Kerf Crossing / Anti Dive

More
24 May 2019 00:55 - 24 May 2019 01:08 #134760 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Kerf Crossing / Anti Dive
Tommy,

Attached i have a machine that used to be at Catterpiller. Do you have some plan's for this machine?

I got your last mail. See reply.

Another problem I have to live with here is nobody wants to pay for new stuff
They will pay around 5000 to 35000 for a new plasma machine, depending on the company.
I sold a big one to Servie for around 28000. It has a xp40 and TD autocut 200 and a rotary on side.

This day's the top marked is cheap plasma or milling machine's 1x1m or 1x2m or 1.5x3m with high end interfacing such as linuxcnc 64 bit ethercat with draftsight 2019 and freecad 3d, inkscape, etc.

This makes all thing's different. Window's systems are played far out of the game so far i experience the last weeks. I win time to time from swiftcut. They sell over 500 machine's a year. But for how long if we play the game good?
Last edit: 24 May 2019 01:08 by Grotius.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2019 01:42 #134765 by tommylight

Tommy,

Attached i have a machine that used to be at Catterpiller. Do you have some plan's for this machine?

Unfortunately no I do not. Last year I threw a much bigger one, to heavy, to slow, friction drive on main axis so it would slip at mild speeds, so to much trouble to get anything useful. I did make it work and it worked OK for cutting 10 to 60mm thick with acetylene but could not be used for thin materials so it had to be discarded after only 2 year of use. Now they have the one I mentioned here with 2 z axis, one for plasma and one for acetylene and has 4X2 meter cut area.
Thnx for everything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds