M190 not recognised

More
12 Aug 2023 00:22 #277688 by beefy
Replied by beefy on topic M190 not recognised
Yeah, I even paid a couple hundred dollars for a wireless MPG pendant but just could not get it to work, even with the component that exists for it.

I just didn't want to go spending any more cash so just made use of what I already had on the shelf. I might do down the track.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2023 05:45 - 12 Aug 2023 05:46 #277701 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic M190 not recognised
Looks awesome so far.
Adding a MPG is not that expensive.
www.aliexpress.com/item/4000008563589.ht...eLogUid=7jdTCcJTa0cH
get the 4 wire one and it will wire direct into the 7i76e MPG inputs.

For a really scary wireless solution look at the ESP32 which supports wifi and Bluetooth. You can get ones with the screen already built in.
I'm slowly working on an application using one which I've got it reading Bluetooth and rs232 devices and sending data to a TCP port and a MQTT servervia wifi. I have a couple of Bluetooth chips designed to connect to a UART but had to get a UART level shifter. They may work for you.. Now I've got the level shifter, I am too lazy to get back to it!  Hacking a commercial Bluetooth device wore me out!

A Pyhon interface that listened on a specific port for specific GUI commands would be a very cool remote control enabler for qtplasmac!
Last edit: 12 Aug 2023 05:46 by rodw.

More
12 Aug 2023 11:32 #277722 by beefy
Woohoo, all the buttons worked, including the MDI_COMMAND ones.
My biggest fear now is if the EMI from the plasma affects the touch screen. That will give me one massive pet lip if that happens.

Thanks for the link, yeah they are pretty cheap.

Not too worried about the MPGs at the moment though Rod, I need to see if my table can actually make me a dollar after all the time I've spent on it. For now I'll be over the moon with a pendant with heaps of control at my fingertips. No more being at the PC with reading glasses and trying to watch the cut for tip-ups at the same time. Damn it will be heaven.

I've got a couple of ESP32 boards in front of me. I got them for something called NMEA2000 which is a communication network on boats (another project on the shelf to one day be completed). I'll see if I can find some ready made code. All I need is for them to transmit the aforementioned "command bytes".

I'm afraid you lost me with some of the stuff you said LOL. TCP and MQTT server via Wifi. Right over the top of my head.

More
12 Aug 2023 11:39 #277723 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic M190 not recognised

Woohoo, all the buttons worked, including the MDI_COMMAND ones.

Great work...

My biggest fear now is if the EMI from the plasma affects the touch screen. That will give me one massive pet lip if that happens.

At least being wired you should be able to provide some reasonable grounded shielding.

More
13 Aug 2023 01:59 #277790 by beefy

Good point Phill.

If I get any issues I'll try swapping over to an aluminium enclosure (plastic right now), using a shielded cable, and attaching the shield to the enclosure. I'd probably have the "star point" of the shielding at the main control panel, so I'm wondering if I'd introduce a ground loop just by my body touching the aluminium pendant. Hmmm, might even just try lining my plastic enclosure with foil to prevent that.
The main issue is the full area of the touch screen is exposed to any EMI so I'm pretty much relying on luck there. Time will tell.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds