see there is an LCEC driver for this device but without sample setup it’s just a piece of well written C code.I guess it might be appropriate to start a new topic but my local Delta dealer made me quite a good offer on their EtherCAT remote coupler R1-EC5500 and IO terminals. I like the modularity the offer and a big plus is that some of the terminals are readily available. From what I can see in the XML ESI file they provide it should be very straight forward to set it up. It might be just a matter of tweaking the EK1100 and EL1xxx drivers from LCEC repo.I really don’t want to spend so much time trying to port something that might not work. I’m by no means an expert in EtherCAT. The best I can do is do research, but everything is close-sourced and is not newbie friendly, even if you want to learn. Reading documentation is not a problem for me as I’m a software engineer but the lack of sensible information is a bit discouraging.Best regards!

More
19 Jan 2023 10:57 #262402 by db1981
I have written the driver for the ms300, it is in the official repo.
Most of the pins are for advanced use... For simple Lcnc use you only need to connet the enable pin and the "vel-rpm-cmd" pin (speed cmd in rpm) .

But be aware there are many delta ec02 with an faulty SII Eeprom out there...
So i had to overwrite the initial eeprom readout from etherlabmaster.

More
19 Jan 2023 11:57 #262405 by bobiyu
db1981, thank you for the information on the MS300. I’ll bear that in mind when I’m testing the connection. I think I will figure out how to make the spindle connection in HAL.I would like to do one thing at a time. First, I’d like to see if the 750-354 Coupler is going to work properly. If not, I will be searching for other alternatives. I provided details in my previous post, but I guess that after the edit from rodw the description of the behavior of the coupler vanished.I managed to make the coupler connect to LCNC and LCEC. The only thing that is missing right now is the proper HAL pin reding. When I apply 24V to one of the inputs I see change in`fc-diag-control-word` PDO. I tried toggling some of the outputs without success. Maybe there is something wring with the pin mapping or there are probably some missing initCmd’s.

More
19 Jan 2023 12:23 #262407 by rodw
I had a look at the CMM-EC02 EtherCAT interfacing board .
Its a standard CIA402 device so can be hooked up with Domincs component if homing and the like are required.
I reckon i could nearly write a generic xml driver for it in a morning.

I would connect it to an ethercat master on its own and type ethercat pdos > pdos.txt and it should report all of its settings to a text file as per the Delta manual and you will be set. 

There are two xml files I wrote with one other person here github.com/rodw-au/linuxcnc-cia402

the diewu one is for a simple chinese IO module and we had no manual at all. I did it quickly and Matt with no background was able to recreate it.
Slave 3 in the ethercat one had a  manual and we worked with it and the pdo output

HINT Slaves 0-2 will show you how to do the status word etc that turn the device on with linuxcnc.

More
19 Jan 2023 13:29 #262413 by bobiyu
Thank you, rodw!
This seems very helpful. I will give it a try this weekend as I’m a bit busy right now.
Best regards!

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds