LinuxCNC Features - a kind of NGCGUI

More
06 Aug 2013 21:55 #37450 by pacoblasco
Problems after installing linuxcnc-dev
I0ve installed the package "linuxcnc-dev", and after that, the "features" left work. Had it happened to you before or is it a new problem I'm having?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2013 01:24 #37456 by Nick
I have not heard aout any problems with linuxcnc-dev. Try to check the files that are mentioned in README, posibbly they were overwritten by -dev, or by any update...

More
07 Aug 2013 01:27 #37457 by pacoblasco
I will try. Anyway, I had created another linuxcnc virtual machine for developing purposes only. Just now I have my XHC-HB04 with a modified driver...and running start/pause/resume/stop, probe-z, ....
And your Features are becoming fundamental for my work :blush:
I will keep you informed

More
17 Aug 2013 14:47 #37776 by DaBit
I downloaded it and tried Features on my linuxcnc virtual machine. First impression: Nice!
Still didn't figure out how to drop features into the 'items' container of a circular array though.

More
19 Aug 2013 17:25 #37836 by Nick
There's a button top right and second right (icons are taken from indent/unindent). So indent works as grouping a feature will be included into a group which is exactly under itself in the features tree.

So put your feature right above Array and press "indent".
To move feature out - press unindent.

Also when Featuren not included into axis interface Drag/drop could work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mchism7

More
16 Dec 2013 22:50 #41644 by mchism7
:laugh:

Hi Nick :D

I have been trying to get your lathe subroutines to work yet I am having a lot of command errors, could you perhaps help me through the process? I know you have insturctions on the git site, yet I am very new to linux and some of the instructions I simply don't understand. I remember you mentioning you want people to test the functions, well I have 2 industrial lathes that I would like to test these functions on. I also e-mailed you a few times through your youtube channel.

Thank you

Mike

More
03 Feb 2014 09:40 #43473 by craig
I tried to get it working also, I could get it sort of working in the standalone mode but never embedded in Axis.
Hopefully someone will write a howto or something, this is a great add in I'd like to use.

More
11 Feb 2014 18:36 #43747 by Nick

Hi Nick

I have been trying to get your lathe subroutines to work yet I am having a lot of command errors, could you perhaps help me through the process? I know you have insturctions on the git site, yet I am very new to linux and some of the instructions I simply don't understand. I remember you mentioning you want people to test the functions, well I have 2 industrial lathes that I would like to test these functions on. I also e-mailed you a few times through your youtube channel.

Thank you

Mike

Hi Mke,
Sorry for late answer! I've was to short of time, so I had to pause any work on Features.
What kind of errors did you get? What was the main problem?

I tried to get it working also, I could get it sort of working in the standalone mode but never embedded in Axis.
Hopefully someone will write a howto or something, this is a great add in I'd like to use.

Have you tried installing instructions from the readme.md? (here at the bottom: github.com/cnc-club/linuxcnc-features)
What version of linuxcnc are you using?

More
11 Feb 2014 23:05 - 12 Feb 2014 04:39 #43761 by craig
Hi Nick,

Thanks for all your hard work, I did follow those instructions but I did have trouble interpreting a few things.
but I've tried to reinstall and have gotten farther.

I'll post the error output when I get back to that PC.

I'm using the latest buildbot 2.6 on 10.04 LTS

Thanks again for the great work

Craig
Last edit: 12 Feb 2014 04:39 by craig. Reason: took another try

More
12 Feb 2014 13:31 #43794 by Nick

I'm using the latest buildbot 2.6 on 10.04 LTS

that should be fine...

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds