Framing a metric GCode job on an imperial config

More
12 Mar 2023 05:57 #266472 by Doug @ Design8Studio.com
Thank you! You all are awesome!
I understand about the framing thing. For whatever reason I cannot reproduce it either! If I ever encounter it again, I will do my best to document and investigate it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2023 01:18 #266623 by snowgoer540

Thank you! You all are awesome!
I understand about the framing thing. For whatever reason I cannot reproduce it either! If I ever encounter it again, I will do my best to document and investigate it!

Just wanted to drop a quick note and let you know I was able to reproduce this tonight. It might be a few days until this gets a proper fix, there's a lot at play here.

If you're curious, here's how to reproduce:
1. open imperial qtplasmac
2. open a metric file
3. press cycle start
4. framing after running this file will be tiny

The reason is because the gcode puts the imperial machine in G21 mode, and it persists after the cycle is stopped. If you do a framing after that, all the behind the scenes MDI commands will be interpreted as millimeters instead of inches.

A work around would be to type G20 in the MDI. Then try framing again. The DRO will change back to metric once you press cycle start.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Doug @ Design8Studio.com

More
14 Mar 2023 01:27 #266624 by Doug @ Design8Studio.com
Wow, it's amazing you were able to figure out how I stumbled upon it! I'm glad to know I was not crazy. LOL

More
16 Mar 2023 01:10 #266798 by snowgoer540
I pushed a fix for this. Whenever the buildbot is done doing its thing, it will be ready.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds