How to monitor OP mode in Panasonic A6B Ethercat

More
16 Feb 2024 18:00 #293533 by marq_torque
Yes, I'm trying to understand xml file parameters. I'm checking with this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2024 18:00 #293534 by scottlaird
For what it's worth, "parallel port" means something very different in this context. It's the 25-pin connector used to talk to pre-USB printers. Once upon a time, it was also the most common (only?) way for LinuxCNC to talk to CNC hardware. It's kind of the opposite end of the spectrum from EtherCAT.

You're saying that your Panasonic A6B is connected directly to the motherboard's Ethernet port?

More
17 Feb 2024 05:00 #293579 by rodw

For what it's worth, "parallel port" means something very different in this context. It's the 25-pin connector used to talk to pre-USB printers. 

Pre-USB???? Surely Pre-ethernet is a better benchmark. Never buy a USB printer.. Insist on an ethernet port. :)
I'll take my old digital document production hat off now!

More
19 Feb 2024 23:54 #293810 by zmrdko
I have had similar issues when trying EtherCAT on new Raspberry Pi 5 running faster servo threads.
You can try pcie ethernet card with intel chip and then change master device 0  MAC address and generic driver for igb/igc/e1000e or similar in ethercat.conf - depending on you ethernet controller driver. It might be an issue with onboard ethernet controller.
On my dell optiplexes onboard ethernet results in pings 0.300ms and pcie ethernet around 0.080ms, which makes a difference.

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds