Changing material but spot not working.. maybe a bug ot it's me?

More
25 Feb 2024 01:12 - 25 Feb 2024 02:31 #294307 by jazzkramer
I changed the begin pre-amble line to #<holes> = 0

I don't know the meaning of that line, I know some gcode base commands but the file was generated by SheetcamTNG PlasmaC postprocessor.

So, do I need to edit other gcode lines to adapt part of the code to the #<holes> = 0 ?

Without editing nothing more, the code in the code display of LinuxCNC is now ok and the drawing is ok as well :)

I made a cycle with the CNC machine but with plasma disabled and it looks like it's moving correctly. (I can't switch on the compressor at this time or my neighbors are actually killing me).

Tomorrow morning I will try a complete cycle cut and I will tell you if it's all ok. (It's GMT -4 here)

Thank you very much. I was thinking it was something related to G90 G01 relative/absolute, but it seems not to.

Thank you!

AND I think #<holes> is an internal LinuxCNC variable/reference.
What does it actually do? I can't find any info about it
Where can I find info about these variables? Thanks

Thank you again! :)
Alberto
Last edit: 25 Feb 2024 02:31 by jazzkramer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2024 03:42 #294327 by phillc54
I have pushed a fix for this issue. When the Buildbot has finished building you can update and it should be good to go.

#<holes> is a plasmac gcode filter variable.

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/plasma/qtplas...#plasma:hole-cutting

More
25 Feb 2024 15:04 #294373 by jazzkramer
Thank you very much!! :) :) :)

Today I will install the bildbot version and I will test, many thanks again. :)

Alberto.

More
26 Feb 2024 14:19 - 26 Feb 2024 19:13 #294524 by jazzkramer
Hi, sorry to bother again, yesterday I was sick so I could not test the machine...

Ok, today I'm almost ok but I'm getting crazy installing from buildbot... many key, errors... I'm following instructions on buildbot.linuxcnc.org/ page..

Than
I managed importing the key EF1B07FEE0EE663E
using hkp://pgpkeys.eu server

now Synaptic Package Manager, when I reload says":

GPG error: buildbot.linuxcnc.org buster InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY EF1B07FEE0EE663EThe repository 'buildbot.linuxcnc.org buster InRelease' is not signed.

so I searched the Linuxcnc forum and see there is a buildbot2 instead of buildbot server... and a version 2.10.

Now I'm confused about which server, which key, which LinuxCNC version I'm supposed to istall...

Can someone please point me to the "last version" that contains the mod made by Phillc54?

Sorry again for my noob question...

Thank you very much, Alberto.
Last edit: 26 Feb 2024 19:13 by jazzkramer.

More
26 Feb 2024 22:45 #294554 by phillc54
If you are using Buster then normally you would use the linuxcnc buildbot, if you are using Bullseye or Bookworm then you would use buildbot2.

Having said that it looks like the linuxcnc buildbot is not up to date so you are better off using buildbot 2.

If you are running LinuxCNC 2.9 then stay with 2.9 unless there is some additional feature in master (2.10) that you need.

Note that the fix you want is in both 2.9 and master.

More
26 Feb 2024 22:51 #294555 by jazzkramer

More
27 Feb 2024 19:37 #294630 by jazzkramer
Finally I could test cut: IT WORKS!! THANKS!!! :) (2.9-237.307)

Now I only have to add 10 seconds for air to cutoff before the next center spot (I read the other post about this, but I prefer to wait 10 seconds for now. It was not necessary in PlasmaC, don't know why, but it's ok for me, I do not have to produce many parts every day :) ).
Thanks again, I'm a poor guy at the moment, but when possible I will contribute to the project, you deserve it! :)

Alberto.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds