Sheetcam revised post - please test

More
13 Nov 2021 07:01 #226286 by phillc54

I'm encountering is that since the rain I keep getting power outages in the shed (not asscoiated with this) and when I restart and get everything aligned again, I can only start from the beginning of the job. Previously I would be able to enter a job at the beginning of any cut.

I have pushed a change that should allow run from line when using temporary materials.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RNJFAB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2021 10:02 #226299 by RNJFAB
Snow & Phil,

Thank you again for going above and beyond to help me with this.

I have been using sheet cam since I started as Mach 3, was, well, kind of you know, less than great. So sheet cam was my settings and config and mach just moved the torch around.

I'm finding plasma & now QTPlasmaC are much more than Mach 3, and can handle a bit of what I was doing in sheet cam.

I will try and transition over to QTPlasmac for all my tooling as it will be much easier to change materials for the same job that way. Currently i have a fairly robust naming convention for all my cut files telling me total size and material thickness. both of these are no longer required with how awesome QT is.

I'll do the update tonight, but will also try and import tools sets from sheet cam into QT.

Thank again guys.

Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds