New LinuxCNC-Ethercat git tree

More
05 Feb 2024 19:45 #292559 by scottlaird
Thanks! I'm not sure if I'm missing anything substantial right now, other than maybe some of the EL5xxx encoder modules, but they're rare and expensive. You can see my current test hardware XML in Github , plus I have a few other things kicking around.

I have a backlog of a few different Beckhoff modules that I have but don't have drivers, you can see Github issues for them .  I'll probably go through those once I finish the CiA 402 work that I've been doing for the past week or two.

If there's anything specific that you (or anyone!) want to see supported, please open a bug in Github.  It's a lot easier to produce drivers if I have the hardware on hand, of course.  For people without Github accounts, feel free to mention something here and I'll try to create a bug eventually.  I'd rather work on drivers for hardware that people actually want rather than random code that no one may ever use. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, 0x2102, besriworld, CORBETT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2024 20:03 #292568 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic New LinuxCNC-Ethercat git tree
@Coebett
With this stupid forum editor I recommend that you write your complicated long post in a text editor off line then when updates are required update the text file before pasting into the forum.
I keep my ethercat instructions in google drive. :)

It is amazing what @Scott has done now. I am looking forward to seeing his CIA402 drive for the ECT60.
Then the only thing missing will be a Homing component for CIA402 to complete the collection!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, besriworld, CORBETT

More
06 Feb 2024 20:56 #292684 by medicusdkfz
From rodw: „It is amazing what @Scott has done now. I am looking forward to seeing his CIA402 drive for the ECT60.
Then the only thing missing will be a Homing component for CIA402 to complete the collection!“

Absolute agreement… Thank you Scott! Excellent job…
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, besriworld

More
07 Feb 2024 15:28 #292748 by scottlaird
Ah, the dreaded Yaskawa problem.

I'm not sure how difficult that would be. It's deeper in the EtherCAT stack than I've really ventured so far.

I just filed github.com/linuxcnc-ethercat/linuxcnc-ethercat/issues/287 for this. If someone has a link to fdarling's sample code from github.com/sittner/linuxcnc-ethercat/iss...uecomment-1695503270, it'd probably be fairly helpful.

I'll keep an eye on this for now, but I want to finish the current round of CiA 402 work and make it through my backlog of Beckhoff devices before I pick up another big project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, CORBETT, RDA

More
13 Feb 2024 04:32 #293191 by CORBETT
@ Scott Laird

Replied by  scottlaird  on topic  New LinuxCNC-Ethercat git tree
Thanks! I'm not sure if I'm missing anything substantial right now, other than maybe some of the EL5xxx encoder modules, but they're rare and expensive.

Ok when you are past the CiA 402 work and ready for them, let me know and I will send you a EL5101 & EL5151.   Email me when you are ready.

Also, for the future, as (RDA) has pointed out about the Yaskawa LRW problem, I think the link you are looking for is in this thread for (fdarling)’s code.  He attached it as a tarball.   (RDA) posted to (fdarling) a few days ago about the code.
Ethercat protocol not responding - Page 5 - LinuxCNC

(RDA) offered to send Dominik Braun a Yaskawa Sigma7 setup, and I saw where he posted that he would also do the same for you.  I have the Sigma 5’s and I am also more than willing to send you a complete setup when I send you the EL5101 & EL5151.  Let me or (RDA) know if you want a setup, his would be newer though (7's).

Once again, Super Thanks for all the help with this!!!  @ Rod Webster
Replied by  rodw  on topic  New LinuxCNC-Ethercat git tree
@Coebett
With this stupid forum editor I recommend that you write your complicated long post in a text editor off line then when updates are required update the text file before pasting into the forum.
I keep my ethercat instructions in google drive. 

Rod, yeah your right about the forum editor!!! 

Yep yep, I use a simple text editor and then copy/paste.   I keep a backup in the computer and send a copy of the .txt to my email.  Still a lot of tweaking to get it somewhat right for the forum though.  I rarely post, so I’m not a Pro like you are 
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, rodw

More
09 Mar 2024 16:44 - 09 Mar 2024 16:45 #295523 by jjdege
Hi Scottlaird
I wanted to point out: after the latest update 1.26.0.g89133c2-0
LCNC goes error,

something happened...
bye thank you
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Mar 2024 16:45 by jjdege.

More
09 Mar 2024 17:57 #295528 by scottlaird
Sorry about that; there was a typo in 1.26.0 that was fixed almost immediately in 1.26.1, but (somehow) that didn't produce a new .deb release. 1.26.2 should be out now with the fix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: besriworld, jjdege

More
07 Apr 2024 10:31 #297742 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic New LinuxCNC-Ethercat git tree
Hi Scott and the team. I just wanted to draw attention to a cia402 homing component I made a start on per this thread
forum.linuxcnc.org/ethercat/52272-cia402-homing-module-a-start
And this repo
github.com/rodw-au/cia402_homecomp
Please discuss on the other thread.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds