Probe Basic main screen doesn't show loaded toolpath

More
27 Jan 2022 18:37 #233297 by Lcvette
can you try changing the backplot preview by selecting X View on the left side of the plotter window.  wondering if it may be a refresh issue.

what gcode file are you trying to load?  is it an example or one of your own? is the issue the same with the example files?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2022 18:57 #233299 by blauerklappstuhl
i tried my own gcode ,created gcode fom conversational and the arcspiral from pb_examples.
pressing x-view and all other buttons doesnt let the loaded path appear

More
27 Jan 2022 19:20 #233301 by MoshKopp
can you start linuxcnc via Terminal and paste your startup entrys here.

More
27 Jan 2022 19:37 - 27 Jan 2022 19:39 #233304 by blauerklappstuhl
got error about too much links, so i pasted in a textdocument:
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Jan 2022 19:39 by blauerklappstuhl.

More
27 Jan 2022 20:40 #233307 by MoshKopp
Hmm,ok no warnings about VTK is thrown. strange

More
29 Jan 2022 22:04 - 29 Jan 2022 22:05 #233491 by Lcvette
blauerklappstuhl,

im wondering if maybe it is a language issue can you test in english? if it works that will give us a narrowed window of where to hunt down the issue in vtk. 

or post a non translated version of the gcode files so we can experiment.

thanks,

Chris
Last edit: 29 Jan 2022 22:05 by Lcvette.

More
30 Jan 2022 23:05 #233592 by Lcvette
i got a py2 deb10 dev machine setup and starting looking and this machine is also experiencing the failed plottr draw on program load.  will need to dig into it and see what is breaking or what changed.  it is quite odd because that branch ha been static for a very long time.  im wondering if an update to something else has broke it..

I will update here once it is resolved and a fix has been pushed out for update.

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: blauerklappstuhl

More
01 Feb 2022 00:00 #233674 by blauerklappstuhl
Hey Chris,
thank you for your investigation ;-)
perhaps some other people with this issue think for a long time its "normal" to just see the machinetravel like i did

Alex

More
01 Feb 2022 02:09 #233680 by Lcvette
I suspect this is being caused by an update in linuxcnc. It is effecting the g and m code status channels also which are used in vtk backplotter. I have a machine that has not been updated for a while that is still running correctly and now one that is new with the issue. The branch that you installed has not been touched for a very long time and was working correctly until recently with no changes made to it. So their is likely a linuxcnc conflict happening is my best guess.

More
02 Feb 2022 15:22 #233805 by Lcvette
Ok after middling around trying to find the issue, it appears the status is broken in linuxcnc, can repeat issue on axis GUI and vtk pulls from status while loading the program file. So I suspect this is the culprit. Hopefully someone can resolve soon I am letting them know of the issue now in case it has not been reported.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds