Feature Request

More
28 Jul 2020 00:34 - 28 Jul 2020 00:34 #176189 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request

I noticed that yesterday before pushing and fixed it. It works fine here, with your code as well. Strange happenings...

Is there anything about my table that could be different or cause different behavior? Definitely acting odd. It losing the soft limit on a rapid has me nervous lol

Not sure it would help but do you need my hal/ini fileS? Could Rod’s ohmic2 comp be interfering somehow?
Last edit: 28 Jul 2020 00:34 by snowgoer540.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2020 00:48 - 28 Jul 2020 00:49 #176194 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request

I noticed that yesterday before pushing and fixed it. It works fine here, with your code as well. Strange happenings...

Is there anything about my table that could be different or cause different behavior? Definitely acting odd. It losing the soft limit on a rapid has me nervous lol

It is possible that the errors caused the Y&Y offsets to not zero out and I don't think the soft limits keep track of the offsets (not 100% sure)
It may be worthwhile to keep Halshow open while doing this testing and keep an eye on the X&Y offsets and it they aren't zero (or as close as a float can show zero) when you stop a job then you need to restart LinuxCNC. Attached is my.halshow that I am using while testing. Copy it to your config directory and have the following in the .ini file and it will load when you start LinuxCNC. You can delete anything you don't want to watch. Remove the .txt from the end - I can't belive this forum doesn't allow halshow files...
[APPLICATIONS]
DELAY = 3
APP = halshow my.halshow

Not sure it would help but do you need my hal/ini fileS? Could Rod’s ohmic2 comp be interfering somehow?

I don't believe so.
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Jul 2020 00:49 by phillc54.

More
28 Jul 2020 01:08 #176195 by snowgoer540

It is possible that the errors caused the Y&Y offsets to not zero out and I don't think the soft limits keep track of the offsets (not 100% sure)
It may be worthwhile to keep Halshow open while doing this testing and keep an eye on the X&Y offsets and it they aren't zero (or as close as a float can show zero) when you stop a job then you need to restart LinuxCNC. Attached is my.halshow that I am using while testing. Copy it to your config directory and have the following in the .ini file and it will load when you start LinuxCNC. You can delete anything you don't want to watch. Remove the .txt from the end - I can't belive this forum doesn't allow halshow files...
[APPLICATIONS]
DELAY = 3
APP = halshow my.halshow

I don't believe so.

Ok, I’ll add that and keep an eye on things.

Anything else I can be doing in the meantime? Any more info I can feed you that might help?

More
28 Jul 2020 01:10 #176196 by phillc54

Anything else I can be doing in the meantime? Any more info I can feed you that might help?

No, I think you are keeping me occupied. ;)

More
28 Jul 2020 01:37 #176198 by snowgoer540

No, I think you are keeping me occupied. ;)

Haha well if I ever get around to designing a reduction system, you may get a bit of a reprieve while I implement it

More
28 Jul 2020 01:38 - 28 Jul 2020 01:39 #176199 by phillc54
Well I am glad you posted the code you are using because it shows odd behaviour that the code I used doesn't.

I have no idea what is going on with that, very strange, so bear with me...

Haha well if I ever get around to designing a reduction system, you may get a bit of a reprieve while I implement it

I may copy it. :)
Last edit: 28 Jul 2020 01:39 by phillc54.

More
28 Jul 2020 01:48 #176200 by snowgoer540

Well I am glad you posted the code you are using because it shows odd behaviour that the code I used doesn't.

I have no idea what is going on with that, very strange, so bear with me...

I may copy it. :)

Interesting. I wonder what’s special about it. I have gotten a lot of mileage out of testing with it though, so I’ll thank the guy I did the cut for he will get a kick out of it :laugh:

I wish I knew about the resonance stuff and distance per resolution before I designed the table. I always planned to use linuxcnc, but it wasn’t until I was mostly done with the build that I learned of Plasmac, and even later (table built) that I learned of the Plasma primer. So I now see for myself why everyone uses a reduction system. The ironic thing is I always thought it was about torque and couldn’t understand why there wasn’t enough. Live and learn. Lessons taught by experience are supposed to stick the longest I guess? At any rate I say all of that to say that it’ll be a challenge to work it into the area I have now, without a complete resign... but necessity is the mother of all invention... I hope

More
28 Jul 2020 02:24 #176206 by phillc54

At any rate I say all of that to say that it’ll be a challenge to work it into the area I have now, without a complete resign...

That is what is putting me off doing it...

More
28 Jul 2020 08:40 #176228 by phillc54
The next lot of mistakes have been pushed.:blink:

More
28 Jul 2020 10:29 #176232 by snowgoer540

That is what is putting me off doing it...

Same...

The next lot of mistakes have been pushed.:blink:

Ok, excited to get out of here today and test it out. Did you find anything profound? Any area of the aforementioned issues I should focus my efforts around?

Also, are the errors cut-recovery related? Or would they have affected the main branch and the mesh branch as well?

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds