Feature Request

More
06 Aug 2020 02:45 #177460 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Feature Request

I’m pretty sure I understand what you’re saying. Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is, is would there be a problem if the torch went to fire again and paused from failing without any movement in the X or Y? Would that clear the offsets? Or would it cause similar issues to what I’ve been seeing?

It would pause goto the top and give an error. You could then either fix the issue and resume or press stop which will clear the offsets.

Ok, but the way I’m understanding is you can’t move the torch again? You only get one shot at cut recovery via moving the torch around?

Probably rare just making sure I understand

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2020 03:11 #177461 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Feature Request

Ok, but the way I’m understanding is you can’t move the torch again? You only get one shot at cut recovery via moving the torch around?

Probably rare just making sure I understand

You can cancel and redo it but once resume is hit then it is committed. Once the cut begins and the offset is cancelled then you could do another one. I'll play around and see if I can change it it but I am not confident.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
06 Aug 2020 07:14 #177469 by phillc54
I pushed some more changes:

Now when you resume it keeps the dialog open until the cut starts and the offsets are cleared (all the buttons are disabled)
If you pause before the offset are cleared, it will clear the offsets then enable all the buttons and away you go...
Cancel clears the offsets and closes the dialog immediately.
Stop clears the offsets and closes the dialog after they have cleared.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
06 Aug 2020 07:24 #177472 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Feature Request
I take it these updates are in the secret society and us dimwits looking on don't need to do anything until told to and generally just be quiet :unsure:

More
06 Aug 2020 07:27 #177473 by phillc54

I take it these updates are in the secret society and us dimwits looking on don't need to do anything until told to and generally just be quiet :unsure:

Clive, they are available for anyone who wants to try them. It is an a Git branch and you need to use it as a run in place install.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
06 Aug 2020 07:33 #177474 by Clive S

Clive, they are available for anyone who wants to try them. It is an a Git branch and you need to use it as a run in place install.

I think I gathered that. :) So its generally safe for us just to do the normal updates that you publish when they come around and the experimenting is totally separate.

More
06 Aug 2020 07:36 #177475 by phillc54

I think I gathered that. :) So its generally safe for us just to do the normal updates that you publish when they come around and the experimenting is totally separate.

Yep, thats it...

Did you sort out the odd probing in that machine you were helping with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
06 Aug 2020 07:45 #177476 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Feature Request

I got lost way back as i can not see any use for any of the features discussed here.
Expanded mesh feature is usable but not everyone has that feature in their plasma cutters and the process goes through consumables like crazy, so it is much cheaper and faster to use an angle grinder.
As for recovery there are already many ways to recover from a failed cut.

More
06 Aug 2020 08:02 #177480 by Clive S

Did you sort out the odd probing in that machine you were helping with.

I don't want to muddy this thread. The machine is still on V0.026 but will be updating soon as I get the internet to it.
Yes the probing has been sorted but there are a few more questions. I will put them on the other thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
06 Aug 2020 10:23 #177485 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Feature Request
Wow! I turn my back for 12 hours or so and I miss 51 posts. I'm still struggling to get my head around probing, intercourse without foreplay and the liberty bell!

But honestly the biggest sin was a discussion about Visual Basic! :evil:
It really is a pretender in the programming stakes!

In answer to a couple of questions before you guys sank into depravity: :woohoo: :blink: :whistle:

The hypersensing makes no difference. It still just presents a probe (there we go again) signal to Plasmac just like the relay version.

Snowgoer, there is quite a good tutorial series on Python by Google.
developers.google.com/edu/python
But more importantly the videos are a much watch
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL61E606149255B362

I have to say I'm not fond of Python but it can be very efficient. It can achieve in 100 lines what might take 1000 lines in C. I still find it very unintuitive. A bit like Fusion 360 is for me right now...

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds