QtPyVCP - GCodeEditor - Widget Styling - Please review and comment.

More
27 Dec 2019 13:20 #153264 by Leon82
Do we drop your gcode editor.py and replace the one in the qtpyvcp folder?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2019 13:24 #153265 by Donb9261
Not sure I understand the question.

More
27 Dec 2019 13:28 #153266 by Donb9261
The gcodeeditor.py I posted works so in theory one could simply exchange the original as shipped gcodeeditor.py file for mine. I just renamed the original as shipped to gcodeeditor.py.old and then placed mine in the folder without the .old extension allowing for the correct module import using my version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leon82

More
27 Dec 2019 13:58 #153268 by Leon82

The gcodeeditor.py I posted works so in theory one could simply exchange the original as shipped gcodeeditor.py file for mine. I just renamed the original as shipped to gcodeeditor.py.old and then placed mine in the folder without the .old extension allowing for the correct module import using my version.

Yes, i navigated to the folder which contained that file renamed original and dropped in yours. I'll try it again

More
27 Dec 2019 14:15 #153270 by Donb9261
It could be that it searches based on the head portion of the file. So, try renaming the old one to gcodeeditor_old.py. This would forego any head lookup tagging that file first.

More
27 Dec 2019 14:18 #153272 by Donb9261
And just to clarify the file path:

/home/YOUR_USER_NAME/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/widgets/input_widgets/gcodeeditor.py

More
27 Dec 2019 14:23 #153273 by Donb9261
Ooops.... Typo.... missing underscore

/home/YOUR_USER_NAME/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/qtpyvcp/widgets/input_widgets/gcode_editor.py

More
27 Dec 2019 14:34 #153274 by KCJ
Assuming you have installed from a git checkout you could also modify/replace the file in qtpyvcp/widgets/input_widgets/gcode_editor.py and reinstall with ‘pip install -editable .’ (uninstall with pip uninstall qtpyvcp first if you don’t already have an editable install). From then on you can edit files without having to reinstall or copy the modified files to the python lib. Very handy for development!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donb9261

More
27 Dec 2019 14:40 #153275 by Leon82

Assuming you have installed from a git checkout you could also modify/replace the file in qtpyvcp/widgets/input_widgets/gcode_editor.py and reinstall with ‘pip install -editable .’ (uninstall with pip uninstall qtpyvcp first if you don’t already have an editable install). From then on you can edit files without having to reinstall or copy the modified files to the python lib. Very handy for development!

thats the one i replaced last night. ill double check the other path

More
27 Dec 2019 14:40 #153276 by Donb9261
Wait until you see my next project. Macro var editor. Will load the .var file and display the contents for the work offsets allowing for a dialog less editing of all work offsets. Working through the bugs now. :-) Will use a QTableWidget like the tool table. I will also have an extension that will show user defined vars 500-5000. Handy when you use Probing macros and need to edit stored values without cluttering the UI.

Will work very similar to Fanuc Macro Variable Type B.

Maybe a week out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leon82

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds