Spindle config EtherCAT

More
06 Feb 2024 07:48 #292633 by GuiHue
Replied by GuiHue on topic Spindle config EtherCAT
@scottlaird: The MX2 (Omron) and WJ200 (Hitachi) are great VFDs, well liked with the linuxcnc community due to the wj200 comp that deals with the rs485 connection. Both VFDs do not come with an EtherCAT Interface. This is a quite costly addon.
I have a WJ-ECT at my disposal, but cannot test it yet as I only have one matching VFD and spindle on hand and that is still in use.

I guess I can do the testing soonish if necessary.

@eduard
The mux2 cannot be found in halshow? Have you tried the search bar? They appear to be laded to the servo-thread. They should appear.
What exactly is not working?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2024 15:53 #292663 by scottlaird
Replied by scottlaird on topic Spindle config EtherCAT
It looks like the EtherCAT addon for the MX2 is all over eBay right now for <$100, and tiny MX2s aren't much more expensive. Probably more than I want to spend on test hardware, but maybe if I can find a 2.2kW unit for a reasonable price it'd be worth picking one up.

More
06 Feb 2024 19:44 #292677 by scottlaird
Replied by scottlaird on topic Spindle config EtherCAT
Huh. I need to stay from late-night eBay. Apparently I have a 2.2 kW single-phase MX2 (possibly with Ethercat?) on the way, for about what I'd expect to pay for shipping on a new one. The picture shows the Ethercat module but the text is ambiguous.

Mind you, my test hardware is all 120V, and I don't own a spindle to connect to it. Which means that it'll need to live near my CNC for now, and I'll need to pick up the cheapest possible spindle for development work. The low end of spindles on Amazon is amazingly low, especially if I'm not planning on actually milling with it. Then I'll pick up something nice with ATC once I'm really ready to use it later this year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GuiHue

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds