Is it possible to display the cutting path in 3D in QTPlasmac?

More
05 Oct 2023 07:33 #282346 by DmitryKV
Hello.
You asked for a G-code file. I am attaching the file.
You mentioned offsets that need to be set to zero. This is also stated in the documentation.
Could you tell me more about this, I have never worked with offsets before. And I can’t quite imagine how and where to do this. What is written in the documentation is a little florid for me. Is it possible to say this in simpler terms?

Regards, Dmitry.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2023 09:30 #282347 by Aciera
Not sure how things work regarding the Z-hight in plasma so I'm not sure this is a valid solution for you:

Presuming a pipe diameter of 150mm you would need to change the cutting hight from Z0 to Z75 in the gcode then you load the gcode with work offset in y,z= 0 (MDI: g10 l2 p0 y0 z0)
this should give you a correct preview of the path.
Then to get a proper live plot you need to set the work offset for z = half the pipe diameter (MDI: g10 l2 p0 x0 z-75) Note you could also have an offset in X here if you wanted.

This is the result I get:

I'm afraid that is the best solution I can come up with for the moment.
Attachments:

More
05 Oct 2023 09:44 - 05 Oct 2023 11:21 #282348 by Aciera
Also for future reference:
Currently there seems to be a bug in the A! rotation code in the sense that the z work offset is only interpreted in inches. Users working in inches can load gcode with Z height set to zero (Z0) and get a proper preview and liveplot by setting the z workoffset to 1/2 of the pipe diameter.

Last edit: 05 Oct 2023 11:21 by Aciera.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds