Ethercat PDO/SDO Configuration error

More
13 Feb 2024 21:17 #293263 by jc2ktr
Hello, I'm currently trying to get my Rexroth HCS01 servo controller to work with Ethercat COE.

I was also able to create a generic XML.

File Attachment:

File Name: ethercat_coe.xml
File Size:5 KB

but unfortunately my init configuration does not work as desired.
the init.xml was first created from dbraun1981 in this thread
ethercat-hal-driver page 112

File Attachment:

File Name: hcs01_coe_init.xml
File Size:3 KB

when i start my Machine this error messages are appearing.

i don´t understand why it is not working anymore?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2024 02:06 #293288 by scottlaird
When did it last work, and what's changed since then? Did you upgrade the linuxcnc-ethercat software since it last worked? Have the XML files changed?

Can you exit LinuxCNC, run `sudo dmesg -C`, restart LinuxCNC, and then share what `sudo dmesg` says?

More
14 Feb 2024 05:50 - 14 Feb 2024 21:14 #293297 by jc2ktr

When did it last work, and what's changed since then? Did you upgrade the linuxcnc-ethercat software since it last worked? Have the XML files changed?

Can you exit LinuxCNC, run `sudo dmesg -C`, restart LinuxCNC, and then share what `sudo dmesg` says?

Hi thanks for the quick reply, i got the output of sudo dmesg -C this is the section with the Ethercat output, i put the complete .txt as attachment.

The last time it worked was in 2021 and yes since then a new computer/hardware was needed and a complete fresh Linuxcnc/ethercat install was done, but the machine configuration is nearly the same.

But as i got my scaling at that time not tuned to move the right distances i  discarded the EtherCAT COE Setup and Configured the Drives with EtherCAT SOE, but this was never reliable enough. and had  often bus failures.

I´ve updated the Drives Firmware today to FWA-INDRV_-MPB-21V16-D5_FD
and updated the EtherCAT Master to EtherCAT: Master driver 1.5.2 1.5.2.429.g3079ece-1+378.1

- Sven

Warning: Spoiler!

File Attachment:

File Name: cstruct_14022024.txt
File Size:0 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: dmesg_2024-02-14.txt
File Size:90 KB

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Feb 2024 21:14 by jc2ktr. Reason: added text

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds