wrong scale thc of the z axis during cutting on qtplasmac

More
13 Jul 2021 05:19 #214485 by sibista
I used test mod to simulate thc action while cutting. during real cutting the situation is the same, the Plasmac responds well to the thc signal, when the sheet is higher, the burner goes up high above the sheet. In qtplasma also raises but not enough and goes on the plate. I have no idea what this causes. Also used milling machines on the same computer and I have no problems.

I go to the hospital to get my son, if I have free time, I will record a film.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2021 05:24 - 13 Jul 2021 05:29 #214486 by sibista
forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/42339-qtplasm...thc-proma-150#206851

here I recently described this problem, but thought the z axis is not responding. The videos show for a fraction of a second how the parameters of the z axis work in hundreds  of millimeters
Last edit: 13 Jul 2021 05:29 by sibista.

More
13 Jul 2021 06:02 #214490 by phillc54
I have no idea what could be wrong, your settings work fine here on a sim. It is even stranger that it works for you in PlasmaC as that uses the same component to do the THC as QtPlasmaC.
I see from the video that the UP & DOWN LEDs are turning on.
What happens if you set the Speed % to a ridiculous value like 1000?

More
13 Jul 2021 09:34 - 13 Jul 2021 09:36 #214517 by sibista
I changed even 1000 to different values, it doesn't change anything.
In plasmac the change of speed works, what could be the reason that qtplasma does not respond to these changes?
Last edit: 13 Jul 2021 09:36 by sibista.

More
13 Jul 2021 11:19 #214542 by tommylight
Missing
plasmac.thc-feed-rate
In hal????

More
13 Jul 2021 15:26 #214599 by sibista
hello
I have 2 .hal files plasmacv1.hal and palsmacv1_connections.hal, in which I should add plasmac.thc-feed-rate and how should this command look like

More
13 Jul 2021 17:05 #214620 by snowgoer540

Missing
plasmac.thc-feed-rate
In hal????

Just to be clear, the issue that caused you (tommylight) to manually set that hal pin was fixed on March 21, 2021 with This Commit .  It is automatically set by the handler with parameters (MAX_VELOCITY and OFFSET_AV_RATIO) from the <machine_name>.ini file:
        self.thcFeedRate = float(self.iniFile.find('AXIS_Z', 'MAX_VELOCITY')) * \
                           float(self.iniFile.find('AXIS_Z', 'OFFSET_AV_RATIO')) * 60
        hal.set_p('plasmac.thc-feed-rate','{}'.format(self.thcFeedRate))

The pin plasmac.thc-feed-rate is not/should not be part of any hal file in the first place and therefore will always be missing from every user's configuration (by design).

It is not necessary to manually set this pin in any hal file, and doing so could cause further issue, and if not will certainly cause confusion for anyone trying to help said user diagnose problems.

I believe it would be better advice to have a user verify that the pin exists and is not zero, using halshow or halmeter, but again, this is fixed, so that would not be necessary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
13 Jul 2021 21:21 #214648 by tommylight
Sorry Snowwy, bad choice of words, but i am pretty sure he has done the same thing i did and ended up with a feed rate of 0.
And you are right, it would have been much more helpful to instruct on checking the pin.
Leme go hide under a rock for about 5 minutes of shame ! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
13 Jul 2021 21:45 #214650 by snowgoer540
Haha no need to hide under the shame rock!  If there is, I’d better join you hahaha

Just didn’t want the waters to get muddied :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
21 Jul 2021 11:01 #215483 by billykid
I'll hide myself under a stone but unfortunately without that line: plasmac.thc-feed-rate 100 the thc doesn't want to know how to work. also the parameters are not saved and if I try to save a path linuxcnc closes immediately .. the only one will be to completely redo the configuration with pnconf, the problem is that there is no 7i80db16, the sv12 driver is only for the 7i80hd.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds