Tormach Plasma

More
29 Nov 2019 23:13 #151535 by smgvbest
Replied by smgvbest on topic Tormach Plasma
I want to point out a couple of things once again.

@Vmax549 PP does not limit you in the usage of int(). the call to LinuxCNC is placing that limit on you. PP is just written in python. python supports int() as a builtin function.

@rodw PP is not proprietary, PP is open source, you can get it from tormach. all the source, linuxcnc and the PP gui.

allot of people come here looking for PP and end up moving to Axis or other GUI. if you look at it that way it's brought many people who would still be using Mach3/4 to linuxCNC

maybe we should treat it that way instead of making non factual statements about PP (this is not directed at anyone in this thread, it's a general statement)

Tormach has responded to me that if I wanted to publish thier source on github I could, they would prefer I not but it's all opensource they acknowledged. they can't stop anyone from doing so.

they recommend user not try to make PP work in thier cases but instead work on a GUI that supports everything they need.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 00:23 #151542 by Vmax549
Replied by Vmax549 on topic Tormach Plasma
(;-) Int() will not work with anything related to Gcode in PP as teh gcode side of PP only uses Float values. It is stated in teh manual. IF you had read on you would have found I said that as I had to use teh int() from teh Python side to make the function work properly.

IF Tormach did not mean for anyone else to use their controller they picked a very bad controller to work with . Like they said it is open source. ALSO Tormach is NOT a control software company they are a hardware company that uses an open source controller to sell their hardware . They COULD have easily picked a commercial controller to use with their hardware and not have to worry IF someone used their controller on a NON tormach machine. That is teh way the big boys play the game. They sell hardware not software.

Just a thought(;-) TP

More
30 Nov 2019 01:00 #151549 by smgvbest
Replied by smgvbest on topic Tormach Plasma
@Vmax549, I posted the int() comment to the wrong thread, my apologies on that.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds