Another offset probing request

More
01 Mar 2024 23:29 #294872 by Deveraux
That would be great. 
I figured it was implemented that way because of efficiency as offset probing does add quite some time to a sheet with many pierce movements. But all in all it was a game changer for my machine in terms of reliability and consistency of the probing thus resulting in better cut Quality.
Once this last error is resolved i can begin to finetune everything (z height, probe height) to reduce cutting time further.
Anyways thanks a lot yet again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2024 01:47 - 03 Mar 2024 08:18 #294881 by phillc54
If you are game to test this out before I push it, attached is a new plasmac.comp file.
You will need to rename the existing component then install the new one.
Open a terminal and assuming the new plasmac.comp is in ~/Downloads:
cd ~/Downloads
sudo mv /usr/lib/linuxcnc/modules/plasmac.so /usr/lib/linuxcnc/modules/plasmac.so.old
sudo halcompile --install plasmac.comp
If you are missing halcompile then you will need to install the dev package:
sudo apt install linuxcnc-uspace-dev

There is an additional hal pin named plasmac.offset-probe-mode, the default value is 0 which keeps the probing as is, setting it to 1 should inhibit Z axis motion until the probe offsets are cleared.
Hopefully this will work for you.
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Mar 2024 08:18 by phillc54.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deveraux

More
03 Mar 2024 07:30 #294985 by Deveraux
I would of course test this since i am apparently the only one who need this feature might as well help testing. I am also willing to write a small paragraph for the docs if anyone else needs this in the future.
But i dont see the anything attached to your post where should i look for the file?

More
03 Mar 2024 08:19 #294989 by phillc54
Oops, that is a bit embarrassing. The attachment should be there now.

More
03 Mar 2024 09:14 #294994 by Deveraux
Happens all the time to me when im Sending E-mails :D 
Thanks ill try it out when im in the shop tomorrow morning and i will report back. 

More
04 Mar 2024 13:26 #295133 by Deveraux
Well i just installed the component, 
i set the Halpin in the custom hal file.
(however 0 or 1 makes no difference)

with the component installed the torch moves to x y offset, the cylinder fires then the z axis is deactivated. (Probing cannot be completed since the z axis never moves down and probes. ) the intended way was to deactivate the z axis after ohmic signal is received. 
normal probing with halpin set to 0 has the same behaviour so i removed the component again.
hope you can help 

More
05 Mar 2024 02:33 - 05 Mar 2024 02:46 #295184 by phillc54

with the component installed the torch moves to x y offset, the cylinder fires then the z axis is deactivated. (Probing cannot be completed since the z axis never moves down and probes. ) the intended way was to deactivate the z axis after ohmic signal is received.

I don't understand why, that is exactly where I made the changes, before Z moves to zero height after probing 

normal probing with halpin set to 0 has the same behaviour so i removed the component again
I also don't understand why this happens.

I can only test this on a sim and it seems OK. I will try to cobble an offset probe together for my plasma table and do some testing. You may have to bear with me for a while.

How far below the torch nozzle does your probe extend?

Edit: Could you confirm that you are using master branch and not 2.9
Last edit: 05 Mar 2024 02:46 by phillc54.

More
05 Mar 2024 04:21 #295188 by phillc54
Going through the probing sequence has shown me that I had the sequence wrong. Currently when it finishes detecting the material it moves Z to zero, which is the top of the material then moves to pierce height while clearing the probe offset. There is no reason that it needs to move to zero. I have attached a version that bypasses the zero move. It may be enough to fix your issue. No extra pins involved.

File Attachment:

File Name: plasmac_20...-04.comp
File Size:128 KB

Attachments:

More
05 Mar 2024 06:47 - 05 Mar 2024 09:24 #295200 by Deveraux
Thanks ill install it in a few hours to try out. Im running the lastest master branch version and the probe has an offset of 15mm now (recently remounted it).
I can only imagine how hard it is to program features/modify them without even having the hardware itself... 
Im grateful for your effort.
EDIT:
Well unforunately same as the first component the cylinder extends z moves to probe height then nothing happens the probe doesent move to the offset either.
If i bridge the contact ohmic probe movement does end however.
Probe height is 35mm, ohmic offset is -14mm 
x and y offset are -45mm and -15mm
shall i post my config as well ? 
Last edit: 05 Mar 2024 09:24 by Deveraux.

More
05 Mar 2024 22:48 #295265 by phillc54

Well unforunately same as the first component the cylinder extends z moves to probe height then nothing happens the probe doesent move to the offset either.

That makes no sense at all, the only change is not moving to Z zero.
Do you have a valid Probe Speed?

shall i post my config as well ? 

Yes please.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 2.325 seconds