Marco Reps video on youtube about EtherCAT

More
25 Feb 2024 23:08 #294454 by tommylight
The following user(s) said Thank You: scottlaird

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2024 23:15 #294457 by tommylight
Rod, you got mentioned at around 11th minute run time.
:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
25 Feb 2024 23:21 #294460 by scottlaird
I'm having a hard time getting past his laser cutter that's cutting steel in the open air with no obvious safety gear, and even seems to be idling in the background while he's doing work in the foreground.

Half of me is like "wow, how do I get one of those" and the other half is terrified and glad that I have an ocean between his laser and my eyes. And skin. And floor. And walls.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, rodw

More
25 Feb 2024 23:28 #294462 by tommylight
Oh i do not worry about him, he is very good at whatever he does and freely admits mistakes and f@k ups!
I respect that, a lot.

More
25 Feb 2024 23:29 #294463 by scottlaird
Oooh, he's done work on CiA 402 homing modes? I may have to steal that next month.

More
25 Feb 2024 23:31 #294465 by tommylight

Oooh, he's done work on CiA 402 homing modes? I may have to steal that next month.

Did you just say that out loud?
:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: scottlaird

More
25 Feb 2024 23:42 - 25 Feb 2024 23:43 #294469 by scottlaird
Heh. Yeah, well, it's open source and we give credit. "steal" might be overstating things.

I'm curious how long it'll take him to throw an EtherCAT module in the MX2. That plus maybe a pair of RJ45<->fiber converters would completely eliminate his EMI problem. My MX2 EtherCAT board is due tomorrow, but I'm running low on time to get VFD "vl" mode working before I spend a big chunk of March on airplanes.

Also, I'm curious if his 1000 Hz MX2 can do vector mode at > 400 Hz, or if it's just V/F.
Last edit: 25 Feb 2024 23:43 by scottlaird.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
26 Feb 2024 00:03 #294472 by tommylight

Also, I'm curious if his 1000 Hz MX2 can do vector mode at > 400 Hz, or if it's just V/F.

No idea, it's been quite some time since i messed with VFD's, time, i have 2 collecting dust in the shop, one has RS485 and i have 2 of USB to RS485 dongles dangling somewhere. Had another one with vector mode up to 400Hz but got drenched in coolant fluid when i gave it to some friends :(
But he has another video just for that spindle and control box so might be more info there. And another visiting the factory, i think.

More
26 Feb 2024 10:05 #294490 by rodw

I'll have to steal your code the following month!
I started on this soon after the homemod was released  but then Dewey rewrote the interface so it was obsoleted.
github.com/rodw-au/ciahome
My intent was to move all of the cia402 pins from Dominic's component into joint pins. I'm not sure if that was the right approach...
My bitmapped structs might be of interest. By utilising  a union, we can publish both the status word and its bitmapped pins which makes the code more readable....
github.com/rodw-au/ciahome/blob/main/ciahome.comp#L144

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds